Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michelle Obama's Newest Initiative: Using Hip-Hop to Fight Obesity

+7
VectorMan
boards of FL
ImpishScoundrel
Joanimaroni
knothead
Floridatexan
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

First lady Michelle Obama is distributing a hip-hop album, complete with music videos, to fight obesity at schools across the country.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/08/05/michelle-obamas-newest-initiative-using-hip-hop-to-fight-obesity

Rolling Eyes 

Classy. Makes me feel so proud to be an American for the first time in my life.

Sal

Sal

. wrote:First lady Michelle Obama is distributing a hip-hop album, complete with music videos, to fight obesity at schools across the country.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/08/05/michelle-obamas-newest-initiative-using-hip-hop-to-fight-obesity

Rolling Eyes 

Groove to that hip-hop, fattie.

You'll feel better, and you might not be such a bitter hag.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Music gets kids moving...no doubt about it. I've listened to and participated in many field days at the neighborhood elementary school. I can hear them from my house. It's an exercise party, and the kids absolutely love it.

Exercise to music that denigrates women and glorifies the "thug" culture. Nice.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

knothead

knothead

She's using the music venue that the problem kids can relate to so I'm giving her a pass and ignoring all the criticism . . . . . . . she's connecting with these kids so good for her!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Exercise to music that denigrates women and glorifies the "thug" culture. Nice.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
There are so-called "hip-hop" videos that I deplore as much as you do. But this is not that type of "hip-hop" that Michelle Obama is advocating.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://christinasorbit.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-happened-to-president-kennedys.html 

Because of funding cuts many schools were forced to cut physical education classes.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Joanimaroni wrote:http://christinasorbit.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-happened-to-president-kennedys.html 

Because of funding cuts many schools were forced to cut physical education classes.
I noticed all through my sons years in school that P.E. always seemed to be missing, or at least lacking. Noticing it even more with my little Impress.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Exercise to music that denigrates women and glorifies the "thug" culture. Nice.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Generalize much?

I actually have listened to it and obviously you have not.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I actually have listened to it and obviously you have not.
Listened to what? Michelle Obama's hip hop album meant to fight obesity?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I actually have listened to it and obviously you have not.
Everyone has heard "rap" music. What planet are you from?

. wrote:First lady Michelle Obama is distributing a hip-hop album, complete with music videos, to fight obesity at schools across the country.

Rolling Eyes 

Does this make her feel less like a prisoner?...Or is that how she relates being a prisoner to hip hop artists?...

VectorMan

VectorMan

She's about as fake as they come and as much of a narcissist as her lame ass husband.

She already proved she was an uncaring bitch back in Chicago.

I don't want my kids exposed to rap music. I go out of my way to deter the use of it. sure they hear it, but this is at school. this should not be something that is being forced on peoples children while at school.

this gets children early to accept this type of music as good and then they grow up liking it and get into that thug culture.

say what you want, I don't give a shit. but this is bull shit. not only that who is she targeting? black kids mostly? seems like all this administration does is know how to show their racism. what ever happened to ideas for just Americans, yeah, LIKE PE in schools. you know, playing soft ball and basketball, and kick ball and tennis and climbing on monkey bars, or PE day when you got to compete and do so many sits up and chin ups and go across that hang by your hand thingy what ever it was called and then some people got ribbons? was that all racist or not politically correct and had to be removed from schools because some kids didn't get ribbons, or some kids parents felt something was unfair? what happened?

now we have chubby kids, so many getting fat off food stamps, crap being put in our food that doesn't digest well, no PE at school, and a culture of sit on your ass and play vid games, and what do we get from the first lady of the free world?

GOD DAMN HIP HOP RAPPIN !!!! that what.

and if your too stupid to see how stupid and degrading it is to our country, well that explains it,your just stupid and no one can help you.

Sal

Sal

. wrote:I don't want my kids exposed to rap music. I go out of my way to deter the use of it. sure they hear it, but this is at school. this should not be something that is being forced on peoples children while at school.

this gets children early to accept this type of music as good and then they grow up liking it and get into that thug culture.

say what you want, I don't give a shit. but this is bull shit. not only that who is she targeting? black kids mostly? seems like all this administration does is know how to show their racism. what ever happened to ideas for just Americans, yeah, LIKE PE in schools. you know, playing soft ball and basketball, and kick ball and tennis and climbing on monkey bars, or PE day when you got to compete and do so many sits up and chin ups and go across that hang by your hand thingy what ever it was called and then some people got ribbons? was that all racist or not politically correct and had to be removed from schools because some kids didn't get ribbons, or some kids parents felt something was unfair? what happened?

now we have chubby kids, so many getting fat off food stamps, crap being put in our food that doesn't digest well, no PE at school, and a culture of sit on your ass and play vid games, and what do we get from the first lady of the free world?

GOD DAMN HIP HOP RAPPIN !!!! that what.

and if your too stupid to see how stupid and degrading it is to our country, well that explains it,your just stupid and no one can help you.
 Shut up, cracker. 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Michelle Obama's Newest Initiative: Using Hip-Hop to Fight Obesity Ignorance_can_be_educated_display_plaque-r483d717474e84708932312ed06449289_ar56b_8byvr_324

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:Michelle Obama's Newest Initiative: Using Hip-Hop to Fight Obesity Ignorance_can_be_educated_display_plaque-r483d717474e84708932312ed06449289_ar56b_8byvr_324
What happened to YOUR education? LOL

knothead

knothead

What happened to YOUR education? LOL

That's my question to you . . . . .

Great responses.

nit pick grammar so you can pretend you don't understand what I said so you can keep your head in the sand, oh excuse, I mean up your asses.

Now you either are pretty damn dumb if you do not understand what I said previously.

and I am very serious when it comes to tactics like this trying to alter our off springs behaviors via cultural manipulation. And it has been and is happening.

oh and again, its just not very classy for the first lady to be doing rap. Rap represents a sub cultural message and having the first lady do this is frankly embarrassing for our country and shows just how fucked up we have become.

either way, im sure most of you don't see this as significant and that's exactly why these tactics work so well on the masses.

Sal

Sal

. wrote:Great responses.

nit pick grammar so you can pretend you don't understand what I said so you can keep your head in the sand, oh excuse, I mean up your asses.

Now you either are pretty damn dumb if you do not understand what I said previously.

and I am very serious when it comes to tactics like this trying to alter our off springs behaviors via cultural manipulation. And it has been and is happening.

oh and again, its just not very classy for the first lady to be doing rap. Rap represents a sub cultural message and having the first lady do this is frankly embarrassing for our country and shows just how fucked up we have become.

either way, im sure most of you don't see this as significant and that's exactly why these tactics work so well on the masses.
 Shut up, cracker. 

2seaoat

The first lady has more class in her pinky finger than many posters on this forum. What is embarrassing is that people think this country's culture is 1950 Selma Alabama, which has slowly dissolved and been replaced by modern culture.....a culture which slowly is taking what once was minority culture and is quickly becoming the majority of our culture. The only thing embarrassing is not realizing like the dinosaurs who we now find their bones......your views are the bone pile of American culture.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:oh and again, its just not very classy for the first lady to be doing rap. Rap represents a sub cultural message and having the first lady do this is frankly embarrassing for our country and shows just how fucked up we have become.

The first lady has more class in her pinky finger than many posters on this forum.  What is embarrassing is that people think this country's culture is 1950 Selma Alabama, which has slowly dissolved and been replaced by modern culture.....a culture which slowly is taking what once was minority culture and is quickly becoming the majority of our culture.  The only thing embarrassing is not realizing like the dinosaurs who we now find their bones......your views are the bone pile of American culture.
 I'm not a fan of rap (rebellious  African people) and I have never cared for "Ebonics". Rap music is a sub cultural music that involves sex, guns, gangs and denigrates women, for the most part. Not appropriate for young impressionable kids. 

As far as musical exercise....that's great for rainy days and days when kids ca not be outside exercising and absorbing Vit D.  

What's next Twerking for kids?

2seaoat wrote:oh and again, its just not very classy for the first lady to be doing rap. Rap represents a sub cultural message and having the first lady do this is frankly embarrassing for our country and shows just how fucked up we have become.

The first lady has more class in her pinky finger than many posters on this forum.  What is embarrassing is that people think this country's culture is 1950 Selma Alabama, which has slowly dissolved and been replaced by modern culture.....a culture which slowly is taking what once was minority culture and is quickly becoming the majority of our culture.  The only thing embarrassing is not realizing like the dinosaurs who we now find their bones......your views are the bone pile of American culture.
up in red there seaoat... I guess that would explain our declining country and culture then huh...

I cant believe how far the rabbit hole you've gone down.

Im will continue to teach my children and grandchildren that rap is crap.

Once the indoctrination of rap at a early age accepting the delivering system of the beat, then comes next with what we see in rap music, the culture of everything joanie just pointed out.

Take a good look the next time your at a red light and the person next to you is blaring as loud as possible their rap lyrics. And then think to yourself well, im just a dinosaur on my deathbed, what could I have done but embrace it for my offspring. Because that's what your doing.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Just another political gimmick between vacations. 

Parental responsibility and guidance is more important to keep kids healthy and active.

http://eagnews.org/federal-report-identifies-numerous-problems-that-were-created-by-michelle-obamas-healthy-school-lunch-overhaul/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum