Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kerry Mocks Those That Don't Support Climate Initiative

+5
Markle
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/16/3939150/in-indonesia-kerry-urges-action.html

"We simply don't have time to let a few loud interest groups hijack the climate conversation," he said, referring to what he called "big companies" that "don't want to change and spend a lot of money" to act to reduce the risks.

Kerry later singled out major oil and coal concerns as the primary offenders.

"We should not allow a tiny minority of shoddy scientists and science and extreme ideologues to compete with scientific facts," Kerry told the audience at a U.S. Embassy-run American Center in a shopping mall.

"Nor should we allow any room for those who think that the costs associated with doing the right thing outweigh the benefits."

"The science is unequivocal, and those who refuse to believe it are simply burying their heads in the sand," Kerry said. "We don't have time for a meeting anywhere of the Flat Earth Society,"

Kerry said the cost of inaction will far outweigh the significant expense of reducing greenhouse gas emissions that trap solar heat in the atmosphere and contribute to the Earth's rising temperatures.

He outlined a litany of recent weather disasters, particularly flooding and typhoons in Asia, and their impact on commerce, agriculture, fishing and daily living conditions for billions of people.

"This city, this country, this region, is really on the front lines of climate change," Kerry said. "It's not an exaggeration to say that your entire way of life here is at risk."

He added: "In a sense, climate change can now be considered the world's largest weapon of mass destruction, perhaps even, the world's most fearsome weapon of mass destruction."

The solution, Kerry said, is a new global energy policy that shifts reliance from fossil fuels to cleaner technologies. He noted the President Barack Obama is championing such a shift and encouraged others to appeal to their leaders to join

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Poor Kerry....he lives in the shadow.....How is Mrs. Ketchup doing?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

"The science is unequivocal, and those who refuse to believe it are simply burying their heads in the sand," Kerry said. "We don't have time for a meeting anywhere of the Flat Earth Society,"

That's all he had to say.

Kerry's always so fucking long winded.

it was al gore, now Kerry and what e see now is bill Nye running around pretending to be scientist spewing BS propaganda.

the climate is changing but its nothing man did.

however Obama is about to spend a BILLION BOROWED $$$$$ on a climate change plan. Specifically, the effort will be designed to spur new research into how communities and infrastructure can be better prepared for the impacts of climate change and to fund new technologies “that will make us more resilient in the face of changing climate,” the administration said in announcing the initiative.

More details about the $1 billion fund will be released when the president unveils his 2015 budget next month, but administration officials are casting it as yet another piece of a bigger plan to mitigate the devastating impacts of climate change

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/14/obama-launch-1-billion-climate-resilience-fund/#ixzz2tgEbzkE9
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

don't worry. the GOV is here to save you nd help you with every little ting you ever needed, they just need one thing from you. guess

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/sea-ice-update-february-17-2014-antarctic-sea-ice-extent-still-25-above-normal/

Antarctic Sea Ice is 706,000 sq km above the 1981-2010 mean. That is 25% above ”normal”. Antarctic Sea Ice Extent actually rose 38,000

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/sea-ice-update-february-17-2014-antarctic-sea-ice-extent-still-25-above-normal/

Antarctic Sea Ice is  706,000 sq km above the 1981-2010 mean. That is 25% above ”normal”.  Antarctic Sea Ice Extent actually rose 38,000

Extent vs Volume = Weather vs Climate

Science!

Kerry Mocks Those That Don't Support Climate Initiative Bpioma12

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Only a fricken idiot believes piss ant people are responsible for global warming. There's this thing called the Sun that controls this rock along with a few volcanoes and a vast body of water. We as an effect are a cow fart in the wind. This is just another tax scheme that has liberals jacking off in anticipation.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:This is just another tax scheme that has liberals jacking off in anticipation.

And, every single scientific body of national or international standing is complicit in this scheme?

All of them??

How does that work?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:This is just another tax scheme that has liberals jacking off in anticipation.

And, every single scientific body of national or international standing is complicit in this scheme?

All of them??

How does that work?
Professional pressure and of course bribery. It's like a creationist scientist would ever hope to get funding for anything...no it's just more BS. More for domination and control of every individual alive on the planet. You will have to pay just to breathe. Some fricken world you want to live in...

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
Ayn Rand

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:

All of them??

How does that work?

You're talking to a "9/11 was an inside job!" guy here.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Of course 911 was an inside job. It was the new Pearl Harbor to usher in the new world order You will enjoy its full benefit. I will hopefully be dead long before it gets fully in place.

boards of FL

boards of FL

A question for our forum science deniers...

The world scientific consensus is that that earth is warming and that it is very likely that man-made activities are contributing to this warming. Again, this is the consensus of every scientific organization of national or international standing.

The question: If the consensus of every scientific organization of national or international stand is not enough to convince you of something....what is? I'm interested in hearing what it is that you would need to see beyond what we have all already seen, that would have you change your mind. Or is that even possible? Are you so certain that you are right, and that the consensus of the world scientific community is wrong, that no amount of evidence or anything that you can see or experience will ever change your mind?

It amazes me that people who consider themselves know it alls do not understand that the earth has had many ice ages and that in between those ice ages were warming periods

And of course the mass media and foreign govs want to buy into this because a weaker USA benefits them this is nothing but a way to redistribute wealth

If you look it up with a non biased mind you will find that even if the USA went back to living like cave people nothing would change

I recommend you study the sun the ocean and volcanos as a start to begin to understand weather patterns

And I can assure you you can toss all the money and taxes at this and the earth will continue to do what she has always done , change

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:

All of them??

How does that work?

As with everything else...MONEY.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:

All of them??

How does that work?

As with everything else...MONEY.

The fossil fuel industries don't have any?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Sal wrote:

All of them??

How does that work?
Professional pressure and of course bribery. It's like a creationist scientist would ever hope to get funding for anything...no it's just more BS. More for domination and control of every individual alive on the planet. You will have to pay just to breathe. Some fricken world you want to live in...

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
Ayn Rand

That is the one thing about the climate change movement that scares me.  The fact that it is a highly-politicized movement should make people suspicious of its ultimate intentions. Who is really holding the puppet-strings?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:A question for our forum science deniers...

The world scientific consensus is that that earth is warming and that it is very likely that man-made activities are contributing to this warming.  Again, this is the consensus of every scientific organization of national or international standing.

The question: If the consensus of every scientific organization of national or international stand is not enough to convince you of something....what is?  I'm interested in hearing what it is that you would need to see beyond what we have all already seen, that would have you change your mind.  Or is that even possible?  Are you so certain that you are right, and that the consensus of the world scientific community is wrong, that no amount of evidence or anything that you can see or experience will ever change your mind?

Someone SAYING that something is the CONSENSUS certainly does not make it so. The only efforts here are to further get the PEOPLE UNDER CONTROL of the government.

China alone is building a coal power plant every week. They are very clean and very sophisticated compared to previous plants but still coal plants.

ANYONE who thinks that crippling the United States by limiting our cheap and plentiful energy is a fool or a danger to out country.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Someone SAYING that something is the CONSENSUS certainly does not make it so.

Correct. 100% of all scientific organizations of national or international standing is what makes it so. Pretty sure I stated this....in my earlier post....that you quoted when you generated the above reply.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

That is the one thing about the climate change movement that scares me.  The fact that it is a highly-politicized movement should make people suspicious of its ultimate intentions. Who is really holding the puppet-strings?

There's a lot of different agendas at play here, but the science itself is apolitical.

Denialists are just useful idiots to the fossil fuel industry.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

There's a lot of different agendas at play here, but the science itself is apolitical.

Denialists are just useful idiots to the fossil fuel industry.

I am sure it could be said that there are useful idiots on both sides of the argument, depending on one's outlook.

That being said, nobody is going to kill the fossil fuel industry anytime too soon. There is too much money and power behind the industry, and the world is beholden too and desperately needs/wants their products. That is just being a realist.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:That being said, nobody is going to kill the fossil fuel industry anytime too soon. There is too much money and power behind the industry, and the world is beholden too and desperately needs/wants their products. That is just being a realist.

The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone...

The bronze age didn't end for a lack of bronze...

The iron age didn't end for a lack of iron...

One discovery can come along, and *poof*

boards of FL wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:That being said, nobody is going to kill the fossil fuel industry anytime too soon. There is too much money and power behind the industry, and the world is beholden too and desperately needs/wants their products. That is just being a realist.

The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone...

The bronze age didn't end for a lack of bronze...

The iron age didn't end for a lack of iron...

One discovery can come along, and *poof*

POOF! ?

what are you poofing?

You wont be poofing away any climate change lol , you might be poofing away a bunch of tax payer dollars. You know sooner or later the few poeple that work and pay taxes isnt going to stretch far enough, we are pretty much there now.

The question isnt whether there is climat change, its always been about if MAN caused it. Man has NOT caused it. To say so is to IGNORE all other climate changes in the earths history just to push a agenda.

I'm not sure why we have this conversaion just about every month. damn you lefties wont be happy until you live in a ocmpletly gov run society telling you every little thing and doing every little thing for you.

oh and one more thing. for all those who called teo a scardy cat, YOU SCARDY CAT YOU. so scared the earths going to do what?

Then let the "invisible hand" that ended those ages end the fossil fuel age. This climate change politics is reactionary.

BobbyOLA

BobbyOLA

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Only a fricken idiot believes piss ant people are responsible for global warming.

People are "piss ants" no doubt. But the one big difference between people and piss ants, is the piss ants of today don't have any better technology than the piss ants Jehova created 6000 years ago had.
People since Adam and Eve, on the other hand, have created technology which we know is altering the natural environment.
So I don't have trouble believing two-legged piss ants could accomplish what is being claimed.

But I'm still an agnostic. There's far too much noise (coming from both sides as is evidence by this thread) in this thing to hear any music.

BobbyOLA

BobbyOLA

I'm hurt that nobody asked me why the change to BobbyOLA.

When I tried to make that last post,  I wasn't logged in.  I then attempted to log in but it wouldn't take my password.  Either my mind has left me or something screwed up in the system.  I tried several times with what I thought I knew was the password,  the same password I've been using as "Bob",  but it wouldn't take it.   And I could find no link to email me a password reminder or password change.
So I had to re-register to submit the post.  So it wasn't because I wanted a sock.

When I went to choose a new username,  I pondered on it for a minute or two and BobbyOla came right to mind.

The "ola" prefix originated with David C. Rockola,  who along with Rudolph Wurliter,  created the jukeboxes (along with J.P. Seeburg later on).
Because his name was attached to so many jukeboxes,  and because jukeboxes were so much a part of music of the pre-digital era,  the term payola (google search "payola" if you don't know the word) became part of the American lexicon too.

The reason I chose BobbyOLA is for a specific reason.  It has to do with me having an almost miraculous find at yard sales two Saturdays ago.  A find that means more to me in a personal way than anything you can imagine.
So that's why.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum