Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My wife just told me this great story....it reminds me of here

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

An elderly couple hop in the car to go their son's for lunch about ten miles away at noon. The family freaks when they do not show up and after checking their home and seeing the car gone assume the worst. An amber alert is given on the interstates, and a person sees the couple at a gas station 100 miles from where they were to have lunch......arguing in the parking lot.......they have both been hospitalized.....I guess they were having a discussion on how to get to their son's home.....blind leading the blind......getting old is a B......

Why were they hospitalized? I must have missed your point here.

2seaoat

Why were they hospitalized? I must have missed your point here.

Good question. I do not know. I think for observation. Many times older folks do not eat or drink enough, and on top of dementia there can be very serious quesions of dehydration and malnutrition, but again I do not know the reason, only that it is being reported. I assumed that sadly both had some stage of dementia. My uncle and Aunt are in their late 80s and my uncle could simply not see anymore, and my aunt was too afraid to drive, so she would be the eyes for my Uncle. More than once they had fender benders before my cousins got them in assisted living. The desire to be independent and free eventually outstrips the ability to do the same, and often that first fender bender or taking a 100 mile detour assist elderly getting help.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sadly, the son has some difficult decisions to make that his parents might not like. It's difficult to see your parents deteriorate physically, but watching your parents decline mentally is maybe even worse.

2seaoat

Sadly, the son has some difficult decisions to make that his parents might not like. It's difficult to see your parents deteriorate physically, but watching your parents decline mentally is maybe even worse.

It is sad, but my wife and I have been smiling all day.....because since we have been married, our road trips are always an adventure as she has the map and directs me the wrong way. In Montreal, we took a road trip and she took French in High School....we almost made the arctic circle before we straightened that one out, and once going to the Keys......you know the place with one basic road in.....and one out, we got lost in Homestead......we just smiled thinking about them arguing in the parking lot.....a team.....old and fading, but still certain that somebody knows where they should be going.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Our GPS will say: Keep right.......keep right.......keep right.......turn left.

The road atlas is in the back seat and after a couple of "turn lefts" I'm often reaching for it. But then I sometimes can't read the small print on the damn thing. Mad 

2seaoat

I saw half of West Virgina last summer going to a wedding listening to the GPS in the Prius. Now my phone is remarkable with the new Note 2 Samsung phone with google maps.....scary accurate.

They dont issue Amber alerts for adults. Your wifey is wrong.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Silver alert.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum