Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Cops Stop People

+2
Nekochan
Slicef18
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When Cops Stop People Empty When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 8:20 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Last night on Anderson Cooper 360 there was much conversation about how the Black community needs to have a talk with their teenage children on how to act when being interviewed by the police. They said their children need to be told to say, "yes sir" and "no sir" when questioned. Hell, I had those conversations with our boys long ago as respect of the law and it is the best way to get police on your side, so to speak. I also told them to ask the officer if their dad (me) had to know. Officers are very busy and when they hear a parent would become involved and deliver any punishment or discipline, they are more than willing to not have to deal with it themselves. More than once I'd gotten a call from an officer, telling me about why he stopped one of my boys. Officers only want to see a parent can and will deal with an errant child. When I would arrive at the Officers location, rather than bad mouth the officer, I'd thank the officer for calling me and letting me deal with the situation. To the Black parents I suggest using any situation as an opportunity to teach the child respect for those wearing a badge and how to not have things end up at the courthouse.

2When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 8:25 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Amen!
Respect for law enforcement, for teachers, for neighbors, for parents.
Most all Americans of all colors used to teach this to their children but we have a generation or two now that have not grown up being taught basic social civilities.

3When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 8:29 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

And before anyone calls me a racist (and they will) it's a problem with white kids today too. But it's particularly taken a toll on the black community.

4When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 8:32 am

You won't ever see this message in a music video or a reality tv show... just more words in the wind.

5When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 9:12 am

2seaoat

Amen!
Most all Americans of all colors used to teach this to their children but we have a generation or two now that have not grown up being taught basic social civilities.

Respect is a door which swings both ways.

6When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 9:44 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, I would also hope that the parents of future teachers, LEOs, etc...teach them to respect others while they are growing up.

7When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 9:59 am

2seaoat wrote:Amen!

Cops today are quite corrupt.

8When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 10:04 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Not all. Not by a long shot. We just hear about the bad ones more often.

9When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 10:18 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

"Cops today are quite corrupt."

I disagree. While there are bad individuals in some police department, You will find bad individuals in all walks of life. The difference is that when a bad cop is identified, it is made public. When a WalMart, Target or Tom Thumb discovers a bad employee, he's fired and it never becomes Public information.

10When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 11:00 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Slicef18 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

"Cops today are quite corrupt."

I disagree. While there are bad individuals in some police department, You will find bad individuals in all walks of life. The difference is that when a bad cop is identified, it is made public. When a  WalMart, Target or Tom Thumb discovers a bad employee, he's fired and it never becomes Public information.
cheers cheers cheers 

11When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 1:01 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Respect and manners...yes, but not trust...I have had too many incidences where police have pushed to violate my rights...particularly when they're looking for someone. That said, I have had a few friends in the police department and I have had good results when someone needed to be arrested...however, the police in that particular instance had employed a known drug dealer as a confidential informant and allowed him to continue his illegal activities long after he should have been arrested. When police officers are honest and truly believe in "protect and serve", they're great people. A few times, police have gone out of their way to help me, and I'm extremely grateful for those times. Same with firemen and EMT's.

12When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 1:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/john-w-whitehead/has-your-dignity-also-been-abolished/

During a routine traffic stop, Leila Tarantino was allegedly subjected to two roadside strip searches in plain view of passing traffic, while her two children—ages 1 and 4—waited inside her car. During the second strip search, presumably in an effort to ferret out drugs, a female officer “forcibly removed” a tampon from Tarantino. No contraband or anything illegal was found.

13When Cops Stop People Empty Re: When Cops Stop People 7/17/2013, 5:01 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/john-w-whitehead/has-your-dignity-also-been-abolished/

During a routine traffic stop, Leila Tarantino was allegedly subjected to two roadside strip searches in plain view of passing traffic, while her two children—ages 1 and 4—waited inside her car. During the second strip search, presumably in an effort to ferret out drugs, a female officer “forcibly removed” a tampon from Tarantino. No contraband or anything illegal was found.

Dear God.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum