Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are cops okay with killing black people?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Good question! Markle also wants to know why cops are okay with killing white and brown people ...

http://www.alternet.org/human-rights/american-history-teaches-cops-kill-black-people?akid=14668.260394.97xEpV&rd=1&src=newsletter1064138&t=10

A collection of reactionary anecdotes... but the statistics don't support the leftist narrative or agenda.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:A collection of reactionary anecdotes... but the statistics don't support the leftist narrative or agenda.

What is the "leftest agenda" about cops killing unarmed people? It happens all the time -- to victims of every racial background. Are you saying the statistics about suspects shot to death by cops are wrong? You have a point?

2seaoat

Police are afraid and training, screening, and reasonable gun regulation have been abandoned under this wild west mentality. I would ask PK how he would like one of his children becoming a police officer. The retired fire chief I share office space with has a son who is about to join the Chicago Police. He played all conference football as a tackle in high school, and went to the University of Wisconsin Madison and was straight A's. He eventually will go to night law school in Chicago, but he wanted to work ten years as a police officer. His father is concerned as is every family member of law enforcement in America as citizens somehow in the last forty years have become armed to the max. I am around a lot of police, and I have never heard ONE officer say they were in favor of conceal and carry.

So if police and their families are scared, and the stereotypical young black male gets stopped.........that fear level goes up. Is it justified? I do not know that officers experience and training and psychological fitness to be an officer. I do know that many officers are unreasonably frightened or simply prejudiced when making a stop where a citizen is not extended the respect every citizen is due in this free country. The solution to this problem is better training and screening, special prosecutors, and mandatory body cameras. I have spoken about two friends who have killed citizens in the line of duty. If anybody thinks this young white women is not crushed by her killing of this father of four, I think they would be mistaken. It does no good to demonize police, but it is far past the time to rationalize and excuse unacceptable criminal behavior because my office sharing partner's son is a good kid or that this woman was a good person......they must be held to the same high standards of all of us.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

We have a creepy culture in this country re black Americans and/or people of color. Our culture's foundation has been so based on the accomplishments of European Americans, text books written mainly by them and the message however imparted is that black people are dangerous. The image of a black man being violent or dangerous has been part of our brainwashing. It is now a knee-jerk reaction with the current epithet of black people on the street being referred to as "thugs". Our culture is obviously sick.

The police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Friday has been charged with manslaughter, prosecutors announced on Thursday afternoon.

Tulsa County district attorney Steve Kunzweiler said he had filed a first-degree manslaughter charge against Betty Shelby, the white police officer who killed Terence Crutcher last week.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/22/terence-crutcher-betty-shelby-manslaughter-tulsa

2seaoat

We have two black children who are part of our extended family. My son's wife has five sisters and one of her sisters has married a great hard working black man and they have two beautiful children. These children are cousins of my two grandchildren. At birthday parties, and family gatherings the family unit is bonding. I love these two children. The thought of these children being treated unfairly in the country I love is more than I can stand. I grew up in De Jure segregation where Jim Crow was in full effect and the races were separate and far from equal. My mother did a good job trying to teach us not to be racist, but a child listens to the hate. I remember the horrible things being said about the Birmingham Boycott of Merchants by black people. It was horrible. I remember everybody getting out of a public pool when two black kids about my brother and my age, and we were kids and just kept playing in the water as all the white people got out..........until we have black people, brown people, muslims, and others as part of our families and communities, it is never going to be solved. I am so proud of both of my children who seem to be absolutely neutral about race, religion, and sexual preference. Both have friends in same sex relations, and the kids who are now 30 just have grown up differently than I did. I have hope for the future, but the need to talk about real issues, train our police, and strive for a just and equal system........I love this country and know good will prevail.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Good question! Markle also wants to know why cops are okay with killing white and brown people ...

http://www.alternet.org/human-rights/american-history-teaches-cops-kill-black-people?akid=14668.260394.97xEpV&rd=1&src=newsletter1064138&t=10

Specifically what official has said that it is okay to murder blacks or anyone else? Your reliable source and link will be appreciated too.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Good question!  Markle also wants to know why cops are okay with killing white and brown people ...

Specifically what official has said that it is okay to murder blacks or anyone else?  Your reliable source and link will be appreciated too.

Indictment of killer cops is very, very, rare in America. A conviction is even rarer. Both fellow officers and the prosecutors who work with them every day collude to protect defendants and if they did not, there would be hundreds of indictments and dozens of convictions. Reality.

Unjustified police shooting of innocent citizens is also rare in America. It's a tiny proportion of homicides.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Unjustified police shooting of innocent citizens is also rare in America. It's a tiny proportion of homicides.

Tell that to the families of the victims. Tell it to black Americans.

About any anecdote can be fashioned into a narrative.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum