Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I feel like some forum members have suffered head injuries or had a frontal lobotomy

+3
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:I just take issue with Seaoat calling forum members (laymen) fools when both the prosecution AND the defense said the case wasn't about stand your ground. And also, when the defense did not revolve around not having the obligation to retreat.

Nothing you just posted changes the status of the jury instruction where the judge commanded the jury to follow the law of stand your ground.  If your opinion, or all the other folks who want to render an opinion can show me where the judge did not command the jury to follow the law of stand your ground, or that any of these opinions changed the law......well then I would not be having conversations with fools, and I would certainly have to apologize because the judge did not instruct the jury on the stand your ground law.   If a thousand people give the opinion that the earth is flat, it does not change the physical natural laws of the universe , nor does it change the law as given to the jury.

What does any of that have to do with you name calling?Suspect 
Plenty of law experts, along with both prosecution and defense attorneys, and at least one of the drafters of the stand your ground law, have said this case was not about stand your ground. No one here is arguing that the earth is flat or that Seaoat is succinct!

I feel like some forum members have suffered head injuries or had a frontal lobotomy - Page 2 Th?id=H.4656273934647483&pid=1

I agree that a goodly percentage of supposedly enlightened progressive liberals have suffered a head injury or frontal lobotomy on this issue... and quite a few others...... However not all of them have on this issue.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-e2bptjUOc

Cool 

2seaoat

What does any of that have to do with you name calling?Suspect
Plenty of law experts, along with both prosecution and defense attorneys, and at least one of the drafters of the stand your ground law, have said this case was not about stand your ground. No one here is arguing that the earth is flat or that Seaoat is succinct!

Fool: One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

Did the Judge instruct the jury and command that they follow the stand your ground law? No it is not a stand your ground case.

Name calling would be saying something which is used to be hurtful, while the use of the word fool is a very specific descriptive word which clearly is not derogatory if an otherwise intelligent person is being foolish. An example, I may say I foolishly was late in getting to the bank when they closed on Saturday and I did not get that cashiers check. It is descriptive of one who is deficient in judgment, sense, and most certainly understanding. It is one thing to be ignorant. It is quite another to have no control and be stupid, but when the use of the word fool is used, it is descriptive and assumes that understanding has not been achieved. Succinct.......that and fifty cents will get you an apple pie at Macs.

Now calling someone a fool is not name calling. Oy Vey!

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:What does any of that have to do with you name calling?Suspect

Did the Judge instruct the jury and command that they follow the stand your ground law?  No it is not a stand your ground case.

Name calling would be saying something which is used to be hurtful, while the use of the word fool is a very specific descriptive word which clearly is not derogatory if an otherwise intelligent person is being foolish.  An example, I may say I foolishly was late in getting to the bank when they closed on Saturday and I did not get that cashiers check.  It is descriptive of one who is deficient in judgment, sense, and most certainly understanding.   It is one thing to be ignorant.   It is quite another to have no control and be stupid, but when the use of the word fool is used, it is descriptive and assumes that understanding has not been achieved.  Succinct.......that and fifty cents will get you an apple pie at Macs.

LOL. I'll just have to be a fool then.

2seaoat

LOL. I'll just have to be a fool then.

We have all achieved that status at sometime in our forum life.

VectorMan

VectorMan

WOW! All you people really read seaoat's driveling posts?

I picture him as an old man sitting in a dark room, with just the glow of the computer screen, in his underwear with a bag of Cheetos.

Ever since he tried unsuccessfully to label me a racist, I haven't had much use for him or his inane comments.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:What does any of that have to do with you name calling?Suspect

Did the Judge instruct the jury and command that they follow the stand your ground law?  No it is not a stand your ground case.

Name calling would be saying something which is used to be hurtful, while the use of the word fool is a very specific descriptive word which clearly is not derogatory if an otherwise intelligent person is being foolish.  An example, I may say I foolishly was late in getting to the bank when they closed on Saturday and I did not get that cashiers check.  It is descriptive of one who is deficient in judgment, sense, and most certainly understanding.   It is one thing to be ignorant.   It is quite another to have no control and be stupid, but when the use of the word fool is used, it is descriptive and assumes that understanding has not been achieved.  Succinct.......that and fifty cents will get you an apple pie at Macs.

Very apt...in Spanish it's pendejo.

2seaoat wrote:Funny how the progressives and the stealth progressive seaoat have fallen back on name calling and making fun of the forums mental abilities when we understand their drab crap and yet refuse to accept it...

Yes anybody who has an opinion that a case where the judge instructs the jury it is a stand your ground case, and then says somebody has an opinion that it is not..........they are a fool.   No name calling, just a simple fact of the condition that person who holds that opinion.  Now if a person wants to argue that a Murder 2 case was not proven, or it really should not be a murder 2 case, that is an opinion which may be foolish, but I can only counter that opinion with my opinion.....not worth a hill of beans.  However, to misstate the law and say it is not a murder 2 case, and to continually come back to the opinion that this was not a stand your ground case.....well either a person is a fool, or the instruction was not given.........hmmmm and to put icing on that fool cake....I am told they understand it.

The stand your ground instruction is given in all these cases of self defense. To say it is a stand your ground case based on that is silly.

2seaoat

I picture him as an old man sitting in a dark room, with just the glow of the computer screen, in his underwear with a bag of Cheetos.

damn....you cut right through that liberal media, and your powers amaze me.....I am almost shaking with the clarity of your vision. Please with my Cheetos covered hands tell me what the market is going to do next month.....you know....well of course you know....those cheetos really make a mess of the keyboard.

Sal

Sal

Dreamsglore wrote:

The stand your ground instruction is given in all these cases of self defense. To say it is a stand your ground case based on that is silly.

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaa ....

Oh my Gawd, let me catch my breath ...

Ok, I think I've composed myself ...

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa....

... sorry.

"Since Zimmerman’s lawyers opted not to invoke Stand Your Ground as a defense, observers have characterized this case as a regular old “self-defense” case, rather than a “Stand Your Ground” case. But what these jury instructions make clear is that, in Florida, there is no longer an effective distinction. Stand Your Ground is the state’s self-defense law, whether or not a defendant opts to hold a hearing specifically on the question. In fact, this section on the “Justifiable Use of Deadly Force” is the only place in all 27 pages of jury instructions in which the phrase “self-defense” is used."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum