Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afghanistan -- Who do you root for?

+6
Yella
knothead
Hospital Bob
gulfbeachbandit
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The Military Channel presented a documentary about a Marine Captain and his company on patrol in a remote province. The marines come under fire several times by Afghan fighters who are identified by the Marines as "Taliban."

Of course none of the enemy fighters were captured alive so there is virtually no way to determine whether they were actually Taliban troops or simply Afghan freedom fighters.

The Marines are there killing whomever they are ordered to kill, by a government that is determined to protect a corrupt, hated dictator that we installed named Hamid Karzai.

The Afghan fighters, Taliban or simply Afghan freedom fighters (for want of a better term) are opposed to American invaders who are occupying Afghanistan by force. In simpler terms, these Afghan men believe they are fighting for their country against a foreign invader.

So who in Hell are we supposed to root for?

Screw Amerika Inc.!!~

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well if my country was invaded by a superior force that hated my values and killed my friends and family with careless abandon, I would root for anyone brave enough to do whatever was needed to drive the invaders back into the sea.

This isn't fkin football

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"]Well if my country was invaded by a superior force that hated my values and killed my friends and family with careless abandon, I would root for anyone brave enough to do whatever was needed to drive the invaders back into the sea.[/quote

Well said. I would defend my home and my family. But the muslims are importing fighters from iran, Pakistan, and wherever else to fight us in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now, I say stay till they're all dead. The muslims, not us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's try to take an unbiased look at this because it's a really good question.

The accurate analogy would be to reverse the roles.  Let's say that Afghanistan was the "superpower" and we are the lesser country. And Afghanistan wants our coal.
And it's superpower status allows the government of Afghanistan to start backing dictators who take control of our government.

As a result of this,  our government starts to encourage and harbor anti-Afghanistan terrorists.  And at some point those terrorists mount an attack on Tehran and slaughter 3000 Iranian civilians.  

The Afghan superpower then invades our country,  occupies it,  and replaces our government with an Afghan puppet government.

So with that in mind,  we ask the question again.  If this was to happen to us,  would we then be friendly to the Afghan soldiers who are sent to occupy us and keep that Afghan puppet in power in Washington D.C.?
Or would we want to take our country back and fight them to the death?

Wordslinger wrote:The Military Channel presented a documentary about a Marine Captain and his company on patrol in a remote province.  The marines come under fire several times by Afghan fighters who are identified by the Marines as "Taliban."

Of course none of the enemy fighters were captured alive so there is virtually no way to determine whether they were actually Taliban troops or simply Afghan freedom fighters.

The Marines are there killing whomever they are ordered to kill, by a government that is determined to protect a corrupt, hated dictator that we installed named Hamid Karzai.

The Afghan fighters, Taliban or simply Afghan freedom fighters (for want of a better term) are opposed to American invaders who are occupying Afghanistan by force.  In simpler terms, these Afghan men believe they are fighting for their country against a foreign invader.

Screw Amerika Inc.!!~

Root for you fellow Americans fighting where the origins of terrorism started with the Taliban and Al Qaeda. You ask a stupid question. I'm all for killing these folks as fast as we can. Kill them all and not keep them in places like Gitmo where our tax dollars are wasted on people urinating and defecating on their American guards. Didn't Obama say Afghanistan was a just war? Sure he did.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The Military Channel presented a documentary about a Marine Captain and his company on patrol in a remote province.  The marines come under fire several times by Afghan fighters who are identified by the Marines as "Taliban."

The Afghan fighters, Taliban or simply Afghan freedom fighters (for want of a better term) are opposed to American invaders who are occupying Afghanistan by force.  In simpler terms, these Afghan men believe they are fighting for their country against a foreign invader.

Screw Amerika Inc.!!~

Root for you fellow Americans fighting where the origins of terrorism started with the Taliban and Al Qaeda. You ask a stupid question. I'm all for killing these folks as fast as we can. Kill them all and not keep them in places like Gitmo where our tax dollars are wasted on people urinating and defecating on their American guards. Didn't Obama say Afghanistan was a just war? Sure he did.

By all means before god let their innocent blood be on your head. You asked for it you got it.

Proverbs 6:
16There are six things which the LORD hates,
           Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

17Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
           And hands that shed innocent blood,

18A heart that devises wicked plans,
           Feet that run rapidly to evil,

19A false witness who utters lies,
           And one who spreads strife among brothers.

20My son, observe the commandment of your father
           And do not forsake the teaching of your mother;

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Root for you fellow Americans

That's what I'm doing.  You on the other hand,   are rooting for a bunch of chickenhearted chickenhawk politicians who are sending your fellow Americans to a needless stupid early death because you've let those chickenhearted chickenhawk politicians brainwash you into doing their bidding for them.  
Just like that fucking idiot Bin Laden was able to brainwash the ones who did his bidding for him.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Screw Amerika Inc.!!~

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

knothead

knothead

I say bring our people HOME . . . . it will be messy and controversial but enough already!

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Screw Amerika Inc.!!~

By all means before god let their innocent blood be on your head. You asked for it you got it.

Proverbs 6:
16There are six things which the LORD hates,
           Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

17Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
           And hands that shed innocent blood,

18A heart that devises wicked plans,
           Feet that run rapidly to evil,

19A false witness who utters lies,
           And one who spreads strife among brothers.

20My son, observe the commandment of your father
           And do not forsake the teaching of your mother;

Your "holier than thou" attitude makes it fun to post things that aggravate you. America's problem is that we've not fought a war like a war in the sense of how we did in WWII. Most of you run around her purporting that was the last "just and righteous war", but you fail to even see how things evolved into our own participation there. Why haven't we fought wars in that manner since then? How about we truly unleash the power of this military and set an example of utter destruction we can bring so that our enemies revile in fear when thinking of doing something against us? That's how it was in August 1945. For far too long, Americans have been more worried about their gas prices and not how our nation has "tied the hands of military leaders" when they were tasked to bring war to other countries and people who have struck at us. Let the generals and admirals do their jobs and you folks deal with the "peace" that can be truly had when we negotiate from a perspective of overwhelming power.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 7/9/2013, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Just quoting from your Bible guess that makes it a lot holier than thou. Get help, murdering innocent people for profit is wrong no matter what your sgt says.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Just quoting from your Bible guess that makes it a lot holier than thou. Get help, murdering innocent people for profit is wrong no matter what your sgt says.

Your quotes are misrepresented in your deciphering of what they mean.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Just quoting from your Bible guess that makes it a lot holier than thou. Get help, murdering innocent people for profit is wrong no matter what your sgt says.

Your quotes are misrepresented in your deciphering of what they mean.

Oh I guess you are splitting hairs as to what is innocent. If it's war there are no innocents. Kill em all was your take. Pure bullshit and god knows it.

“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”

Hemingway

Yella

Yella

knothead wrote:I say bring our people HOME . . . . it will be messy and controversial but enough already!

Exactly so, Knothead, bring them home and use the 7 Billion or so per month we spend over there blowing money and the lives of our soldiers in a war that is making millions for the War Mongers of the Military-Industrial-Complex.
Money that could finance the construction of plants to manufacture solar devices to capture energy for the batteries of the future.

But do you think it will happen? Don't hold your breath waiting.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I always questioned why we were waging war with Afghanistan at all. The Afghans didn't attack us. I felt like the only one...almost every single car had a flag on it. Remember Bush's playing cards? It's now common knowledge that the majority of the supposed hijackers came, not from Afghanistan, but from Saudi Arabia, where the Bin Ladens had a cozy and long-standing relationship with the Bushes. It's also known that members of the Bin Laden family were in the US prior to 9/11 and were allowed to fly out when all other planes were grounded. All at once, Bush, who had suffered from extremely low approval ratings during his first few months in office, rose dramatically in the ratings. He was "keeping the country safe". What utter hogwash. Even if that war was "the good war" (and you'll never convince me of that, so don't try), the "invasion" seemed half-hearted. Fast-forward a little, and we're invading Iraq...never mind that they did nothing to us, nor that the Afghan War was undermanned and underfunded, and even the flak jackets were unsufficient to protect our soldiers...

When I hear, "Kill 'em all", I just think that person is really stupid, or brainwashed, or both. And there's no way anyone invaded our country without help from inside...our defenses were purposely diverted and rendered useless.

Floridatexan wrote:
I always questioned why we were waging war with Afghanistan at all.  The Afghans didn't attack us.  I felt like the only one...almost every single car had a flag on it.  Remember Bush's playing cards?  It's now common knowledge that the majority of the supposed hijackers came, not from Afghanistan, but from Saudi Arabia, where the Bin Ladens had a cozy and long-standing relationship with the Bushes.  It's also known that members of the Bin Laden family were in the US prior to 9/11 and were allowed to fly out when all other planes were grounded.  All at once, Bush, who had suffered from extremely low approval ratings during his first few months in office, rose dramatically in the ratings.  He was "keeping the country safe".  What utter hogwash.  Even if that war was "the good war" (and you'll never convince me of that, so don't try), the "invasion" seemed half-hearted.  Fast-forward a little, and we're invading Iraq...never mind that they did nothing to us, nor that the Afghan War was undermanned and underfunded, and even the flak jackets were unsufficient to protect our soldiers...

When I hear, "Kill 'em all", I just think that person is really stupid, or brainwashed, or both.  And there's no way anyone invaded our country without help from inside...our defenses were purposely diverted and rendered useless.  

Bin Laden's base of operations was in Afghanistan. How soon we forget.Rolling Eyes 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I always questioned why we were waging war with Afghanistan at all.  The Afghans didn't attack us.  I felt like the only one...almost every single car had a flag on it.  Remember Bush's playing cards?  It's now common knowledge that the majority of the supposed hijackers came, not from Afghanistan, but from Saudi Arabia, where the Bin Ladens had a cozy and long-standing relationship with the Bushes.  It's also known that members of the Bin Laden family were in the US prior to 9/11 and were allowed to fly out when all other planes were grounded.  All at once, Bush, who had suffered from extremely low approval ratings during his first few months in office, rose dramatically in the ratings.  He was "keeping the country safe".  What utter hogwash.  Even if that war was "the good war" (and you'll never convince me of that, so don't try), the "invasion" seemed half-hearted.  Fast-forward a little, and we're invading Iraq...never mind that they did nothing to us, nor that the Afghan War was undermanned and underfunded, and even the flak jackets were unsufficient to protect our soldiers...

When I hear, "Kill 'em all", I just think that person is really stupid, or brainwashed, or both.  And there's no way anyone invaded our country without help from inside...our defenses were purposely diverted and rendered useless.  

Bin Laden's base of operations was in Afghanistan. How soon we forget.Rolling Eyes 

Osama Bin Laden was a CIA asset. The US funded the Taliban in the Russian/Afghan War. We have a history of backing the wrong horse...or only backing the horse until the horse rebels.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Osama Bin Laden was a CIA asset.  The US funded the Taliban in the Russian/Afghan War.  We have a history of backing the wrong horse...or only backing the horse until the horse rebels.  

Like Obama did with morsi in Egypt?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Did Obama install Morsi in Egypt. I was unaware of that and think he had basically nothing to do with it. More like intervention by the Saudis and Qatarans. Keep in mind that Morsi was elected, whether or not there were ballot box problems...he was the head of state. I doubt sincerely that Obama was involved at all in his election or in his downfall. Go ahead and show me when that happened.

Markle

Markle

Yella wrote:
knothead wrote:I say bring our people HOME . . . . it will be messy and controversial but enough already!

Exactly so, Knothead, bring them home and use the 7 Billion or so per month we spend over there blowing money and the lives of our soldiers in a war that is making millions for the War Mongers of the Military-Industrial-Complex.
Money that could finance the construction of plants to manufacture solar devices to capture energy for the batteries of the future.

In your opinion the government should build plants to manufacture solar devices and capture energy for the batteries of the future? How is that NOT Socialism and how will government do what private industry has not been able to do?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This was the situation six days ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/world/asia/karzai-frustrated-wants-firm-pledges-from-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And this is the latest development.

http://rt.com/news/afghanistan-pullout-karzai-obama-824/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Yella wrote:

In your opinion the government should build plants to manufacture solar devices and capture energy for the batteries of the future?  How is that NOT Socialism and how will government do what private industry has not been able to do?

Our government has ALWAYS been involved in direct support of innovation. What planet are you from? Go read some Ayn Rand...it's pretty useless but it will give you some historical perspective. Or just go away...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

So what should we do with our collective wealth, Markle? Start more wars? Kill more people? Or just kill them slowly with unregulated pollution and contaminated food? Keep the markets "free" and open so the wealthy can continue to plunder the real economy...money for nothin'...no help for the majority? Legalized theft? You call yourself a conservative, yet the reality is anything but conservatism, and free markets don't exist. It's the rich vs. the not so rich...that's where we are, worldwide.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
So what should we do with our collective wealth, Markle?  Start more wars?  Kill more people?  Or just kill them slowly with unregulated pollution and contaminated food?  Keep the markets "free" and open so the wealthy can continue to plunder the real economy...money for nothin'...no help for the majority?  Legalized theft?  You call yourself a conservative, yet the reality is anything but conservatism, and free markets don't exist.  It's the rich vs. the not so rich...that's where we are, worldwide.

Right just continue the Obama/Bush policies of insanity.

Yella

Yella

Markle wrote:
Yella wrote:

In your opinion the government should build plants to manufacture solar devices and capture energy for the batteries of the future?  How is that NOT Socialism and how will government do what private industry has not been able to do?

Excuse me, God forbid that the government should use tax dollars to make facilities that will put Americans to work and produce a viable product. We should continue invading other countries so we can kill, maim,destroy and then rebuild using tax dollars and also money borrowed from China, I'm sorry. I lost my head there for a moment.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum