Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food Network Cans Paula Deen for Being Awful Person

+8
Markle
Hospital Bob
knothead
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
2seaoat
Sal
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Your making light of racist terms other than the N word diminishes your argument.

I played two years on a basketball team where I was the only white player with 9 black players.   Anybody who does not think racism goes both ways is being silly.   I had to fight tooth and nail to get a damn pass, and it was not based on my playing ability.....it was racial......but the difference was the context.......you completely ignore the context of racism....for years, and the context is power and politics.   It is the Dixiecrats in modern American politics, and that is exactly the argument which is made by that power structure.....we have solved racism......there is equality.......there is racism the other way.......the new folks being treated unfairly are white people.......nope....Paula could be a spokesperson for that movement......when ten fold wasteful subsidies in the farm bill are going to wealthy corporate farms, the cuts are coming to snap.....because black people abuse the same.....there is fraud.....therefore all snap receipients will have benefits cut......yet not a mention of the farm lobby and the fraud on the American people on the agricultural subsidy which is busting our treasury......racial politics are alive and well....and I will call them like I see them....Paula was neutral to me......until I heard her words.......but to equate that this false sense of outrage with the use of the word cracker....well now that I think about.......it is funny to me.
And as long as it's funny to you, you will not get what I'm talking about.  I am not outraged at the term "cracker".  The outrage is at someone being all smug about themselves while calling someone else a racist (in fact, calling all Deen fans "racist"), and then on another thread using a racist term towards another forum member.   I am sorry, but I do not think that I'm the one who is not getting it.  I DO get it.  You just don't preach one thing while doing the exact opposite and then expect people to take you seriously.

2seaoat wrote:Your making light of racist terms other than the N word diminishes your argument.

I played two years on a basketball team where I was the only white player with 9 black players.   Anybody who does not think racism goes both ways is being silly.   I had to fight tooth and nail to get a damn pass, and it was not based on my playing ability.....it was racial......but the difference was the context.......you completely ignore the context of racism....for years, and the context is power and politics.   It is the Dixiecrats in modern American politics, and that is exactly the argument which is made by that power structure.....we have solved racism......there is equality.......there is racism the other way.......the new folks being treated unfairly are white people.......nope....Paula could be a spokesperson for that movement......when ten fold wasteful subsidies in the farm bill are going to wealthy corporate farms, the cuts are coming to snap.....because black people abuse the same.....there is fraud.....therefore all snap receipients will have benefits cut......yet not a mention of the farm lobby and the fraud on the American people on the agricultural subsidy which is busting our treasury......racial politics are alive and well....and I will call them like I see them....Paula was neutral to me......until I heard her words.......but to equate that this false sense of outrage with the use of the word cracker....well now that I think about.......it is funny to me.

Food Network Cans Paula Deen for Being Awful Person - Page 4 Th?id=H.4640519921927109&pid=1

Yes it's always easier to justify a derogatory comment about someone when the person using said term thinks it's funny.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUnqbBgYZmI

Smile

2seaoat

Well this discussion is very timely.  The Supreme Court will be releasing decisions the next two weeks which will deal with the very subject we are discussing.  I am certain over the next two weeks we will be expanding this discussion from Paula to those Supreme Court cases.......stay ready......some interesting decisions are coming.

Nekochan wrote:

And as long as it's funny to you, you will not get what I'm talking about.  I am not outraged at the term "cracker".  The outrage is at someone being all smug about themselves while calling someone else a racist (in fact, calling all Deen fans "racist"), and then on another thread using a racist term towards another forum member.   I am sorry, but I do not think that I'm the one who is not getting it.  I DO get it.  You just don't preach one thing while doing the exact opposite and then expect people to take you seriously.

Seaoat won't even admit he used the "N" word so I don't take him seriously.He knows he did and I know he did. He grew up in Alabama.

2seaoat

Seaoat won't even admit he used the "N" word so I don't take him seriously.He knows he did and I know he did. He grew up in Alabama.

Silly girl.....you are making my Sunday one of smiles......do me a favor....go over to greyhound track and play some poker next week.......just take your intuition and go play some poker.......you seem to think you know everybody's hand at the poker table........you are so easy to manipulate.......at a poker table.....they would send a limo to pick you up........

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat won't even admit he used the "N" word so I don't take him seriously.He knows he did and I know he did. He grew up in Alabama.

Silly girl.....you are making my Sunday one of smiles......do me a favor....go over to greyhound track and play some poker next week.......just take your intuition and go play some poker.......you seem to think you know everybody's hand at the poker table........you are so easy to manipulate.......at a poker table.....they would send a limo to pick you up........

LOL,Seaoat! I have to hand it to you. You try to manipulate but your not always successful, are you? I got your number and I called it.LOL!

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know what words Seaoat used growing up or as a young man.  But I am pretty sure that he's always had plenty to say.  Twisted Evil

2seaoat

But I am pretty sure that he's always had plenty to say.  Food Network Cans Paula Deen for Being Awful Person - Page 4 Icon_twisted

Correctomondo.......argumentative as hell......people wanted to hit me......and actually my scoutmaster did deck me.....got right back up and continued my discussion.....he knew he would have to kill me.......hardwired since a child.

2seaoat wrote:But I am pretty sure that he's always had plenty to say.  Food Network Cans Paula Deen for Being Awful Person - Page 4 Icon_twisted

Correctomondo.......argumentative as hell......people wanted to hit me......and actually my scoutmaster did deck me.....got right back up and continued my discussion.....he knew he would have to kill me.......hardwired since a child.

Couldn't be borderline tendencies,eh?

More allegations!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/23/paula-deen-scandal-continues-employees-tell-rainbow-push-alleged-discrimination_n_3484607.html

"said one current and two former employees told him white employees are routinely paid more than black employees and are promoted more quickly. A black man who had threatened to go to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission said Deen's brother told him "you don't have any civil rights here," Rainbow/PUSH said in a press release.
Rainbow/PUSH said it has "found evidence of systemic racial discimination and harassment" by Deen and that "a family member consistently referred to a black cook as 'my little monkey.'"
Patillo, who conducted interviews in Savannah where Deen's restaurant is located, said current and former employees told him that Deen "preferred white and light-skinned blacks to work with customers" and that darker-skinned blacks were relegated to "back-of-the-house operations."

2seaoat

Couldn't be borderline tendencies,eh?

Now young lady....you should certainly know that folks who get back up after getting knocked down would never be a borderline personality......do you know why?

2seaoat

Deen "preferred white and light-skinned blacks to work with customers" and that darker-skinned blacks were relegated to "back-of-the-house operations."

This conforms with the audio tape I heard when she was making fun of a black person blending in with the blackboard......the lady knows she has a problem, and I hope she finds peace and reconciliation with the beliefs which have been guiding her.....she is a racist from just what I heard, but objectively her work practices will show the truth.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hell I use the word queer all the time.  So what's the big deal about nigger or cracker.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat won't even admit he used the "N" word so I don't take him seriously.He knows he did and I know he did. He grew up in Alabama.

All that and 2seaoat does not deny using a word in common usage until the 60's.

It's okay 2seaoat, it was a commonly used word.

Why is it that it is perfectly fine for blacks to use racist terms to describe others but not the opposite?

2seaoat

Your use of the word is inappropriate.  It is wrong.  My son in fourth grade was listening to rappers use the N word.   We get a call from his teacher that she heard him use the N word on the playground, and asked us if we approved of that word.   We simply said that he loves music and listens to rap, where the word is used commonly..........sorry the rappers use of the N word or your use of the Q word is inappropriate......they get a pass under the stretched concept of artistic license, but really.....we give you a pass because we like you, and your use of self deprecating humor is one of your endearing qualities, but it is just as wrong as T calling Ike a jew who intentionally killed german POWs, or my son saying the N word on the playground......we make excuses for people we like, but sometimes people need to speak up.....quit the stand up routine with the Q word.....it really is counterproductive at this juncture, and still hurtful to people when used with the intent to hurt.......political correctness or simple gentile civility.....I vote for civility.

2seaoat

All that and 2seaoat does not deny using a word in common usage until the 60's.

Not in my mother's home.   She sat us down at a very young age and explained the use of the word by her brother, sister, and father......I never remember my grandmother using the word.......my father never used the word, and certainly I did not use the word........I have only said it repeating what was said to me, or in reference to a geographic reference.......I was an Eagle Scout, and believed what I was taught in church.....De Jure Birmingham prejudice made no sense to me.......the hate I saw when describing why four little girls were blown up.....well it made an impression on a young innocent child.......my mother could have easily had both my brother and I as run of the mill racist.....my brother does use the N word....so she was not entirely successful, but I understood the politics of this issue as a young child.....why are there four bathrooms......why are there two drinking fountains.........one a nice cooler and the other a pipe and bowl piped out of the wall at Kresge store in North Birmingham......I think I am going to call my mother in Arizona and thank her.......she had her faults....but it took courage to do what she did.......She also was the family outcast for being a Republican......when everybody was a democrat........courage is often the little things.

Markle

Markle

It’s NATURAL to discriminate and be prejudiced; almost exclusively we all grew up with people like very much like ourselves. It is natural to trust those people more than people who are not like us. Obviously we also pick up racist attitudes and beliefs from our parents too. We discriminate and use prejudice every day. There is nothing wrong with those feelings. It is what we learn and what is in someone’s heart, and what we DO with those feelings that matters.

If you are curious about yourself, take this test. It is NOT based on questions which you could answer the way you THINK you should. Actually it is fun. You can chose from a number of different tests but they only take about 15 minutes.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test or IAT for short.

WARNING!
It does carry this disclaimer:
I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed.

Project Implicit
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:All that and 2seaoat does not deny using a word in common usage until the 60's.

Not in my mother's home.   She sat us down at a very young age and explained the use of the word by her brother, sister, and father......I never remember my grandmother using the word.......my father never used the word, and certainly I did not use the word........I have only said it repeating what was said to me, or in reference to a geographic reference.......I was an Eagle Scout, and believed what I was taught in church.....De Jure Birmingham prejudice made no sense to me.......the hate I saw when describing why four little girls were blown up.....well it made an impression on a young innocent child.......my mother could have easily had both my brother and I as run of the mill racist.....my brother does use the N word....so she was not entirely successful, but I understood the politics of this issue as a young child.....why are there four bathrooms......why are there two drinking fountains.........one a nice cooler and the other a pipe and bowl piped out of the wall at Kresge store in North Birmingham......I think I am going to call my mother in Arizona and thank her.......she had her faults....but it took courage to do what she did.......She also was the family outcast for being a Republican......when everybody was a democrat........courage is often the little things.

\Food Network Cans Paula Deen for Being Awful Person - Page 4 Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Your use of the word is inappropriate.  It is wrong.  My son in fourth grade was listening to rappers use the N word.   We get a call from his teacher that she heard him use the N word on the playground, and asked us if we approved of that word.   We simply said that he loves music and listens to rap, where the word is used commonly..........sorry the rappers use of the N word or your use of the Q word is inappropriate......they get a pass under the stretched concept of artistic license, but really.....we give you a pass because we like you, and your use of self deprecating humor is one of your endearing qualities, but it is just as wrong as T calling Ike a jew who intentionally killed german POWs, or my son saying the N word on the playground......we make excuses for people we like, but sometimes people need to speak up.....quit the stand up routine with the Q word.....it really is counterproductive at this juncture, and still hurtful to people when used with the intent to hurt.......political correctness or simple gentile civility.....I vote for civility.

You could only compare what I do to what teo does if teo was himself jewish.

As to why I use the word. I've explained this before. I use the word exactly the same way Chris Rock (or whoever) uses the word nigger.
We're both taking ownership of the two words. If we let those words be what you want them to continue to be, then those words belong only to bigots. And when they belong only bigots that's what gives them their power.
When Rock and I use the words it's diluting them and neutralizing them and helping to make them less powerful. Then they begin to be just what they are. Just another fucking word. lol

2seaoat

I tried the test but my computer froze up......I hope you are not giving us virus links......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually I just threw Chris Rock off the top of my head.
The very best at doing what I was describing is Dave Chappelle. Hands down.
But of course he's about half off his rocker. Maybe more than half. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I tried the test but my computer froze up......I hope you are not giving us virus links......

I don't even know how to give people computer viruses. I can barely stop all the viruses from getting me. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

watch this, seaoat. this should explain it.

2seaoat

Then they begin to be just what they are. Just another fucking word. lol

I disagree......20 years ago this may have had some validity.........I think this is not appropriate by Chris Rock......I like Chris Rock, but the word is not just another word.....it has meaning, and it is wrong if you are black and it is wrong if you are a homosexual to use a word which demeans.......when you give a green light to yourself or Chris Rock.....then how do you draw the line.....I agree with Neko on this one......racism cuts both ways.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You replied before you watched Chapelle's brilliance, seaoat.
Stop overthinking this and watch it. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum