Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama Authorizes Sending Weapons to Syrian Rebels

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
gulfbeachbandit
Sal
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/obama-syrian-rebels_n_3438625.html?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=061413&utm_medium=email&utm_content=FeatureTitle

Sal

Sal

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the details of what he is agreeing to do, but I'm not happy about this development.

This is a sectarian conflict and a religious war where we have no allies.

No good can come of this, and no one will thank us for our efforts.

Progressivism is interventional by nature... y'all should familiarize yourselves with samantha powers.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Should have been done in the 1st quarter of the game.  Not after the game went in to overtime.  As usual for him.  Waited too long.  Now al queda is involved with helping the rebels and will most likely have access to the weapons that we send there.

Sal

Sal

The Al Qaeda types have been there from the beginning.

Here's a video of some of the sweethearts we're apparently going to begin arming ...

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/05/13/303319/syria-rebel-cuts-eats-soldiers-heart/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:I'll reserve judgement until I hear the details of what he is agreeing to do, but I'm not happy about this development.

Prepare for blow-back. There are plenty of prosperous countries in the world with much smaller militaries than ours, who don't meddle in the affairs of other nations like we do. One wonders how prosperous America could be if we did not try to maintain and enforce a global empire.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Prepare for blowback.

Forget the cute jingo like "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and all that neocon horseshit.
You just gave the best title for the U.S. foreign policy I've seen yet.

Prepare for Blowback  
 lol

2seaoat

Close to 100k men, women, and children have died in this conflict. I am thinking Bosnia 1995.....there needs to be a United Nations effort to stop these massacres. I do not give a rat's tail about the politics.....this crap has to stop. We need a security counsel resolution on a no fly zone, and I do not care if the dictator survives this for now.....we need a cease fire and a stop to the carnage..........this is Bosnia all over for me, and I do not care what the politics are at this point the United States must use our power not to pour weapons into this cauldron, rather use our power to get a consensus UN resolution of a no fly zone and UN peacekeepers to shut this thing down...........at this point supplying small arms is going to inflame this nations for years to come. Libya had a Nato consensus......Mr. K had brutalized his people, and the world said enough.......the Russians backed the Serbs in 1995, and as we dilly dallied around 8k people were massacred in one town before folks got off their collective asses and put some collective teeth in stopping the conflict and bringing the war criminals to justice. This is beginning to be a huge fail in American foreign policy if we are going to pour small arms into the country without an international consensus............

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/sunday-review/a-golden-age-for-intervention.html?_r=0

2seaoat wrote:Close to 100k men, women, and children have died in this conflict.  I am thinking Bosnia 1995.....there needs to be a United Nations effort to stop these massacres.   I do not give a rat's tail about the politics.....this crap has to stop.    We need a security counsel resolution on a no fly zone, and I do not care if the dictator survives this for now.....we need a cease fire and a stop to the carnage..........this is Bosnia all over for me, and I do not care what the politics are at this point the United States must use our power not to pour weapons into this cauldron, rather use our power to get a consensus UN resolution of a no fly zone and UN peacekeepers to shut this thing down...........at this point supplying small arms is going to inflame this nations for years to come.   Libya had a Nato consensus......Mr. K had brutalized his people, and the world said enough.......the Russians backed the Serbs in 1995, and as we dilly dallied around 8k people were massacred in one town before folks got off their collective asses and put some collective teeth in stopping the conflict and bringing the war criminals to justice.    This is beginning to be a huge fail in American foreign policy if we are going to pour small arms into the country without an international consensus............

===========================================

Are you volunteering to be in the first wave?? I doubt it. It is always the OLD men sending the young off to die without concern of their own. Syria is more of a CLUSTERF___ than Iraq and Astan combined. I thought Obama was a Nobel PEACE prize winner? Guess only on wars he wants to end while starting others. All of the WMDs to include a LOT of nerve agent and other nasty stuff sits in Syria. You won't be there when it all goes down, but you want to check off OK on this for the COWH. LOSER.

Let the UN handle it. This is WHY they were created. We've done enough in that area.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sal wrote:I'll reserve judgement until I hear the details of what he is agreeing to do, but I'm not happy about this development.

Prepare for blow-back. There are plenty of prosperous countries in the world with much smaller militaries than ours, who don't meddle in the affairs of other nations like we do. One wonders how prosperous America could be if we did not try to maintain and enforce a global empire.

You got it! We think we're just superamerica.We're going to get blown off the face of the map for butting in this crap all the time.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Where is your outrage with President Barack Hussein Obama?

As you know, this rebellion has been has been on going for several years. Had President Obama intervened early thousands fewer lives would have been lost and quite possibly we'd be moving toward a peace with a new government.

Months ago President Obama laid down a "red line" which the rest of the world knows was crossed weeks ago. This week President Obama finally proclaimed the line had been crossed. Instead of having a plan as to what to do next, he announced he'd talk it over next week with our allies in Europe.

This is another disaster created by our "LEAD FROM BEHIND" Commander in Chief. This has been happening for several years, the line is crossed weeks ago, the President acknowledges it this week and yet...WE HAVE NO PLAN!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Close to 100k men, women, and children have died in this conflict.  I am thinking Bosnia 1995.....there needs to be a United Nations effort to stop these massacres.   I do not give a rat's tail about the politics.....this crap has to stop.    We need a security counsel resolution on a no fly zone, and I do not care if the dictator survives this for now.....we need a cease fire and a stop to the carnage..........this is Bosnia all over for me, and I do not care what the politics are at this point the United States must use our power not to pour weapons into this cauldron, rather use our power to get a consensus UN resolution of a no fly zone and UN peacekeepers to shut this thing down...........at this point supplying small arms is going to inflame this nations for years to come.   Libya had a Nato consensus......Mr. K had brutalized his people, and the world said enough.......the Russians backed the Serbs in 1995, and as we dilly dallied around 8k people were massacred in one town before folks got off their collective asses and put some collective teeth in stopping the conflict and bringing the war criminals to justice.    This is beginning to be a huge fail in American foreign policy if we are going to pour small arms into the country without an international consensus............

===========================================

Are you volunteering to be in the first wave?? I doubt it. It is always the OLD men sending the young off to die without concern of their own. Syria is more of a CLUSTERF___ than Iraq and Astan combined. I thought Obama was a Nobel PEACE prize winner? Guess only on wars he wants to end while starting others. All of the WMDs to include a LOT of nerve agent and other nasty stuff sits in Syria. You won't be there when it all goes down, but you want to check off OK on this for the COWH. LOSER.

Let the UN handle it. This is WHY they were created. We've done enough in that area.

I hope you get down on your knees each day and than God for the men who are willing and able to do what you and your friends refuse to do for our country.

We are the UN.  Who do you prefer fill the vacuum Russia?  They've already begun taking that action by supplying the Syrian government with weapons.

We see what the "Lead From Behind" doctrine of President Barack Hussein Obama has created.  A total mess.  Al Qaeda is now involved with the revolt so who will be helping, the rebels or Al Qaeda.

Leading from behind, in World events, is fine if you are Norway, Cuba or some other miniscule nation.  But NOT if you are the greatest nation in the World.  In THAT case, you LEAD.  Of course, we don't have one.

To sum up this latest Obama foreign policy failure:

"The Obama administration's policy toward Syria is a failure. Iran, Hezbollah and Russia are funneling more aid, armaments and diplomatic cover to Bashar al-Assad. And Syrian rebels who once hailed the United States now loathe it."

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/02/the-failure-of-obamas-syria-policy/273414/

Maybe he will make some new useless friends during his grotesquely expensive and totally unnecessary vacation to Africa. He sure has made a hash out of the Syria fiasco by not working with other allies in the mideast and having them take the lead but then he hasn't demonstrated any ability to gain a consensus and lead others (witness the failures in Congress). The only thing he has done right thus far is to not involve us in large numbers on the ground. That will probably change from the looks of things.

nochain wrote:To sum up this latest Obama foreign policy failure:

"The Obama administration's policy toward Syria is a failure. Iran, Hezbollah and Russia are funneling more aid, armaments and diplomatic cover to Bashar al-Assad. And Syrian rebels who once hailed the United States now loathe it."

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/02/the-failure-of-obamas-syria-policy/273414/

Maybe he will make some new useless friends during his grotesquely expensive and totally unnecessary vacation to Africa. He sure has made a hash out of the Syria fiasco by not working with other allies in the mideast and having them take the lead but then he hasn't demonstrated any ability to gain a consensus and lead others (witness the failures in Congress). The only thing he has done right thus far is to not involve us in large numbers on the ground. That will probably change from the looks of things.
    With Iran sending troops...Russia sending missles...looks lie Assad is ready to ride this out...There have been 'experts' that have predicted he will remian in power and take down the rebel forces...Now we are going to arm rebels that are reportedly loyal to al qaeda...not sounding good....Turn is over to that bloated  UN organization to handle this mess...put on their powder blue helmets and be 'peacekeepers' with NO US involvement...

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

President Obama Authorizes Sending Weapons to Syrian Rebels 2Q==

You're absolutely right and we should...

1. Bring ALL of our troops home.

2. Secure our borders. Their population problems are their own.

3. Cancel all foreign aid, and any other aid that involves tax US tax dollars to foreign interests, and worry about ourselves.

4. Cancel all trade agreements and do what's best for us.

5. Withdraw most our financial support from the UN and only pay 5% of the cost since our population is only 5% of the world population.

6. Withdraw our embassies from countries where they've been attacked and that countries government looked the other way.

I'm sure I can come up with more if you want.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hmgkPYUuk

Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Damaged Eagle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

President Obama Authorizes Sending Weapons to Syrian Rebels 2Q==

You're absolutely right and we should...

1. Bring ALL of our troops home.

2. Secure our borders. Their population problems are their own.

3. Cancel all foreign aid, and any other aid that involves tax US tax dollars to foreign interests, and worry about ourselves.

4. Cancel all trade agreements and do what's best for us.

5. Withdraw most our financial support from the UN and only pay 5% of the cost since our population is only 5% of the world population.

6. Withdraw our embassies from countries where they've been attacked and that countries government looked the other way.

I'm sure I can come up with more if you want.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hmgkPYUuk

Smile
I can agree with all of the above---Except we have neocons here who want the U.S. to engage in endless wars and conflicts all over the globe. There are otehrs who say the U.S. is doomed if we stop giving money to Israel.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
I can agree with all of the above---Except we have neocons here who want the U.S. to engage in endless wars and conflicts all over the globe. There are otehrs who say the U.S. is doomed if we stop giving money to Israel.

President Obama Authorizes Sending Weapons to Syrian Rebels Z

And your hero Obama is one of them... Let him send his children to war if it's so important to him.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 6/18/2013, 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

If you think it's only neocons that support military intervention then you lack an objective perspective.

Progressives have and even recently shown that they are endowed with a "responsibility to protect".

In fact... the largest conflicts we've entered were by the most progressive presidents. That's reality.

nochain wrote:To sum up this latest Obama foreign policy failure:

You talking about the ....Leading from Behind Plan?.....

President Obama Authorizes Sending Weapons to Syrian Rebels Z

The current COC does seem like a Pierson Puppeteer neocon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson%27s_Puppeteers

"Socially, two notable traits of Puppeteers are their racial/cultural penchant for cowardice and their tendency to congregate in herds."

It's probably a supposedly enlightened progressive liberal thing.

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjBliOS8dHg

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum