Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heat and Refs versus Spurs tonight!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joey Crawford was seen checking into a Miami hotel.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SeaOat, where are you?

2seaoat

SeaOat, where are you?

I was playing golf for the first time in a year after getting the good news. Shot an 84 and the sharks got me for 30 bucks........but no liver pain, and a few joints were sore, and I faded by the 16th hole.....I just turned ABC on and see that Miami has a 19 point lead in the fourth......I am shocked, but I have not seen the calls.....the little bit I have seen showed miller making a three and James making a nice transition basket. I do not think the Spurs are a team who does well when they are down over 15 points.....not that explosive......the Heat can come back from that kind of deficit..........the heat just made another three and it is looking like a blow out.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:SeaOat, where are you?

I was playing golf for the first time in a year after getting the good news. Shot an 84 and the sharks got me for 30 bucks........but no liver pain, and a few joints were sore, and I faded by the 16th hole.....I just turned ABC on and see that Miami has a 19 point lead in the fourth......I am shocked, but I have not seen the calls.....the little bit I have seen showed miller making a three and James making a nice transition basket. I do not think the Spurs are a team who does well when they are down over 15 points.....not that explosive......the Heat can come back from that kind of deficit..........the heat just made another three and it is looking like a blow out.

glad you had a good day and only your wallet hurt.

The Heat took over the 4th quarter....I'm not liking it.

2seaoat

What was the deal with Duncan on the bench.....was he hurt?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Duncan couldn't buy a bucket tonight.

2seaoat

The few minutes I got to watch in the fourth quarter were ref free and great transition play by the heat. James made three great passes to his three point shooters, and his 17 points means nothing when he destroyed the Spurs rotations on the three point shooters. He has a powerful compact passing stroke that college and high school coaches would have a baby if there players were trying some of those passes, but his power on that right side just out of the paint quick powerful pass to the left corner.......that can really destroy a rotation to stop the threes. I did not watch enough of the game to get a feel of what happened, but Miller and Allen on the floor at the same time with James making those passes is going to be a real problem for the Spurs......the Spurs do not have the same accuracy as the Heat.

The little I saw in the fourth was the best I have seen the Heat play in five weeks.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:The little I saw in the fourth was the best I have seen the Heat play in five weeks.

That was some basketball play for the ages! Right, 2seaoat?

2seaoat

That was some basketball play for the ages! Right, 2seaoat?

That was some very good basketball I saw for a good portion of the 4th quarter. The rotations to the threes were impressive. I just have no way of analyzing the game because I went golfing, and really do not share Stern's excitement about the series.......not that talented on either team.....but what I saw in the fourth quarter was as good as it gets......James block of the quick pass into the paint......well even Rodman would compliment him on the strength of his block, and the accuracy of his hand......it is not easy to block a shot when somebody has the angle for a dunk.....that took a tremendous amount of strength, but far more impressive was avoiding the foul with his body. Nope, what I saw was very good basketball, and I simply do not understand Duncan on the bench, unless they were resting him, or he was ice cold, but when he is sitting the collapse on James allows Miller and Allen to have a party.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:That was some basketball play for the ages! Right, 2seaoat?

That was some very good basketball I saw for a good portion of the 4th quarter. The rotations to the threes were impressive. I just have no way of analyzing the game because I went golfing, and really do not share Stern's excitement about the series.......not that talented on either team.....but what I saw in the fourth quarter was as good as it gets......James block of the quick pass into the paint......well even Rodman would compliment him on the strength of his block, and the accuracy of his hand......it is not easy to block a shot when somebody has the angle for a dunk.....that took a tremendous amount of strength, but far more impressive was avoiding the foul with his body. Nope, what I saw was very good basketball, and I simply do not understand Duncan on the bench, unless they were resting him, or he was ice cold, but when he is sitting the collapse on James allows Miller and Allen to have a party.

The first 3 quarters was an even matched game....the Heat stole the show in the 4th quarter.

Joanimaroni wrote: Joey Crawford was seen checking into a Miami hotel.

The NBA has become a joke...when the season ends will be interesting what group of free agents will get together and decide where to play as the next super team...The rumor is that Howard and Paul may be plotting and Atlanta seems willing to be the next Miami....

2seaoat

Here we go again......the Spurs are dominating the Heat and are up 11 points and a series of questionable calls and now the game is tied, and the call that Bosh got fouled on a rebound......he was not touched, and even the announcer which have been instructed not to talk about the refs.......flatly said that should have been a NO call......The Spurs are clearly the better team tonight, but really..........neither one of these teams are that great, but they both have their moments.

2seaoat

Here we go again...the foul called on Duncan should have been reversed...it was an offensive foul.....as the Spurs are dominating the Heat team the calls against the Spurs are getting more absurd.

2seaoat

The refs cannot get in the way of this tidal wave........I just cannot a Michael Jordan lead team after tasting their first championship becoming so complacent.........between the ears is where the problem is......basketball is much more than raw talent....much much more.

2seaoat wrote:Here we go again...the foul called on Duncan should have been reversed...it was an offensive foul.....as the Spurs are dominating the Heat team the calls against the Spurs are getting more absurd.

All along you have been saying that the calls are going in favor of the Heat, Maybe so, but what you just posted just goes to prove what I said about bad calls. If you remember, I said that a good team would persevere and overcome the bad calls against them and it appears that is exactly what the Spurs did last night, by blowing out the Heat by 36 points.

2seaoat

They were lucky that the threes carried them.   The timing of those calls when the Spurs were up by  shortly before the half and the Heat took advantage and had about an eight point swing.......then the Spurs as you said put a couple key baskets and blocks to be up by 6 at half........but it was obvious when the announcers are talking about sequential NO calls.  If you saw the interview with Stern at half, he was an outspoken apologist for James because he knows that in his career the NBA strategy to focus on making stars was what made the league successful, yet the legacy he may leave is skeptical fans and lost viewership............Indiana should be playing the Spurs.......some teams simply cannot overcome preferential calls, and clearly the Spurs played better than the Heat last night, but can they in the end beat the refs......I hope you are right.

2seaoat

James finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds, but missed 11 of his first 13 shots against the excellent defense of Kawhi Leonard, who had 14 points and 12 rebounds.

Hmmmmmm...........where are all those people who wanted to make Michael Jordan comparisons.........I think you would have to start with somebody having the audacity to compare Mr. James to Mr. Duncan.......and Mr. Duncan in my opinion will list higher than Mr. James in all time players........they both have had bad playoff games.........

boards of FL

boards of FL

Slow down now, 2seaoat.  The Heat are still going to win the championship.  No team wins three in a row against the Heat.  The Heat will steal one in San Antonio and then return to Miami with home court advantage.

2seaoat

Could be........I think the injury to Tony Parker is serious.......he did not look good, but do you really think that the heat are a great team.......really?   They certainly could still win this series, but I will bet that even the refs are going to have to be cautious.....the missed calls in the first half after the Spurs had a burst were outrageous........so when you say they will not lose another one, the real question is.....will the refs rescue the Heat?   I think they risk the integrity of the league to rescue them.....the Pacers series used up their nine lives.

2seaoat

Parker probably out for game 4......the refs can now only make half the bad calls to sway the game.....Stern can let out a sigh of relief.

2seaoat wrote:Parker probably out for game 4......the refs can now only make half the bad calls to sway the game.....Stern can let out a sigh of relief.

That's a damn shame.

2seaoat

That's a damn shame.

It gives the heat a chance........he is a great player, but the truth is that the spurs saw their best years a half decade ago.......they are old and tired, but it seems that their bench beat the magnificent three......they too are getting old.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum