Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight there was something remarkable on The O'Reilly Factor. The show will repeat again tonight so I highly recommend that you see it.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Rand Paul spent a long time going after Donald Trump in a way that none of us have ever seen before. It was like the opening salvo in a war with Donald Trump.
I can't wait to get the Trump response to this. I mean this guy insulted Trump worse than Rosie O'Donnell did. And you know what Trump's response to her was. He's still slamming her years later.
It can also be described as the next hard-hitting assault on Trump by Fox News.

But it was also interesting because Bill O'Reilly took the night off and it was Eric Boling who was hosting.
I'm wondering if maybe O'Reilly is balking against Murdoch and doesn't want to be Murdoch's hatchet man on Trump. So he refused to be there when the Paul smackdown was happening.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Of course let's not be naive about all this.
Yes,  I'm convinced Murdoch is sincere with his dislike of Trump and that is one factor in what we're seeing.
But let's be honest.  Murdoch also sees the amazing money making potential of continuing with this Trump vs the Republicans carnival show.  Because right now it's the biggest carnival going.  And Murdoch wants the fireworks to continue as long as he can help make that happen.  So he's not really trying to make Trump go away because that would cost him money.  He's just trying to have more control over Trump.
So far it aint worked.  But this Rand Paul attack is really something we haven't seen until now.  So let's see if this latest Murdoch move works for Murdoch.
I doubt it.  I think Trump now is actually bigger than Fox News.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's Rand Paul's smackdown of Trump. Play the video on this page.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul-trumps-a-fake-conservative-trump-oh-yeah-well-youre-a-spoiled-brat/

2seaoat

I watched Fox all night long.  It was amazing to see people who freely criticized Trump prior and after the debate to clam up.   The word came down and across the board.....nothing.   Rand Paul was the only person to respond, but the truth is that trump was not the only one to go up in the polls.  Cruz and Rubio went up and with trump those three have 47% of the Republican vote.  Paul's bid for the presidency is teetering and he is desperate.  Word has it that Rick Perry is letting staff go and you will see half of these candidates disappear in the next five months before Iowa.  The truth is that Paul has lost his race.  He will not even get his father's low percentages.  He is basically irrelevant.

Sal

Sal

Funny stuff ....

.... Rand Paul claiming that Trump is a fake conservative, and Randy should know because he's from the Tea Party - a fake grassroots movement.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Funny stuff ....

.... Rand Paul claiming that Trump is a fake conservative, and Randy should know because he's from the Tea Party - a fake grassroots movement.

What so many have forgotten is,  the grass roots thing is not what promoted the tea party movement into prominence.
The grass roots movement was floundering until Hannity and Limbaugh and that ilk,  the sycophant mainstream media cheerleaders for the Republican establishment, muscled in to become the spokesmen for it.

And yes I did mean to call it "mainstream" media because that's what it is.
The right-wing media is now just as "mainstream" as anything. It's so ludicrous to keep hear them denying that.

The belief that govt should be able to function on the 3T it takes from the productive is now radical extremism.

That position doesn't happen naturally... it must be swallowed one spoonful at a time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum