Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Spurs dominate the Heat

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/6/2014, 11:49 pm

2seaoat

The Heat are looking old. 24 point win for the Spurs. Mr. James is going to have to announce a move to a new city to cherry pick supporting cast....this show is done.

2The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/7/2014, 10:41 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

The Heat are coasting.  I see no one in the west that can hang in a seven game series.  The Pacers may give them a run for their money if they get home court, but still not likely.  Give the Heat another championship, LeBron another MVP, and LeBron another finals MVP.  

LeBron has already overtaken Jordan in assists this season.  He will overtake Jordan in rebounds next season or the next.  He has long since overtaken Jordan in triple doubles and double doubles (dwarfs Jordan in that).  He will have tied Jordan this season in MVPs unless he gets robbed by Kevin Durant, in which case he'll tie Jordan next season.  He shoots better from the field and from downtown.  Hell, he'd have Jordan on average PPG as well if he was a ball hog like Jordan, but he averages 4-6 less shots per game.  There is no question who the better and more complete basketball player here is.

Plus, you can simply watch the game and with the eye test alone see that these are entirely different beasts. Jordan was a good guard/forward. LeBron is a freak of nature can both play and guard any position.

3The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/7/2014, 10:56 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

In fact, the only thing I see stopping the heat from a 4-peat (or, just winning every year from here on out) would be of Carmello were to go to Chicago and then Rose would stay healthy for a full season.  Outside of that, the Heat will win this year, and the next, and the next...

4The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/7/2014, 12:50 pm

OMG Seaoat has a beomance with Obama and BOF has one with Lebron.

2seaoat

Boards is not paying attention.......the Heat are done. Allen needs a wheelchair, Wade is waddling, and James is good, but not that good. They play a team who can play defense, and they cannot perform.

2seaoat

Mr. James better go to Cleveland and get some young bloods cuz the Heat are done. When a totally limping Bulls team out hustles and out plays a team with a clear talent advantage, you get a three game losing streak. The Bulls have just been jinxed by injury, but what a joy to see a coach getting pros to play like they were in college. Pure pleasure to watch even though Bull fans know they cannot generate enough offense with the loss of Deng and Rose.

7The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/10/2014, 11:32 pm

2seaoat

Good news....the Heat limp past the Wizards to break their three game losing streak....Mr. James scores 23 points.......pattern developing in regard to the same.

8The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/11/2014, 1:55 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

The only pattern developing here is the Heat are slowly moving into first place in the east.  They're coasting.  They're completely fine with defeating the Pacers on the road.  Nevertheless, they are gradually overtaking the Pacers.  Home court advantage in the playoffs means they will coast their way to the finals and be refreshed and awaiting whoever comes out of a grueling western conference playoff bracket.   Even if healthy and refreshed, no one in the west - no one - can hang with the Heat.  The Pacers would win the west if they were over there.

9The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/11/2014, 9:50 pm

2seaoat

I watched Houston this weekend and I think they are the real deal and getting better. I will give you this argument. This year the talent level is much better than the last two years in the NBA. I am seeing 10 high quality teams with ample talent which will make James a much more credible star. However, I am looking for the next Houston/Miami match. I am becoming a NBA junkie again, I love the play of some of these young players.

10The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/12/2014, 11:53 pm

2seaoat

Uh oh Houston......the team for the ages has lost 4 out of the last five games to pretty mediocre teams with the exception of the Spurs. Can the heat win if defenses hold Mr. James to about 20 points.......we will see if this trend continues.....my money is on more losses.

11The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/13/2014, 10:00 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Yawn. LeBron didn't even play 40 minutes and only took 13 shots. He still shot over 50% from the field and had 7 assists and 5 rebounds.

12The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/13/2014, 12:44 pm

2seaoat

By golly you may have something......Michael Jordan's entire career had him playing less than 40 min, I believe around 38 minutes, so he would rest about a quarter of the game, while Mr. James is playing as you pointed out about 40 minutes per game in his career, and when I saw him playing with Cleveland he hardly came out of the game. I think the supporting cast and coaching is wilting in Miami and Mr. James is going to have to play more minutes if the Heat can win the number one seed in the East let alone get by the more talented west. The problem is that teams like Chicago and the Nets are showing the league how to defend James, and that tenacious in your face defense is beginning to show clear signs of weakness in James. I do not know if he can effectively play those 40 plus games he did in Cleveland as his career winds down. I think the petals are falling off the flower.

13The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/13/2014, 1:06 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well you caught me with my pants down here. I was under the impression LeBron was averaging over 41 mins per game. It turns out he has lately averaged around 38 per game, which is inline with what he played against the Nets. You have me on that.

But that still doesn't change the fact that the Heat are coasting and are perfectly fine with playing the Pacers on the road. They are still going three-peat. That I was wrong about LeBron's average minutes doesn't change this.

14The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/13/2014, 1:14 pm

2seaoat

But that still doesn't change the fact that the Heat are coasting and are perfectly fine with playing the Pacers on the road. They are still going three-peat. That I was wrong about LeBron's average minutes doesn't change this.

The great teams have all had the ability to coast and ramp it up when needed. However, few of the great teams will go 1 for 5 in a championship season. It indicates either teams are adjusting their defenses and the Heat coaching staff is not adjusting offensively, or it means that the high talent level of this team three years ago is seriously being challenged by younger talent in the league. I would argue a combination of the two, and that coasting does not adequately explain what is going on. However, the playoffs and what have you done for me lately, make the regular season into spring training for me.

15The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/14/2014, 9:21 pm

2seaoat

Hey Yogi.........looks like Denver is getting into Miami's picnic basket.....down by 10 start of 4th.

16The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/14/2014, 10:16 pm

2seaoat

The heat have lost five out of the last six games, and I personally think this is coaching. The rest of the NBA has watched how the Bulls and Nets have consistently stopped the heat......defense is the secret, and the heat simply look old. What a world.....what a world.....the heat are melting

17The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/15/2014, 9:22 pm

2seaoat

The Heat are coasting.

Coasting to where?

18The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/16/2014, 12:04 am

2seaoat

I think four or five NBA teams now have better records than the team of ages.......am I missing something, or were my predictions dead cinch correct?

Now the second part of the question......if this was the team of ages, why would they not three peat and stay together for more. The rumors are strong that Mr. James is going to Cleveland or LA......clippers, or Lakers. I think James is having a hard time with the defenses being played against the Heat, and I think the role of a coach for a team of the ages has been discounted.......The Heat are simply the Detroit Pistons in historical context, and their time is over.

19The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/19/2014, 1:22 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Yesterday...

The Spurs dominate the Heat Giphy

20The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/19/2014, 7:43 pm

2seaoat

You are joking are you not. The heat beat a short handed bottom dweller cav team by four points, and you cannot see how folks are consistently stopping Mr. James if he plays any winning team who can play defense........the Cavs are 26 and 42 and Deng was out with an ankle, and James did well. ........4 points.....the team of the ages is building a legacy.

21The Spurs dominate the Heat Empty Re: The Spurs dominate the Heat 3/20/2014, 12:31 pm

2seaoat

Uh oh......Boston broke their five game losing streak against a growing weak team the Miami Heat. Lost 6 of the last 8 games......the team of the ages is quickly running out of rope. Old Seaoat called this last year......not hard if one pays attention. First, there are four or five players in the NBA right now who have been playing better than James in the last two months, and the balance of the Heat team is simply old and ineffective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum