Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban

+4
Joanimaroni
Markle
boards of FL
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:24 pm

Nekochan wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Nekochan wrote:You had a kid and you grew up. I guess I see drug use as being something that idiot, impulsive young people do. But you are probably right that I underestimate the percentage of older adults who use pot.

You truly have not been out in the world much, have you? I would bet my left one right now a judge or attorney in Pensacola is lighting one up or snorting a line.

I've been out in the world a little. My friends who are my age don't use illegal drugs and if they ever did, it was when they were young and carefree/unthinking. If any of my friends today do use illegal drugs, they do it strictly in private and they do not advertise it. I realize that is exactly what lawyer and judge drug users do. And I know they are out there. Lawyers, judges, doctors and other professionals....probably more than I realize. Sure, you will find drug users across the board, in every walk of life and occupation. But my experience has also been that most drug users seem to think that "everyone" does it. But everyone doesn't do it.

The biggest drug problem in America is indexed to legal drugs.

Always will be.

52Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:39 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Don't act like you've never smoked a doobie, Neko!

53Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:49 pm

The point of progressive govt solutions is that sooner or later the solutions w be directed at you.

It amazes me when people justify controlling other people... you've missed the entire principle of liberty... and this country.

54Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:51 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:Don't act like you've never smoked a doobie, Neko!

Boards, I have never smoked ANYthing. Not once. It's not because I was goody-goody, I just never had an interest in smoking anything. I don't why. Still don't have an interest in smoking anything. But if I was in constant pain and regular prescription medicine didn't help me and I thought that smoking pot would help, I'd try it. Not that I think most "medicinal" marijuana is actually used for pain relief, because I really doubt that. But I would try it under certain conditions.

Now one of Eric's margaritas--I could probably not resist. But I'd drink one and I'd stop at that. OK, maybe two, depending on the size. But that would be the very top of my limit.
Smile

55Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:53 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:The point of progressive govt solutions is that sooner or later the solutions w be directed at you.

It amazes me when people justify controlling other people... you've missed the entire principle of liberty... and this country.

Mostly--I just don't want kids smoking the stuff. Not that this law will stop that. People who smoke pot will still smoke it.

56Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:58 pm

Nekochan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The point of progressive govt solutions is that sooner or later the solutions w be directed at you.

Mostly--I just don't want kids smoking the stuff. Not that this law will stop that. People who smoke pot will still smoke it.

True that.

Has your daughter ever smoked weed, or if she did, would she hide it from you...?

My nieces and nephews sure hid it from me.

57Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:04 pm

One day I was building my Garage, it was cold and I was drinking beer with some friends. I threw a empty beer can in to the fire barrel. My son was a little over 2 years old, he threw his soda can in the barrel. Every one laughed. "Look!! He is going to be just like his Dad" It really bothered me. They were right. I did not quit drinking right then but the seed had been planted and I quit a few months later, 31 years ago.
I told both my children "Do what you have to do, but this stuff can bite you in the ass." I think they believed me.

I know they have both drank and smoked weed and maybe worse. But one of the proudest days in my life was when I over heard some of my sons friends talking about going out partying. He said " Let Tony drive, he doent drink"

58Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:08 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:One day I was building my Garage, it was cold and I was drinking beer with some friends. I threw a empty beer can in to the fire barrel. My son was a little over 2 years old, he threw his soda can in the barrel. Every one laughed. "Look!! He is going to be just like his Dad" It really bothered me. They were right. I did not quit drinking right then but the seed had been planted and I quit a few months later, 31 years ago.
I told both my children "Do what you have to do, but this stuff can bite you in the ass." I think they believed me.

I know they have both drank and smoked weed and maybe worse. But one of the proudest days in my life was when I over heard some of my sons friends talking about going out partying. He said " Let Tony drive, he doent drink"

Having kids really opens your eyes about some things, doesn't it? You have every right to be a proud papa and grandpapa.

59Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KUDZU wrote:
Bongs from any source are for folk with a lack of creativity and more money than they should possess. If they weren't so high and stupid, they'd save the coin for the product they wish to smoke.

That made me spit out my crown royal. Especially this: "If they weren't so high and stupid"

lol

60Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:16 pm

But on his way way back back home from El Paso, where he was discharged from the Army. He got busted In Dinkville Texas with 2 joints. Cost close to a 1,000 dollars and 2 days in Jail.. Plus I had to go get him and make sure all the loose legal ends were in place. We all went to school on that deal. LOL

61Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:One day I was building my Garage, it was cold and I was drinking beer with some friends. I threw a empty beer can in to the fire barrel. My son was a little over 2 years old, he threw his soda can in the barrel. Every one laughed. "Look!! He is going to be just like his Dad" It really bothered me. They were right. I did not quit drinking right then but the seed had been planted and I quit a few months later, 31 years ago.

Amen

And I say that as someone who still commits this sin to a small degree.
Not often, but I'm still doing it.
Now I know what it must be like to be sitting in that booth and be confessing to the priest.

62Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:22 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:But on his way way back back home from El Paso, where he was discharged from the Army. He got busted In Dinkville Texas with 2 joints. Cost close to a 1,000 dollars and 2 days in Jail.. Plus I had to go get him and make sure all the loose legal ends were in place. We all went to school on that deal. LOL

More all of the time I realize that sometimes things happen....like maybe your son getting busted in Texas....for a reason. Who knows what good came out of that experience he went through during those 2 days. I am sure he wasn't thinking that way at the time.

But then some damn things I will never understand.

63Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:22 pm

Bob wrote:
KUDZU wrote:
Bongs from any source are for folk with a lack of creativity and more money than they should possess. If they weren't so high and stupid, they'd save the coin for the product they wish to smoke.

That made me spit out my crown royal. Especially this: "If they weren't so high and stupid"

lol

Thanx Bob....Smile

Hell, I knew a dude who used to make pipes out of pecan and hickory from those bags you can buy for smoking meat. He used bamboo for the stem....LOL

64Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 3 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 7:25 pm

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:But on his way way back back home from El Paso, where he was discharged from the Army. He got busted In Dinkville Texas with 2 joints. Cost close to a 1,000 dollars and 2 days in Jail.. Plus I had to go get him and make sure all the loose legal ends were in place. We all went to school on that deal. LOL

Texas...? He's lucky he's not a colored fellow, brown or black.

He'd still be in jail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum