Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban

+4
Joanimaroni
Markle
boards of FL
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 4:33 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Good point. Navigating to a website and placing an order that will ultimately be delivered to your front door is much less convenient than getting in your car and driving somewhere to make a purchase. This is probably why they charge you extra if you want to pick your pizza up at the store, but provide delivery for free. This is also why Best Buy is killing it and no one buys electronics online. I get it now.

Plus the variety you have to choose from is a lot greater. The price is better. Shipping is free with amazon. And you don't have to give that picklehead rick scott and the rest of those government crooks any sales tax money. Well at least not yet but ole rick is gonna see that we do before it's over.

27Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 4:35 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:And if you order something, then it has to be delivered to a house. And mommy might be home.

If you're living at home with mommy, a bong is probably not your best bet.

They're smelly and hard to conceal.

I'm getting an education on bongs. Thanks. Wink
Really, I had in mind mostly younger people buying them. And hiding them under their bed or whatever.
For the old hippies, they'll just have to order online now.

I think you're overestimating the number of teenage marijuana users.

75% of marijuana users are 25 or older.

I probably am.

28Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 4:37 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Let's go back a minute--what pizza place charges extra for pick up? I have never seen that.

That object sailing over your head is sarcasm.

Wink

I know he was being sarcastic. Boards is an expert at that. I just don't get the pizza analogy.

29Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 4:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Before we ever ban smoking utensils I think we should ban crooks like picklehead from holding public office who have admitted to being responsible for the biggest medicare fraud in U.S. history. Give me a pot smoker over that any day.

30Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 4:40 pm

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I don't know why anyone would pay the astronomical prices for pipes in head shops. Not when all you need do is take a plastic bottle and screw a bowl onto it.
Ever looked at Rick Scott's eyes? He's gotta be high on something.
Rick Scott probably took a nice little payoff.
Oh,no! No more bongs? We gotta smoke joints.
Who needs a bong anyway? They get filthy and stink. They 're expensive and as you say all you need is a little plastic bottle and a small bowl.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

31Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 4:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Only in America can someone admit he's "responsible" for the theft of $1.7 billion from the government and end up being elected the governor of a state.
I guess it was because the only other option was to vote for that democrat woman running against him who was damn near retarded.
That's when I decided to stop voting in the state elections. The whole thing is nothing but a sham.

32Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:11 pm

Bob wrote:I don't know why anyone would pay the astronomical prices for pipes in head shops. Not when all you need do is take a plastic bottle and screw a bowl onto it.
Ever looked at Rick Scott's eyes? He's gotta be high on something.

Bongs from any source are for folk with a lack of creativity and more money than they should possess. If they weren't so high and stupid, they'd save the coin for the product they wish to smoke.

Like Z-man, I was involved in some busts in enlisted barracks. It was always a surprise to see what they used to make one. We had a display case back at the Squadron HQ with all of those smoking delivery systems.

Banning bong sales will definitely stop pot smokers from ever getting high again.

33Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:13 pm

Sal

Sal

A toilet paper or paper towel roll will work in a pinch.

34Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:14 pm

Sal wrote:A toilet paper or paper towel roll will work in a pinch.

LOL. Dooder pipes...?

35Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:16 pm

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I doubt it matters to most people except drug users.

Why would it matter to drug users? They will just buy this stuff online. It matters to the Florida businesses that sell the stuff.

OK then, I don't think most people care about the businesses that sell the stuff.
But if you have to order it, then you have to have a credit card and you have to wait for it to come in the mail or by UPS.

Wrong. I've never purchased anything on the interweb tubes w/ a credit card, and I've done a ton of bid'ness with eBay etc.

Money Orders are gladly accepted.

36Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:17 pm

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Sal wrote:They've got nothing better to do?

Seriously??

Stores selling certain hardware typically used for smoking marijuana have until July 1 to unload those items, reports the News Service of Florida.

Among about a dozen bills signed Wednesday by Gov. Rick Scott was the “bong ban” bill (HB 49), which prohibits the sale of metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic smoking pipes, chillums or bongs. The bill allowed pipes to continue to be sold that are primarily made of briar, meerschaum, clay or corn cob, which are typically used to smoke tobacco.

The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Darryl Rouson has said the bill wouldn’t eradicate pot smoking, but “we’re going to stop making it convenient.”

Because there's nothing quite as convenient as a giant water bong.

The original bill also included a surtax on the sale of paraphernalia, a provision that went up in smoke in the no-tax Legislature.

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/scott-signs-rousons-bong-ban-into-law

People in Florida will still continue to spend money on these accessories, only after July 1st that money will go to an online supplier rather than a Florida business. Brilliant!

What reputable businesses sell bongs?

I guess it depends on how you define "reputable". Most tattoo shops or smoke shops sell many of the products that are being banned. I even see them at gas stations from time to time.

I think I have seen them in Spencer's also.

37Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:21 pm

Nekochan wrote:I doubt it matters to most people except drug users.
t

It wouldn't matter to me even if I still smoked it. I used regular pipes, papers and a few time for what we called a fat rat back then we'd use a newspaper, so it does nothing to ban them, just lose's revenue's like other's have said.

38Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:24 pm

Sal

Sal

I was always partial to the dugouts with the brass pipe.

Like this one ...

Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 394

39Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:25 pm

When I think of all the petty shit local, state and federal governments pass legislation on and then about the things that really matter, you know this country is really fucked.

40Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:40 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:I was always partial to the dugouts with the brass pipe.

Like this one ...

Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 394

I never liked those. They always clogged.

41Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:42 pm

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:

I never liked those. They always clogged.

Well, you gotta keep it clean.

Sheesh.

42Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:47 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well just like I thought...only the drug users care.

43Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:50 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Well just like I thought...only the drug users care.

It's just nostalgia for me, Neko.

I quit a long time ago.

I have a 13-year-old, and I discovered early on that smoking pot and raising kids isn't a good mix.

We'd be coloring in his coloring books, and I'd get waaaay too engrossed in it.

lmao

44Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:52 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

You had a kid and you grew up. I guess I see drug use as being something that idiot, impulsive young people do. But you are probably right that I underestimate the percentage of older adults who use pot.

45Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:56 pm

Nekochan wrote:You had a kid and you grew up. I guess I see drug use as being something that idiot, impulsive young people do. But you are probably right that I underestimate the percentage of older adults who use pot.

You truly have not been out in the world much, have you? I would bet my left one right now a judge or attorney in Pensacola is lighting one up or snorting a line.

46Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:57 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:You had a kid and you grew up. I guess I see drug use as being something that idiot, impulsive young people do. But you are probably right that I underestimate the percentage of older adults who use pot.

I suppose it depends upon the drug. I think most people do or have at some point in their lives smoke pot.

47Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 5:58 pm

Sal

Sal

Nah.

I had a kid and found it wasn't conducive to raising children.

I'll prolly start smoking again when he moves away.

Smoking pot is completely innocuous and in many ways therapeutic for adults.

48Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:05 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

doubtingthomas wrote:

You truly have not been out in the world much, have you? I would bet my left one right now a judge or attorney in Pensacola is lighting one up or snorting a line.

I've been out in the world a little. My friends who are my age don't use illegal drugs and if they ever did, it was when they were young and carefree/unthinking. If any of my friends today do use illegal drugs, they do it strictly in private and they do not advertise it. I realize that is exactly what lawyer and judge drug users do. And I know they are out there. Lawyers, judges, doctors and other professionals....probably more than I realize. Sure, you will find drug users across the board, in every walk of life and occupation. But my experience has also been that most drug users seem to think that "everyone" does it. But everyone doesn't do it.

49Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:06 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:

Nah.

I had a kid and found it wasn't conducive to raising children.

I'll prolly start smoking again when he moves away.

Smoking pot is completely innocuous and in many ways therapeutic for adults.

But you don't want your son knowing you do it? I am just curious.
There are people who think nothing of getting drunk in front of their kids, and that's wrong too. But is it the illegal factor that keeps you from doing it while your son is still in your house or what?

50Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Rick Scott Signs Bong Ban 6/7/2013, 6:18 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I was curious about illegal drug use percentages, so I Googled a little. Of course, this is assuming those surveyed are honest. The overall percentage is pretty low, if this can be believed. And that's a big IF, I know.

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/drugs/a/nsduh_drugs.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum