Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola airport receives $11 million grant

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The $11 million would come with a cost. It requires the city offer a 50 percent match on any amount spent. So, if the the city uses $5 million of the grant money for an expansion project, it too must spend $5 million.

The city’s budget has been squeezed in recent years and will likely remain tight in the foreseeable future because of declining property values, employee pension expenses and long-term debt on the Community Maritime Park and the relocation of ECUA’s former wastewater treatment plan on Main Street.

Yep No problems here. Not a dime of tax payers money, remember that? I thought the CMPA was self sufficient and would make the City money? Am I missing something?

Pensacola International Airport

Perfect example of the "downside" of the new Pensacola slogan, An International airport that has no International flights!

Pensacola airport receives $11 million grant Ce0cf010

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:The $11 million would come with a cost. It requires the city offer a 50 percent match on any amount spent. So, if the the city uses $5 million of the grant money for an expansion project, it too must spend $5 million.

The city’s budget has been squeezed in recent years and will likely remain tight in the foreseeable future because of declining property values, employee pension expenses and long-term debt on the Community Maritime Park and the relocation of ECUA’s former wastewater treatment plan on Main Street.

Yep No problems here. Not a dime of tax payers money, remember that? I thought the CMPA was self sufficient and would make the City money? Am I missing something?

Dammit Quint....!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum