Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Groups Targeted by I.R.S. Tested Rules on Politics

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaa....??

No way. Those folk would never lie about their intent to raise funds. They're pseudo-conservatives. However could this happen...?

Groups Targeted by I.R.S. Tested Rules on Politics...

When CVFC, a conservative veterans’ group in California, applied for tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service, its biggest expenditure that year was several thousand dollars in radio ads backing a Republican candidate for Congress.

The Wetumpka Tea Party, from Alabama, sponsored training for a get-out-the-vote initiative dedicated to the “defeat of President Barack Obama” while the I.R.S. was weighing its application.

And the head of the Ohio Liberty Coalition, whose application languished with the I.R.S. for more than two years, sent out e-mails to members about Mitt Romney campaign events and organized members to distribute Mr. Romney’s presidential campaign literature.

Representatives of these organizations have cried foul in recent weeks about their treatment by the I.R.S., saying they were among dozens of conservative groups unfairly targeted by the agency, harassed with inappropriate questionnaires and put off for months or years as the agency delayed decisions on their applications.

But a close examination of these groups and others reveals an array of election activities that tax experts and former I.R.S. officials said would provide a legitimate basis for flagging them for closer review.

“Money is not the only thing that matters,” said Donald B. Tobin, a former lawyer with the Justice Department’s tax division who is a law professor at Ohio State University. “While some of the I.R.S. questions may have been overbroad, you can look at some of these groups and understand why these questions were being asked.”

The stakes are high for both the I.R.S. and lawmakers in Congress, whose election fortunes next year will hinge in no small part on a flood of political spending by such advocacy groups. They are often favored by strategists and donors not for the tax benefits — they typically not do have significant income subject to tax — but because they do not have to reveal their donors, allowing them to pour hundreds of millions of dollars into elections without disclosing where the money came from.

The I.R.S. is already separately reviewing roughly 300 tax-exempt groups that may have engaged in improper campaign activity in past years, according to agency planning documents. Some election lawyers said they believed a wave of lawsuits against the I.R.S. and intensifying Congressional criticism of its handling of applications were intended in part to derail those audits, giving political nonprofit organizations a freer hand during the 2014 campaign.

After the tax agency was denounced in recent weeks by President Obama, lawmakers and critics for what they described as improper scrutiny of at least 100 groups seeking I.R.S. recognition, The New York Times examined more than a dozen of the organizations, most of them organized as 501(c)(4) “social welfare” groups under the tax code, or in some cases as 501(c)(3) charities. None ran major election advertising campaigns, according to the Campaign Media Analysis Group, the main activity of a small number of big-spending tax-exempt groups that emerged as major players in the 2010 and 2012 elections.

But some organized volunteers, distributed pamphlets and held rallies leading up to the 2010 elections or the 2012 presidential election, as conservatives fought to turn out Mr. Obama. ..................

The rest is here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/us/politics/nonprofit-applicants-chafing-at-irs-tested-political-limits.html?hp&_r=3&

Boy howdy them social services we provide is real hard to pay fer seppin' we ax you fer money, and I think the IRS should be a mindin' their own damn bidnes.....like collectin' back taxes from them colored folk who pick or salad fixin's.

BUT NOOOOO....!!! They gotta go meddlin' around hair-assin' us cause we's patriotically activatin' and stuff. Hell. Me and Jeb was crankin' out license plates in my garage, fer the patriotic movemit acourse, when them carpetbaggin commies come to the door a bangin' and it scared April May June (she's my youngest) so bad she went all laborin and dropped that baby right there in front of them fellers. She was a screamin' DADDY, DADDY so I come a runnin' so quick I plumb fergot my scatter gun. It was awful, just awful, I tell ya what.

Anyhow, after I showed em my homeaded driver licents, they just scratched they head and left....said they'd be in touch again someday.

Hell....don't matter nohow cause that mud feller stole the 'lection. I'll be danged if'n my grandaddy didn't roll in his grave and cry out to his kin.

They say he's only half a field hand, but in my book that's about 51% too much fer me to swaller.

Now ya'll GIT ba-fer I send Caleb to git his cousins.

Ya been warned fit an proper like.....

Really.....????????

No rebuttals or personal attacks from the neo-con wingnut faction.

None of that More Will Be Revealed After We Impeach The Colored Guy from the diehard mouth breathers...?

Well, I guess the truth ain't as sexy as it used to be.

SOSDD from the forum poser. Yawn.....

nochain wrote:SOSDD from the forum poser. Yawn.....

SOSDD from the forum blowhard neocon who has no answer so he posts yet another personal attack which I will gladly break off at the joint and shove up your ass.

When you have nothing to say, you still chase the frisbee.

good boy....

Now, if I can teach you to stop licking your balls in front of everyone, we'll call it a good day, right boy...?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Didn't poster Markle say the other day that this was but one of five major scandals surrounding the Obama Administration?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

VectorMan

VectorMan

Good idea using a liberal rag like the New York Times to make a slanted point. LOL

If this were a republican administration you progressive liberals would be talking out the other side of your two faces.

VectorMan wrote:Good idea using a liberal rag like the New York Times to make a slanted point. LOL

If this were a republican administration you progressive liberals would be talking out the other side of your two faces.

Shouldn't you be out at the beach cleaning up after your guests instead of puking nonsense into this space...?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yep, that's what I thought...too much scrutiny, and he who screams the loudest is the most guilty.

There's another aspect...the head of the IRS was a Bush appoiintee. Why was he allowing this loophole? According to what I've seen, the actual statute does not read this way, so it would have been a judgement call on his part to let these groups to have political activity...up to 49%. That's NOT public service.

why do you hate America?

VectorMan

VectorMan

‘TEA PARTY DESERVES IT!’: PEOPLE ACTUALLY SIGN CARD THANKING IRS FOR TARGETING CONSERVATIVE GROUPS

It is now clear that the IRS knowingly targeted conservative groups, turning the tax agency into a political weapon. Multiple investigations into the government wrongdoing are expected to begin by the time lawmakers return to session next week.

While most people, both on the left and right, are understandably outraged by the abuse of power, others are not. In fact, some people — hopefully the small minority — are actually thankful.

Conservative pundit Caleb Bonham traveled to Colorado University in Boulder and asked several people to sign a “thank you” card to thank the IRS for unfairly targeting conservative groups. The giant poster board read: “Thank You IRS! Tea Party Deserves It!”

One guy said the whole thing was just a “fake scandal” and it makes sense that the IRS would specifically target conservative tax-exempt organizations.

“I think it’s pretty rad,” another guy says in the video.

A woman agreed to sign the thank you card because the IRS did the “right thing and the wrong thing at the same time.”

Judging from the video footage, Bonham was able to get a surprising amount of people to sign the thank you card.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/28/the-tea-party-deserves-it-people-actually-sign-card-thanking-irs-for-targeting-conservative-groups/

What the hell do they teach these college students? They're almost as smart as a box of rocks!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

gulfbitchbanded wrote:why do you hate America?

What I want to know is why retired Navy Chiefs are hated so much in Pensacola?

Someone even started a forum thread on this subject:

'I Hate Retired Navy Chiefs'
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pensacola-fl/T8EA4NSBVNPQ6LTS6

Some pretty telling comments on that thread......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

GET US OUT OF THE UN NOW

Last edited by Agenda 21 on 5/28/2013, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

LOL! GBB was on that thread too threatening them. They are a special breed of idiots those chiefs.

I just found this thread after I started another one on the same topic. The real crime here was that the Tea Party was trying to cheat the IRS. Cheating the IRS affects all American taxpayers, and they should all be angry about it. The Tea Party is obviously not a social welfare organization. If the IRS wants them to prove they aren't lying and targets them, then bully for the IRS.

bluemoon wrote:I just found this thread after I started another one on the same topic. The real crime here was that the Tea Party was trying to cheat the IRS. Cheating the IRS affects all American taxpayers, and they should all be angry about it. The Tea Party is obviously not a social welfare organization. If the IRS wants them to prove they aren't lying and targets them, then bully for the IRS.

BRAVO...!!!!

Occam's Razor rules.

VectorMan

VectorMan

bluemoon wrote:I just found this thread after I started another one on the same topic. The real crime here was that the Tea Party was trying to cheat the IRS. Cheating the IRS affects all American taxpayers, and they should all be angry about it. The Tea Party is obviously not a social welfare organization. If the IRS wants them to prove they aren't lying and targets them, then bully for the IRS.

Google "Media Matters" and give us your take on that tax exempt organization. What "social welfare" do you think they provide?

Do you have a link or anything to prove the TEA Party was trying to cheat the IRS?

VectorMan wrote:

Google "Media Matters" and give us your take on that tax exempt organization. What "social welfare" do you think they provide?

Do you have a link or anything to prove the TEA Party was trying to cheat the IRS?

Are you saying they (MM) pay no taxes...? Better yet, are you denying that their activities are somehow different from issue advocacy sites you're defending...?

I don't go to MM for a variety of reasons, and I never use them as a source for something I've posted.

Do YOU have a link to any stories that say ANY liberal groups are trying to cheat the IRS...?

Please share those hen's teeth with the rest of us.

VectorMan wrote:

I don't need a link to prove the Tea Party was trying to cheat the IRS. I'll just challenge you back, to show proof that they are a social welfare organization and not a purely political one. I'm not worried about you being able to prove such a thing because you can't. It isn't true and you know it.
If they are not a social welfare organization and are applying for that status on an IRS form, they are lying and trying to cheat the IRS.

The subject isn't Media Matters. Spinning is proof of no compelling answer to a question.

[quote="A Guest"]
VectorMan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:]

Do YOU have a link to any stories that say ANY liberal groups are trying to cheat the IRS...?

Please share those hen's teeth with the rest of us.

Here is but one example. Care for a heaping, steaming chunk of crow meat to go with your side hens teeth?

Illegal Obama Foundation Fast-tracked
An organization run by the president’s half brother Abon’go “Roy’ Malik Obama received preferential treatment despite questions about its legitimacy and how it was run.
The National Legal and Policy Center filed a complaint with the IRS after it was discovered that the Barack H. Obama Foundation was soliciting tax-deductible contributions despite the fact it had not bothered to file for an IRS determination, according to the Daily Caller.
The foundation was granted retroactive tax exemption dating back to 2008 following an expedited application and approval process. Lois Lerner, a senior IRS official, signed the group’s approval even though it was in violation of the law. Under federal law, it is illegal to operate for longer than 27 months and solicit tax-deductible contributions without an IRS determination.

bluemoon wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

I don't need a link to prove the Tea Party was trying to cheat the IRS. I'll just challenge you back, to show proof that they are a social welfare organization and not a purely political one. I'm not worried about you being able to prove such a thing because you can't. It isn't true and you know it.
If they are not a social welfare organization and are applying for that status on an IRS form, they are lying and trying to cheat the IRS.

The subject isn't Media Matters. Spinning is proof of no compelling answer to a question.

Media matters certainly is the subject... it's in the same classification. George Soros is every bit the opposite equal to the tea party. His network of activism is probably greater as a matter of fact. Also see truthout.org and the numerous others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum