Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TORNADO dwarfed the Hiroshima bomb...600X more powerful

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA6DRKTO2

Wind, humidity and rainfall combined precisely to create the massive killer tornado in Moore, Okla. And when they did, the awesome amount of energy released over that city dwarfed the power of the atomic bomb that leveled Hiroshima.

Meteorologists contacted by The Associated Press used real time measurements to calculate the energy released during the storm's life span of almost an hour. Their estimates ranged from 8 times to more than 600 times the power of the Hiroshima bomb.

Scientists know the key ingredients that go into a devastating tornado. But they are struggling to figure out why they develop in some big storms and not others. They also are still trying to determine what effects, if any, global warming has on tornadoes.

The tornado might also have 600x less radiation,

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

These days whenever there is an extreme weather event, be it this tornado or Hurricane Sandy, we will have a tendency to speculate about climate change being a factor.

But when this happened there wasn't any talk about climate change...

The Super Outbreak is the second largest tornado outbreak on record for a single 24-hour period, just behind the April 25–28, 2011 tornado outbreak. It was also the most violent tornado outbreak ever recorded, with 30 F4/F5 tornadoes reported. From April 3 to April 4, 1974, there were 148 tornadoes confirmed in 13 US states, including Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and New York; and the Canadian province of Ontario. It extensively damaged approximately 900 square miles (2,330 square kilometers) along a total combined path length of 2,600 miles (4,200 km).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Outbreak

I have no idea if there is any relationship between this or any other tornado and climate change, but the fact that the tornado happened is not any evidence of that. Just speculation. And it really doesn't matter that Al Gore says it is or that Rush Limbaugh says it isn't. That's just worthless tripe.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Radioactivity isn't so bad. We get dosed everyday by the sun. There is radiation all around us. I worked with it in one form or another since 1967 and I am still here. I have gotten it on me and believe me its not easy to wash it off. Remember the important thing is not to ingest it. That is where it does you in. Besides a tornado can rip your head off and throw it a couple miles. Radiation usually takes at least 3 days to put you down in the ground.

2seaoat

Besides a tornado can rip your head off and throw it a couple miles.

Gee....thanks T.....I needed that description.

Jake92

The average person gets more radiation on the beach than the nukes working on the reactors on ships, submarines, and power plants.. A typical sailor on a nuke submarine who is NOT working in the reactor area can have ZERO radiation during a 105 day patrol.. I did 2 patrols with zero and 1 with 00.003 rem.. At that time, I was allowed 00.050 which is 100 times less than the amount that nuke workers are allowed before they must leave the radiation area. They were allowed 00.050 before getting permission from the CO to exceed that limit up to 00.500 with a max of 05.000/yr.. The numbers have probably changed since I retired in 91.....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote: Besides a tornado can rip your head off and throw it a couple miles.

Gee....thanks T.....I needed that description.

some have even had their hamburger ripped from their hands...
http://www.bofunk.com/video/12075/tornado_steals_mans_hamburger.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum