Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have never seen vehicle damaged like the OK tornado

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Watching Morning Joe, I saw vehicles which were shredded. I have never seen this damage in a tornado, perhaps a hurricane or tsunami with wave action.....but pure wind......it was incredible.

Peoples lives were saved by technology. First the helicopters and news media. Second, improved radar and early warning. People are alive because they could get out of the way.....but what if this tornado had gone through at 1am?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that pile of shredded cars pushed up against the medical center. It reminded me of the boats piled up in marinas after Ivan. This tornado's wind had the power water does in a hurricane. And in some cases the tornado wind has effects which cannot be matched by the water in a hurricane. Like when you see long pieces of heavy gauge metal wrapped around and around a telephone pole. Not even the hurricane water can do that.

2seaoat

I am thinking these storms are just getting more powerful, and where is the science without politics to measure objectively this storm activity. I have never seen wind do the things it did to vehicles and trucks.....never.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nature is boss and we just better get out of the way...it's been a long easy spell but all that geoengineering is paying off...chemtrails for better storms...

Ya... Earth is a dangerous place... We should leave.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Ya... Earth is a dangerous place... We should leave.

BAHAHAHA !

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have never seen vehicle damaged like the OK tornado S_m34_24517060

More amazing photos on this page...

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/05/photos-of-tornado-damage-in-moore-oklahoma/100518/

2seaoat

Simply incredible.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have never seen vehicle damaged like the OK tornado S_m27_25297909

2seaoat

I saw homestead after the hurricane.....I have seen that photo many times, what I have never seen is steel vehicle damage this massive.....simply incredible........

bizguy

I lived in Huntsville when the F4 hit in November of 1989 and I remember cars being twisted and shredded as if they were made of aluminum foil. The strangest thing I remember seeing is pine needles embedded in a wooden front door.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well cars today ain't much more than aluminum foil....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: what I have never seen is steel vehicle damage this massive.....

from a different tornado

I have never seen vehicle damaged like the OK tornado Moore_Oklahoma_Tornado_Damage

2seaoat

Bob,
That looks like west Texas to me......the vehicle before the tornado probably was not much different, except the six pack on the dash is missing. The vehicle in OK were late model vehicles which were unrecognizable as to model and year.....never seen anything like it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum