Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why U.S. Electric Vehicle Sales Are Booming

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/why-us-electric-vehicle-sales-are-booming/24770?tag=nl.e660&s_cid=e660&ttag=e660&ftag=TRE4eb29b5

Sales of plug-in hybrids are eclipsing the sales of standard hybrids in 2013.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Because once you believe less is more... up is down... false is true... and govt is the answer... it's easy to over pay to show everyone else that you are a true govt believer. There will come a time when innovation leads there... but it isn't there yet.

2seaoat

Because once you believe less is more... up is down... false is true... and govt is the answer... it's easy to over pay to show everyone else that you are a true govt believer. There will come a time when innovation leads there... but it isn't there yet.

Same dogmatic political explanation of economic choice which you cannot comprehend. People vote with their feet. I heard the exact same arguments on this forum about buying a Prius. That I was paying more for less and I would not recoup my premium. Stunning logic. Darwin was right, and you can take your no faith in government non economic logic to extinction. For some consumers the economic threshold has been met based on their commute. My prius is more efficient for my commute, but the second they can go 60 miles on a charge, I will vote with my feet.

A month ago I saw two volts in one day. Pk can sit on the sidelines explaining Detroit and waiting for a faster horse to deliver the mail.

2seaoat wrote:Because once you believe less is more... up is down... false is true... and govt is the answer... it's easy to over pay to show everyone else that you are a true govt believer. There will come a time when innovation leads there... but it isn't there yet.

Same dogmatic political explanation of economic choice which you cannot comprehend. People vote with their feet. I heard the exact same arguments on this forum about buying a Prius. That I was paying more for less and I would not recoup my premium. Stunning logic. Darwin was right, and you can take your no faith in government non economic logic to extinction. For some consumers the economic threshold has been met based on their commute. My prius is more efficient for my commute, but the second they can go 60 miles on a charge, I will vote with my feet.

A month ago I saw two volts in one day. Pk can sit on the sidelines explaining Detroit and waiting for a faster horse to deliver the mail.

Don't worry... your voice stands out in the choir. That's how we all know you believe and have more faith than most.

In govt we trust... Amen.

Yella

Yella

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/why-us-electric-vehicle-sales-are-booming/24770?tag=nl.e660&s_cid=e660&ttag=e660&ftag=TRE4eb29b5

Sales of plug-in hybrids are eclipsing the sales of standard hybrids in 2013.

I hope someday soon the car manufacturers will start mounting solar panels on the roofs and hoods of cars so that the batteries will be charging whenever it is sunny. Also the development of batteries that are more compact yet will hold a larger charge needs to be implemented.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

2seaoat

In govt we trust... Amen.

Clean air, Clean water, safe food, roads, communication systems, safety from other nations, education, counter balance to criminals, stoplights, counter balance to theft of resources, air traffic control, rail standardization, handicap access, regulation of child labor, protector of minor children, safety in the work place, and more things than can be listed which you argue we should have no trust. I fight abuse in government, but those who think government is unnecessary or should be reduced beyond function, most certainly do not like the idea of our constitution and its mandate. To turn an electric auto boom into the false premise that it is government who has mandated the same, makes as much sense that the grants to railroads of land was improper subsidy which did not give the citizens of this country real economic return.....stunning simplicity and logic.

2seaoat

I hope someday soon the car manufacturers will start mounting solar panels on the roofs and hoods of cars so that the batteries will be charging whenever it is sunny. Also the development of batteries that are more compact yet will hold a larger charge needs to be implemented.

This was an option in the 2010 Prius, and it did not take off because the payback period of a car vs a home is far shorter and it did not make economic sense in an auto with the current pricing of solar and efficiency of collectors.

2seaoat wrote:In govt we trust... Amen.

Clean air, Clean water, safe food, roads, communication systems, safety from other nations, education, counter balance to criminals, stoplights, counter balance to theft of resources, air traffic control, rail standardization, handicap access, regulation of child labor, protector of minor children, safety in the work place, and more things than can be listed which you argue we should have no trust. I fight abuse in government, but those who think government is unnecessary or should be reduced beyond function, most certainly do not like the idea of our constitution and its mandate. To turn an electric auto boom into the false premise that it is government who has mandated the same, makes as much sense that the grants to railroads of land was improper subsidy which did not give the citizens of this country real economic return.....stunning simplicity and logic.

I'd rather slam my head into a brick wall than discuss anything political with you... but you really do need to stop assigning broad beliefs to me and others. Stick to the facts to support your position and use another's exact words... you simply aren't bright enough to generalize/summarize someone's ideas.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:

Clean air, Clean water, safe food, roads, communication systems, safety from other nations, education, counter balance to criminals, stoplights, counter balance to theft of resources, air traffic control, rail standardization, handicap access, regulation of child labor, protector of minor children, safety in the work place, and more things than can be listed which you argue we should have no trust.   I fight abuse in government, but those who think government is unnecessary or should be reduced beyond function, most certainly do not like the idea of our constitution and its mandate.   To turn an electric auto boom into the false premise that it is government who has mandated the same, makes as much sense that the grants to railroads of land was improper subsidy which did not give the citizens of this country real economic return.....stunning simplicity and logic.

I'd rather slam my head into a brick wall than discuss anything political with you... but you really do need to stop assigning broad beliefs to me and others. Stick to the facts to support your position and use another's exact words... you simply aren't bright enough to generalize/summarize someone's ideas.

Really? Seriously? That's amusing to me.

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Clean air, Clean water, safe food, roads, communication systems, safety from other nations, education, counter balance to criminals, stoplights, counter balance to theft of resources, air traffic control, rail standardization, handicap access, regulation of child labor, protector of minor children, safety in the work place, and more things than can be listed which you argue we should have no trust.   I fight abuse in government, but those who think government is unnecessary or should be reduced beyond function, most certainly do not like the idea of our constitution and its mandate.   To turn an electric auto boom into the false premise that it is government who has mandated the same, makes as much sense that the grants to railroads of land was improper subsidy which did not give the citizens of this country real economic return.....stunning simplicity and logic.

Please produce a single time I have ever argued against the services he began that bs post with.

There were always common sense needs within the limits of the constitution and general welfare. Still amused?

Sal

Sal

I think it's the "assigning broad beliefs" part that's so amusing ...

... at least to me.

Meet Mr. Kettle.

lol

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Please produce a single time I have ever argued against the services he began that bs post with.

There were always common sense needs within the limits of the constitution and general welfare. Still amused?

pkr, you answered your own question my friend . . . . . . your disdain for big government is admirable but your ability to cherry pick what YOU despise is contrary to your own mistrust of the government. Mr. Oats was simply pointing out the many useful aspects government serves . . . . . . . your generic suspicion of 'government', while admirable, are your undoing when subjected to an honest discussion of the role of government (I think).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum