Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't make the Judge mad!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Don't make the Judge mad! 7/19/2012, 8:21 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/120719017/Okaloosa-sheriff-s-candidate-jailed-by-Escambia-judge?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Look what happens when you piss a judge off. Too bad the real criminals are not held to such rigorous fines.

2Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/19/2012, 8:31 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/120719017/Okaloosa-sheriff-s-candidate-jailed-by-Escambia-judge?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Look what happens when you piss a judge off. Too bad the real criminals are not held to such rigorous fines.
What makes you think he isn't a real criminal? He is in jail with no bond.

3Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/19/2012, 8:31 pm

no stress

no stress

Joanimaroni wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/120719017/Okaloosa-sheriff-s-candidate-jailed-by-Escambia-judge?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Yeah seriously! No bond? Even murderers get bond in this county

4Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/19/2012, 8:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lurch wrote:

What makes you think he isn't a real criminal? He is in jail with no bond.

His crime was a letter sent to a Judge....Good Grief.

5Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/19/2012, 9:56 pm

Markle

Markle

Don't make the Judge mad! 424

About 100 years ago I had a house sale fall through because an attorney in Miami Beach objected to the conditions and terms. It was his sisters house here in Tallahassee. LONG expensive, very valuable lesson.

After it was DEAD, I wrote a single spaced, three page letter describing his profession, his heritage, his sister and I probably threw in his mother. I then took it put it in an envelope and...put it in the file. Then I typed a two paragraph letter telling him how sorry I was that the sale had not gone through. Also, if there was anything I could do to help him in the future to please call me. THAT one I put in an envelope AND MAILED that one.

Three months later I got a call from that same attorney. He asked if I remembered him. Oh yes, he was one of my most expensive, dearly learned lessons. He said the listing had expired on his sisters house and that I had been so professional in handling the failed transaction, if I would be interested in listing the house. Of course I said yes. I was able to sell the house and recoup most of my losses.

Seems this fellow would have been well advised to have done the same thing.

6Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 12:00 am

I think this judge overstepped his bounds. The guy wasn't in court. Criticizing a judge is not against the law. This judge needs to be removed from the bench.

7Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 12:59 am

Dreamsglore wrote:I think this judge overstepped his bounds. The guy wasn't in court. Criticizing a judge is not against the law. This judge needs to be removed from the bench.
I guess you and the wanna be sheriff know more about the law than a judge.

8Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 1:23 am

Lurch wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I think this judge overstepped his bounds. The guy wasn't in court. Criticizing a judge is not against the law. This judge needs to be removed from the bench.

Are you saying criticizing a judge is against the law? Show me where that is true?

9Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 5:00 am

The judge in question, is an idiot. Here is what the guy wrote:

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/nwfdn/m7fhcq-20lowreyordertoarrest.pdf

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/lowrey-51143--.html

"The order states Lowrey should be held without bail because “there is reason to believe the defendant will not appear in response to the order to show cause.”
---------

Then there would be a "Failure To Appear" charge if Lowrey failed to show up at a hearing. The idiot judge overstepped here. I hope Lowrey rakes his ass over hot coals.

10Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 7:33 am

Dreamsglore wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Are you saying criticizing a judge is against the law? Show me where that is true?
I don't know if it's true but I would think a judge would know a little about the law. If it is legal I hope the judge does some time for his crime, false imprisonment and kidnapping would fit right in there..

11Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 10:04 am

Lurch wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Lurch wrote:

I don't know if it's true but I would think a judge would know a little about the law. If it is legal I hope the judge does some time for his crime, false imprisonment and kidnapping would fit right in there..

3.830. Direct Criminal Contempt

A criminal contempt may be punished summarily if the court saw or heard the conduct constituting the contempt committed in the actual presence of the court. The judgment of guilt of contempt shall include a recital of those facts on which the adjudication of guilt is based. Prior to the adjudication of guilt the judge shall inform the defendant of the accusation against the defendant and inquire as to whether the defendant has any cause to show why he or she should not be adjudged guilty of contempt by the court and sentenced therefor. The defendant shall be given the opportunity to present evidence of excusing or mitigating circumstances. The judgment shall be signed by the judge and entered of record. Sentence shall be pronounced in open court.

12Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 10:30 am

"...in the actual presence of the court..."

I don't believe this to be true... Unless the dummy hand delivered the letter inside a courtroom.

13Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 11:08 am

Yomama wrote:"...in the actual presence of the court..."

I don't believe this to be true... Unless the dummy hand delivered the letter inside a courtroom.

He filed the letter with the Clerk of Court. Maybe not a smart move but looks like the judge retaliated cause it pissed him off. No jury will find Lowrey guilty I suspect, even if he is in fact guilty.

14Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 2:21 pm

That's the Fl. rules of criminal procedure. Judge Bergosh cited a case but I'm not sure if that overturns the Fl rules. I thought a judge had to rule on a cited case.

15Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 2:36 pm

If he didn't go by the book he should be canned for not knowing the law and charged for having a personal vendetta.

16Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 6:52 pm

updated

Judge dismisses contempt charge against Okaloosa sheriff candidate

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120720/NEWS01/120720027/Judge-dismisses-contempt-charge-against-Okaloosa-sheriff-candidate?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

17Don't make the Judge mad! Empty Re: Don't make the Judge mad! 7/20/2012, 10:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Don't make the Judge mad! Tumblr_m12f6jIX2t1qdlh1io1_250

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum