Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bottom Line: Five factors led to the apprehension of the bombers.

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

1. The existence of a multitude of surveillance and personal cameras.

2. The authorities compiling and studying all those images and from that being able to identify photos of the bombing suspects.

3. The authorities going public with photos of the two bomber suspects and announcing to the public that a manhunt was in progress to apprehend the suspects.
This is what put the suspects on the run. They could no longer remain stationary because they knew that would ensure their capture.

4. The carjacking and "Danny's"escape from it. The Tsarnaev Brothers made the fatal mistake of admitting they were the bombers to the motorist "Danny" who they were holding captive.
"Danny" was able to escape from the car and call 911 to alert the authorities of the location of the suspects' whereabouts and the vehicle they were in. Which led to the police chase and the subsequent shooting of one suspect.

5. A homeowner discovering the other suspect hiding in his boat and alerting the authorities to it.

2seaoat

All true Bob, but the response was because of a criminal act of jacking a car.....not the authorities putting the puzzle together and making an arrest. Holding back 48 hours on the ID of the shooter by clear photographic evidence allowed and innocent officer to be executed, and almost let these folks drive to NY and release more bombs........time to ask questions....WTF was the reason for the delay, and why did the FBI not ID one of these guys.

The house arrest of Boston and not making a general announcement for neighbors to meet law enforcement at their front doors for cursory searches was a huge fail, and allowed the perp to escape.........and using a boat on dry land as a get away was pretty consistent with that day.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Holding back 48 hours on the ID of the shooter by clear photographic evidence allowed an innocent officer to be executed.

What shooter? The only time the suspects shot anyone that I'm aware of was the shooting of the policeman. And they identified the shooter (one of the bombers) at the end of the police chase? And from the surveillance photos at the scene of the robbery. And of course that all happened in the afternoon and evening of the same day?

And why exactly are you blaming the authorities for the execution of the policeman?

2seaoat

The reference to shooter was the execution of the police officer......which never would have happened if they had an id and an arrest of the suspects based on the boston bombing......not a common everyday carjacking and response.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:and using a boat on dry land as a get away was pretty consistent with that day.

I wasn't aware that the wounded suspect was planning to getaway by driving that boat on dry land. I was under the impression that he was only using the boat as a hiding place.

And I'm at a complete loss trying to understand how his hiding in a boat was "consistent with that day".

2seaoat

I was stealing Bill Mahr's comedic twist about escaping in a boat on dry land.....and yes it was consistent with the day and the week. Thousands of law enforcement walking around, yet an unattended bag gets no immediate response.....why.....because we spend our money on personnel, yet in Israel they spend their money on training of the public......they recognize the strength of the response to terrorism must originate from the people.

The American Boston model is to not trust the people. To put them under house arrest. To not have them help in the search for the bad guys by delaying release of the photos......and not utilizing them in the neighborhood search.........You are thrilled that them bad Muslims got killed or captured, and have become a cheerleader for the Boston model.......I simply disagree with cheerleading this event. I think it is a great learning moment of how not to engage law enforcement. Until we have a national discussion of our response in Boston, more will die. Until we realize that soft targets can be hit by any group.....not just the Muslims you hate.....we will repeat these mistakes. Our strength lies in our people. It does not lie in a standing army taking citizens rights away.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The reference to shooter was the execution of the police officer......which never would have happened if they had an id and an arrest of the suspects based on the boston bombing......not a common everyday carjacking and response.
Your replies to this thread are very confusing.

First you wrote this...

"Holding back 48 hours on the ID of the shooter by clear photographic evidence allowed an innocent officer to be executed."

Then in your second reply you wrote this...

"The reference to shooter was the execution of the police officer......which never would have happened if they had an id and an arrest of the suspects based on the boston bombing"

I'm now thoroughly confused by what you're posting.
First you're saying they had identified the bombers 48 hours prior to their apprehension.
And then you say they failed to identify the bombers at that time.

Following the bombing, the authorities began to receive all the photos taken at the scene. From looking at all those photos, two likely suspects eventually emerged from all that photographic evidence.
That was when they released the particular video (and stills from that video) which gave the public the best look at the two suspects.
At that time, the authorities had not yet identified those suspects. Only had the photos of them.

Obviously if they knew the identities of the two suspects at that time, they would have immediately tried to apprehend the suspects at any known locations associated with them.
But they did not yet know who it was we were all looking at in the photos.
It's my understanding that the suspects were not identified as the Tsarnaev brothers until the end of the police chase.

So what exactly is your beef with the cops? I'm sorry but I just don't get it, seaoat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The reference to shooter was the execution of the police officer......which never would have happened if they had an id and an arrest of the suspects based on the boston bombing......not a common everyday carjacking and response.

The "common everyday carjacking".
The carjacking occurred ONLY because the suspects became aware that their photos were continuously being shown all over the world on virtually every television outlet.
We now know that, following the bombing and up until that time, Dzhokhar (at least) was staying in his residence and was even partying with friends.

Once they became aware that their faces were on every television set, is when they realized they had to get out of dodge and do it quickly. And that is the reason they did the carjacking. And also the reason they did the robbery because they needed cash to escape.

2seaoat

I will type slow Bob. The FBI analyst who hours after the shooting had a clear picture of the younger brother walking away from the bombing and not running. The id was clear. The photo was clear. This was 48 hours prior to the release of the photos to the public and before some of the other photos tied the brothers together, and showing the placement of the bag.

Why was this clear photo delayed for release? A few hours after this initial find they had both brothers. Where is the Boston office of the FBI in reviewing these photos? Where is the agent who was interviewing the person in the photos? Where is the face recognition software and database of photos of alleged terrorists?

My argument is simple. If the FBI was doing their job, they should have lined up the photos and the suspect they had interviewed 11 months earlier. They did not. I argue that what possible reason would you delay the release of this photo.....we have amber alert laws and signage all over this country because they work.......why did folks not release these photos?
It was the release of these photos which flushed them out, but have you heard one word that they knew who these people were in the two days of investigation? Silence. Have we heard one word about call ins identifying the suspects after the release? Silence. You tell me this is great police work. I say no. One of us is right.

2seaoat

The carjacking occurred ONLY because

1. They needed money for drugs
2. They needed money for some MD 20/20
3. They needed a stolen car for a drive by shooting
4. They needed to take a joy ride and pick up Clyde
5. They needed to take their date to prom

It was a common car jacking......and every perp in America who carjacks has a because..........but these were your hated Muslims.......you know.....this monolithic group.......who usually have cash from uncle Saudi........this great plan.......this great law enforcement response to these scary boogeymen.....who are pumping gas and getting cash from an ATM as their prisoner simply gets out of the car and runs......Flounder and Bluto on a road trip......lets arrest Boston........but but but Mr. Kotter........what if they had got away? How long was it going to take for this great law enforcement task force to release the names and photos of the bombers.......Bob ......whats your guess.......an hour.......a day.....a couple days....a week..........who knows......nobody is critically looking at this screwed up mess and at least Bill Mahr started asking questions last night.....it was a cluster F.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I got an interruption. Let's concentrate on this paragraph first...

"The FBI analyst who hours after the shooting had a clear picture of the younger brother walking away from the bombing and not running. The id was clear. The photo was clear. This was 48 hours prior to the release of the photos to the public"

Let me explain what is causing the confusion.

"Hours after the shooting" an FBI analyst had a clear photo of the bombers and knew who they were.
I'm assuming "the shooting" is referring to the shooting of the campus policeman, is that correct?
Well that didn't happen 48 hours prior to the release of the photos.
The photos were released BEFORE the shooting occurred.

Try to make me understand this and then we can go from there.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The carjacking occurred ONLY because

1. They needed money for drugs
2. They needed money for some MD 20/20
3. They needed a stolen car for a drive by shooting
4. They needed to take a joy ride and pick up Clyde
5. They needed to take their date to prom

It was a common car jacking......and every perp in America who carjacks has a because..........but these were your hated Muslims.......you know.....this monolithic group.......who usually have cash from uncle Saudi........this great plan.......this great law enforcement response to these scary boogeymen.....who are pumping gas and getting cash from an ATM as their prisoner simply gets out of the car and runs......Flounder and Bluto on a road trip......lets arrest Boston........but but but Mr. Kotter........what if they had got away? How long was it going to take for this great law enforcement task force to release the names and photos of the bombers.......Bob ......whats your guess.......an hour.......a day.....a couple days....a week..........who knows......nobody is critically looking at this screwed up mess and at least Bill Mahr started asking questions last night.....it was a cluster F.

The carjacking occurred because they needed a car to make their escape.
They needed to make their escape because they knew their photos were on every television screen. Once they became aware of that, they had to get away from everyone who knew them and knew what they looked like (because one of those people could reveal to the authorities who they were and where they were). And they realized it was a good idea to get away from the area alltogether because the whole Boston area would be looking the hardest for those individuals being shown on TV.

I'm just not sure what Bill Maher or the prom has to do with anything.
And I'm not sure why you keep referring to this as a "common carjacking".
Yes it's common to other carjackings since there was a car and there were carjackers. But there was a reason in this particular case for why they did this carjacking. And again, that was because they needed transportation to get themselves the hell out of there and do it quick.

2seaoat

The carjacking occurred because they needed a car to make their escape.

Now help me on this one Bob.....but is it not correct that at the scene it has been reported that they had two cars.....there car, and the car jacked car. If I am wrong....I am wrong, but I heard a report that there were two cars when the officers had the initial contact.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:these scary boogeymen.....Flounder and Bluto on a road trip......

Well I saw Animal House too. But I don't remember that before Flounder and Bluto went on the road trip, that they had set off bombs in whatever town Faber College was in and killed and injured 180 people, many with their legs blown off.

People who do that would be characterized as "scary" to me. But I usually only associate the term "boogeymen" with someone who is not really scary but only thought to be.
So how many legs have to get blown off, and how many people need to be killed and injured before we deem someone to actually be scary and not just a "boogeyman"?

2seaoat

But there was a reason in this particular case for why they did this carjacking.

Whew......I am glad to know this......to think all these carjackings across America are done without a reason. Of course a Muslim carjacking.......that reason is special.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The carjacking occurred because they needed a car to make their escape.

Now help me on this one Bob.....but is it not correct that at the scene it has been reported that they had two cars.....there car, and the car jacked car. If I am wrong....I am wrong, but I heard a report that there were two cars when the officers had the initial contact.

Yes, they were in their own car initially. But immediately realized that once they were identified, cops all over Boston would be looking for that car. That's when Tamerlan exited their car and did the carjacking of "Dannys" car with Dzhokar still in their car right behind. Both cars then stopped and Dzhokar abandoned their car and got in "Danny's" car with Danny and Tamerlan. All three were then in the carjacked car and drove around for another 90 minutes in that car.

2seaoat

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/boston-suspects-planned-bombs-new-york-times-square-sources-article-1.1327323

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: But there was a reason in this particular case for why they did this carjacking.

Whew......I am glad to know this......to think all these carjackings across America are done without a reason.

Did you hear a voice in your head which said "all carjackings across American are done without a reason?"
Because if you heard that voice say that it was not my voice. And you didn't see me write that either.

I cited you the reason for THIS carjacking. I did so because you kept describing it as a "common carjacking" and never made any mention of the reason for why (in this case) it was done.

2seaoat

Yes, they were in their own car initially.

So can we agree that they were simply stupid? Or do you still want to elevate Bluto and Flounder to the Boogeyman. You shave your hair to stubble and bleach the same. You quietly go out of your house and take to license plates and drive to another city. You proceed to switch license plates again, but this time with a similar model car. You proceed to carjack a vehicle in another town in Ma...........and you park it a few blocks from a convenience store, and put the driver in the trunk and keep one brother in the get away car. You hit the convenience store with a ski mask, get some cash and drive a few blocks and calmly enter the jacked car........leaving your car parked in this other town. You now go on a road trip. In each case where did good police work cause stupid to be stupid.

2seaoat

Five people got murdered in Southern Illinois, and two were children. More people died in Texas, but did we think this guy who did the killing was scary before he crossed the line.......did we think this Factory which was not being inspected was scary.........Since a decade ago we have lost 3,300 people to terrorism, we have lost 450k in Auto accidents, and about 300k to gun violence, and we lose 8 workers a day to workplace deaths......but again.....these were muslims.

Any terror group who kills innocent human beings are criminals who need to be punished, but spending a trillion dollars over the last decade because of fear of Muslims, and not addressing far more pressing problems with resources.....well yes.....this is about the boogeyman......this imaginary threat which statistically is way down the lists of risks.....but overreaction, adding more police, prosecutors, jailers, probation officers, prosecutors, public defenders, and judges is the answer........60 years to inspect just texas workplaces.....yep......I got this wrong.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Yes, they were in their own car initially.

So can we agree that they were simply stupid?

Or do you still want to elevate Bluto and Flounder to the Boogeyman.

Well the answer to your first question here is yes they are stupid.

But I don't even understand the question "do you still want to elevate Bluto and Flounder to the Boogeymen", let alone have an answer for it.

Your movie metaphor makes no sense to me whatsoever.
This time I'll try to write slowly.
Again, Bluto and Flounder DID NOT BLOW UP 180 PEOPLE.
And again, bombers who blow up 180 people ARE NOT boogeymen.
The definition of "boogeyman" is "an imaginary evil character".
THE PERPS/TERRORISTS/CRIMINALS (OR WHATEVER LABEL YOU CHOOSE TO GIVE THEM) WHO BLEW UP 180 PEOPLE AT THE BOSTON MARATHON ARE NOT IMAGINARY.

Last edited by Bob on 4/27/2013, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Did you hear a voice in your head which said "all carjackings across American are done without a reason?"

I simply applied your logic. This was a special car jacking. It was done because of stellar police work. Other car jackings do not apply.

Your idea that this was about your hated muslims.......this was from start to end about stupid, and it was not limited to the perps.......the law enforcement reaction and failure to deal with unattended bags at a major event all require questions and answers. There are real boogeymen all over this country destroying lives.......but it would be great if the owners of that fertilizer plant were.......Musssssslims........yessireeeee........we might start putting some resources into workplace safety........

I am going to bust your balls for some time into the future because bigotry is hateful......and you proudly wear yours with no excuses. I know Muslims. I have friends who are Muslim. I have seen their pain. My next door neighbor had a shell gas station which sold alcohol. He could have made a great deal of money from the sale of alcohol, but he took it out.....because of his religion. The neighborhood cleaned up, and the man made less money, but he is a good man, a good American, and yes he has strong beliefs......but he or any of the other Muslims I call friends would never .....never......never try to justify these acts. I saw some bastard come into the gas station and start telling this man about how we need to get rid of the fureiners........and he should go back where he came from......second generation American with a son in the service......so stick your bigotry where the sun does not shine. I am not using a bit of humor on this one.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I see. So your replies to this thread are not really about the bombings.
Your replies are all about my personal bigotry against muslims. lol

2seaoat

I see. So your replies to this thread are not really about the bombings.
Your replies are all about my personal bigotry against muslims. lol

Well are you not a part of a large minority of people in this country who think the war against terror is really the war against Muslims? Do you really think this reaction to the bombing was professional and timely? Do you think if the two brothers were white nazis would they have put Boston under House arrest? Do you think you put a population under your thumb without fear. Do you think random acts of violence can increase budgets by trillions? Nope, you need the boogeyman. Well, I think we need to quit shivering in our homes worrying about boogeymen......and I will be damned if people can paint all Muslims with the same brush........Jefferson was very careful when dealing with the Muslim world not to attack the religion.....but to attack the crime. This thread has everything which needs to be discussed.

2seaoat wrote:[b]the law enforcement reaction and failure to deal with unattended bags at a major event all require questions and answers.

2SO, I don't know if you watched the expose' the other night, but suspicious looking bags were placed on crowded public places. 90% of the time these bags went unnoticed or "didn't want to get involved" crowd and that included several LEOs. So instead of blaming LEO, lets put blame right smack dab upon John Q. Public's shoulders. We are as much to blame as LEO is. One of those interviewed stated flatly that he saw the bag sitting there for quite some time, but never gave it a second thought. Now keep it mind this survey was done after the Boston bombing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum