Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama crying about gun control filibuster

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2013/04/obama-gun-control-filibuster-not-right.html?ml=vi_2

His 90% crap is just that, crap. If 90% of people wanted the kind of gun control he wants, it would have already been done.

There are obviously enough people pressuring the Senate members to go against his knee jerk reaction to Newtown. There are enough Dems and Repubs in Senate to shoot down his gun control agenda which penalizes law abiding citizens and does nothing to prevent CRIMINALS from getting the guns that they want. We also know the gun control bill that Obama wants is not going to pass and is dead on arrival in the House.

The GOP should have stood up against Obamacare when it could have, but it did not. The GOP MUST WIN on this issue regardless. Americans are speaking their OPINION MR PRESIDENT. They don't want gun control in the form you propose.

Quit politicizing the Newtown event and others. How about we get back to the real business of the country and get control of the budget????

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2013/04/obama-gun-control-filibuster-not-right.html?ml=vi_2

His 90% crap is just that, crap. If 90% of people wanted the kind of gun control he wants, it would have already been done.

There are obviously enough people pressuring the Senate members to go against his knee jerk reaction to Newtown. There are enough Dems and Repubs in Senate to shoot down his gun control agenda which penalizes law abiding citizens and does nothing to prevent CRIMINALS from getting the guns that they want. We also know the gun control bill that Obama wants is not going to pass and is dead on arrival in the House.

The GOP should have stood up against Obamacare when it could have, but it did not. The GOP MUST WIN on this issue regardless. Americans are speaking their OPINION MR PRESIDENT. They don't want gun control in the form you propose.

Quit politicizing the Newtown event and others. How about we get back to the real business of the country and get control of the budget????

Megyn Kelly interviewed a parent that lost his young son in the school shooting tragedy...it was very difficult to watch...The parent was surprisingly composed except for a couple of times but was focused in not agreeing with gun control legislation but rather a common sense approach of enforcing the laws on the books and making crimes committed with firearms an enhanced crime...He added something that a lot of people agree...this legislation will not have an impact in any way shape or form on criminals and their possession of weapons or the amount of ammo that their magazines may hold...criminals obviously don't follow laws...The impact/effect will be on law abiding citizens that will be made to feel like criminals when Constitutional rights are denied...

Exactly! Any proposed legislation does NOTHING to keep criminals from getting weapons. Much like the liberal stance on illegal immigration and border security, this bill is "full of holes."

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Exactly! Any proposed legislation does NOTHING to keep criminals from getting weapons. Much like the liberal stance on illegal immigration and border security, this bill is "full of holes."

The parent also pointed out that if we were starting from 'zero' magazines then the amount of ammo could possibly be regulated but as this gentleman pointed out...do you think criminals are going to worry about committing a crime because their magazine is outlawed and they are carrying too much ammo?...The common denominator in this issue is that it has no effect on criminals and their behavior and unless that can be controlled or altered the problem remains...

newswatcher wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Exactly! Any proposed legislation does NOTHING to keep criminals from getting weapons. Much like the liberal stance on illegal immigration and border security, this bill is "full of holes."

The parent also pointed out that if we were starting from 'zero' magazines then the amount of ammo could possibly be regulated but as this gentleman pointed out...do you think criminals are going to worry about committing a crime because their magazine is outlawed and they are carrying too much ammo?...The common denominator in this issue is that it has no effect on criminals and their behavior and unless that can be controlled or altered the problem remains...

Magazine capacity limits are a simple minded feel-good measure. Semiauto mag limits have been around for awhile - big deal. I have four magazines for a semiauto pistol. It takes a second to pop out the empty mag and insert the full one. Criminals or those with criminal intent aren't going to give a hoot about laws. Now background checks for gun purchases? No problem however it only affects those that are likely to follow all laws anyway. The only realistic "solution" (as if there is one where criminals are concerned) is to enforce the many gun laws ALREADY on the books. Anything else is meaningless posturing by elected criminals.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2013/04/obama-gun-control-filibuster-not-right.html?ml=vi_2

Haters gonna hate.... Isn't that what you are always telling us?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

'Haters' for disagreeing?...It's bad policy and could become bad law...There is a common sense approach but that's not what is being done in this case....first and foremost target the criminals...

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

And losers lose on issues where their logic is full of FAIL.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Obama crying about gun control filibuster Mitt-Romney-Laughing

As usual, another post with nothing to contribute...from the forum clown.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Good one! Wasn't he the one who continually prognosticated that Mitt Romney would trounce Obama last November? He still hasn't gotten over it....

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Good one! Wasn't he the one who continually prognosticated that Mitt Romney would trounce Obama last November? He still hasn't gotten over it....

Following in the footsteps of the forum clown as well? Another unremarkable and irrelevant post. Sal would be proud. You can be the King of Red Herrings.

Now I can wait on the rest of the Cub Scout troop to file in and add their tripe too.

FT, Dreams, and WTM.

The Three Musketeers of Illogical and Leftwing spin.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:As usual, another post with nothing to contribute...from the forum clown.

No.....even clowns contribute something....

newswatcher wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:As usual, another post with nothing to contribute...from the forum clown.

No.....even clowns contribute something....

In another life Sal was court jester for King Arthur.

knothead

knothead

NW, PD, nochain . . . . . reading your posts one would think the proposal would authorize the government to come after our guns . . . . . . nothing could be farther from the truth. The most basic thing that should be done is a loophole free BACKGROUND check . . . . . that is reasonable and I hope it passes. Mitch McConnell should not filibuster this but allow the Senate to debate the issue and allow a vote . . . . . . yall need to stay on point here . . . . it should not be filibustered! That would be shameful to me.

Thee govt doesn't come after anything in one fell swoop. That isn't how progressivism works.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Thee govt doesn't come after anything in one fell swoop. That isn't how progressivism works.

ok how stupid of me . . . . .

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:NW, PD, nochain . . . . . reading your posts one would think the proposal would authorize the government to come after our guns . . . . . . nothing could be farther from the truth. The most basic thing that should be done is a loophole free BACKGROUND check . . . . . that is reasonable and I hope it passes. Mitch McConnell should not filibuster this but allow the Senate to debate the issue and allow a vote . . . . . . yall need to stay on point here . . . . it should not be filibustered! That would be shameful to me.
This is the MO of the right wing, rather than come back with a reasonable argument they oppose a non-existent extreme position no one is even contemplating.

Looks as if progress is being made thanks in large part to the on the ground lobbying by the parents of the Sandy Hook school victims. They met face to face with the filibustering senators and made the case for having a vote. It seems to have worked, who would have thought citizens could have such an impact?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) filed a cloture motion on Tuesday night to shut off a GOP filibuster of a Democratic gun-control bill. The cloture vote will take place on Thursday, and Democrats believe they have the votes to beat it.

The cloture motion comes as Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said he was on the verge of a bipartisan deal with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) on a compromise bill on expanded background checks for gun sales.

"We're getting there. We're really getting there," Manchin told reporters. "Tomorrow we hope to be at the point where we can finalize everything."

A Manchin-Toomey agreement would be offered as an amendment to the Democratic bill.

For more information... http://www.politico.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Now I can wait on the rest of the Cub Scout troop to file in and add their tripe too.

FT, Dreams, and WTM.

And what are you...the king of hate? I have never in my life met any self-professed "Christian" who was so full of hatred. You're a fake.

Ft... I was wondering how you've reconciled progressiVes inspiring thee nazis? Any further research yet?

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Now I can wait on the rest of the Cub Scout troop to file in and add their tripe too.

FT, Dreams, and WTM.

And what are you...the king of hate? I have never in my life met any self-professed "Christian" who was so full of hatred. You're a fake.

Most all of them are fakes. I can count on one finger the true christians I've met in my life. That's why they disgust me.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

"The Three Musketeers of Illogical and Leftwing spin."

Can anyone name three posters on this forum who might fit the bill as 'The Three Musketeers of right-wing Illogic and spin'? Might PaceDog be one of them?

Floridatexan wrote:

FT, Dreams, and WTM.

Weird, I consider that sarcasm.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:"The Three Musketeers of Illogical and Leftwing spin."

Can anyone name three posters on this forum who might fit the bill as 'The Three Musketeers of right-wing Illogic and spin'? Might PaceDog be one of them?

Your reading comp is pitiful. I spelled it out for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum