Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama Was 1st US President To Vote To Filibuster A Supreme Court Nominee

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Something Progressives are CONVENIENTLY going to forget.  Allow me to remind them.

Poetic Juctice? Obama Was 1st US President To Vote To Filibuster A Supreme Court Nominee
It would be poetic justice for the GOP to block any Obama nominee.

In 2006, while no doubt starting to lay his eyes on a presidential run, then-Sen. Obama had no problem throwing a wrench in the works of democracy by voting to filibuster George Bush’s nominee Samuel Alito to the high court.

Obama told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News This Week that he would “be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly.”

In other words, because Alito did not share his judicial philosophy and he felt the judge’s ascension to the Supreme Court would not allow an independent check on the excessive use of executive branch power, Obama, in fact, voted to block the appointment.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/poetic-juctice-obama-was-1st-us-president-to-vote-for-filibuster-in-supreme-court-nomination/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ahem.....  Senator Obama said he would vote to "support" the filibuster of Alito..... Raphael Eduardo said he would "DO" the filibuster of Obama's nominee.

Just like he filibustered a couple of years ago, when he read "Green Eggs and Ham" on the Senate floor. Will he do that again? LOLOLOLOL!!!!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Cruz was picked last in gym class.....he is a worm who wants revenge of the nerds on America. A cowardly lying worm. I have no problem with Senators looking at a nominees past court decisions and exercising their constitutional duty, but Ted the worm wants to arbitrarily disallow the Presidential power of nomination, which he will filibuster.....give me more attention cruz....never saw a truth which he could lie about.

polecat

polecat

Obama Was 1st US President To Vote To Filibuster A Supreme Court Nominee Bea

Markle

Markle

Amusing the sheer desperation being expressed by all the Progressives here. They check my FACTS and find that are, frustratingly accurate. They are left with childish attacks on me.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Fact, that was then and this is now. Obama is President of the United States of America because he won his re-election by some five million votes.

He must appoint a judge to the Supreme Court, if he is to obey the Constitution.

One hopes he will nominate someone who is not a right wing, racist, asshole like Scalia was -- not someone who wants us to accept that corporations have the same rights as people.

But, in the end, it won't matter much because Bernie or Hillary will certainly not submit the name of another asshole like Scalia, when and if it becomes their choice.

And there is little doubt the republicans will continue to further their image as champions of dysfunctional government, by for and of the rich.

Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum