Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Five myths about obamacare. What say you?

+4
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
Slicef18
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

reaper1948 wrote: First off if any of you are going to be at least 65 on Jan 1, 2014 you can breathe a big sigh of relief you won't be subject of what's coming.
I become 65 the month after that. Does this mean being born one lousy month too late gets me screwed? If it does then I hope that muslim commie New World Order asshole in the white house drops dead of a heart attack before he gets anymore of that free doctoring I have to help pay for.

Last edited by ButtMan on 7/21/2012, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

How very typical of baby boomers - always wanting something for nothing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinsky wrote:How very typical of baby boomers - always wanting something for nothing.
Right. And those congressassholes and that community organizer aint wanting a damn thing for doin nothin are they, Sal. They're all the salts of the earth who earn every fucking penny of taxpayer paid welfare they get to live in the lap of luxury. We need to get down on our knees and pray to them because they are the true gods.

Sal

Sal

They're baby boomers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinsky wrote:They're baby boomers.
Well this time you have a point. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, me and yella went to the Gallery Night last night. It was like a convention of boomers. I don't think 1% of the thousands of people we saw in the street were outside the age of between 55 and 65. lol

I was dissapointed though because we spotted hundreds of good butts lying on the street and in the gutters. But the rain had soaked em all so much that they couldn't be smoked.

reaper1948 wrote:Well HHS is breaking down page by page of the law and finally distributing out to major insurers on how this whole thing is going to work. First off if any of you are going to be at least 65 on Jan 1, 2014 you can breathe a big sigh of relief you won't be subject of what's coming. None of what I've learned is in fact or myth, it is how HHS is making insurer administer the whole program.
The ones between 100 -200% of poverty level at first are going to make out like bandits on their health insurance premiums, the rest are going to be basically screwed.

I also have to eat my words of about a year and half ago when I said and went along with most of you could keep the plan you were on just like Obama said. The percentages are leaning against that fallacy, even you bought your health insurance plan after 3/23/2010 and they were health care compliant at that time and when we told you grandfathered plans were here to stay. NOPE not all. But then again your agent was just advising you on the communications at that time filtering down from HHS.

Florida will have an exchange but it will be facilitated by the Feds since Scott doesn't want a Florida run exchange.

When you sign up for insurance you will have to make your tax returns available to the insurance agent (if you want the subsidy) thru a tool that your agent will be using thru the insurance company you're signing up with. If you don't want the subsidy, no problem you don't have to let your agent see them online.

This will work a little bit like drawing social security. In other words if you sign up for the effective date of your policy Jan 1, 2014 and you qualified for subsidy from your 2012 tax return and in 2015 when your tax return is checked for 2013 and your income went up, well guess what? You have to pay back some of your subsidy for the year you received it. I would imagine it will just be reduced to nothing the next year.

There will be open enrollments like the Medicare Advantage is now and if it's not enough now for us to do it's going to be the same months as Med Advantage, except the first time which will run from Oct 2013 thru March 31, 2014.

Is everyone's mind boggled now? Mine certainly was and all these little things will be released slowly to us, so we can digest before Oct 2013.

If the general population would have really known how this will work I bet 90% would have been against this legislation instead of 60%.

This will be the biggest cluster fu you've ever seen.

Oh, you'll be fine if you are not doing anything with the subsidy except you may have to change your plan to be compliant with the max out of pockets set by the government.

How do you figure the rest will be screwed? The rest have health insurance and they will just go on w/ the policies they have.The only people this will effect is the ones who do not have it.People now won't have to stay in a job just for health insurance. They can take it w/ them.Win/Win!

ButtMan wrote:
reaper1948 wrote: First off if any of you are going to be at least 65 on Jan 1, 2014 you can breathe a big sigh of relief you won't be subject of what's coming.
I become 65 the month after that. Does this mean being born one lousy month too late gets me screwed? If it does then I hope that muslim commie New World Order asshole in the white house drops dead of a heart attack before he gets anymore of that free doctoring I have to help pay for.

Hell Bob there is a whole page dedicated just for you, It says, "We're gona screw Bob every which way but loose", then tie you up and have their way with you two more times.

No it probably won't effect you at all since the enrollment will be to March 31st, 2014.

Dreamsglore wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:Well HHS is breaking down page by page of the law and finally distributing out to major insurers on how this whole thing is going to work. First off if any of you are going to be at least 65 on Jan 1, 2014 you can breathe a big sigh of relief you won't be subject of what's coming. None of what I've learned is in fact or myth, it is how HHS is making insurer administer the whole program.
The ones between 100 -200% of poverty level at first are going to make out like bandits on their health insurance premiums, the rest are going to be basically screwed.

I also have to eat my words of about a year and half ago when I said and went along with most of you could keep the plan you were on just like Obama said. The percentages are leaning against that fallacy, even you bought your health insurance plan after 3/23/2010 and they were health care compliant at that time and when we told you grandfathered plans were here to stay. NOPE not all. But then again your agent was just advising you on the communications at that time filtering down from HHS.

Florida will have an exchange but it will be facilitated by the Feds since Scott doesn't want a Florida run exchange.

When you sign up for insurance you will have to make your tax returns available to the insurance agent (if you want the subsidy) thru a tool that your agent will be using thru the insurance company you're signing up with. If you don't want the subsidy, no problem you don't have to let your agent see them online.

This will work a little bit like drawing social security. In other words if you sign up for the effective date of your policy Jan 1, 2014 and you qualified for subsidy from your 2012 tax return and in 2015 when your tax return is checked for 2013 and your income went up, well guess what? You have to pay back some of your subsidy for the year you received it. I would imagine it will just be reduced to nothing the next year.

There will be open enrollments like the Medicare Advantage is now and if it's not enough now for us to do it's going to be the same months as Med Advantage, except the first time which will run from Oct 2013 thru March 31, 2014.

Is everyone's mind boggled now? Mine certainly was and all these little things will be released slowly to us, so we can digest before Oct 2013.

If the general population would have really known how this will work I bet 90% would have been against this legislation instead of 60%.

This will be the biggest cluster fu you've ever seen.

Oh, you'll be fine if you are not doing anything with the subsidy except you may have to change your plan to be compliant with the max out of pockets set by the government.

How do you figure the rest will be screwed? The rest have health insurance and they will just go on w/ the policies they have.The only people this will effect is the ones who do not have it.People now won't have to stay in a job just for health insurance. They can take it w/ them.Win/Win!

Well you could always take it with you when you left a job in the form of Cobra and if you were uninsurable at the end of cobra you could have gotten a guaranteed plan. The Guaranteed plan has been in place since 96 or 97 (HIPPA) The plans are going to change quite a bit to be in line with the bronze, silver, gold and platinum plans the government has set up and most of you will be required to change or the insurance company will change it for you to be compliant. The one's who do not qualify for the subsidy will probably see record increases in their premiums. I don't believe there is anywhere in the legislation that puts a cap on premiums, just MLR.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum