Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

7 Gun Control Myths That Just Won’t Die

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

My...guess here is that one or two of my Progressive good friends will find fault with several of these FACTS. Isn't that always the way?

7 Gun Control Myths That Just Won’t Die
By Sean Davis
OCTOBER 7, 2015
The debate over gun control and gun rights would be more productive if both sides focused on the facts instead of pushing myths about America's gun laws.

1) The ‘Gun Show Loophole’ Allows Anyone, Even Criminals, To Get Guns

In reality, the so-called “gun show loophole” is a myth. It does not exist. There is no loophole in federal law that specifically exempts gun show transactions from any other laws normally applied to gun sales. Not one.

If you purchase a firearm from a federal firearms licensee (FFL) regardless of the location of the transaction — a gun store, a gun show, a gun dealer’s car trunk, etc. — that FFL must confirm that you are legally allowed to purchase that gun. That means the FFL must either run a background check on you via the federal NICS database, or confirm that you have passed a background check by examining your state-issued concealed carry permit or your government-issued purchase permit. There are zero exceptions to this federal requirement.

If an individual purchases a gun across state lines — from an individual or FFL which resides in a different state than the buyer — the buyer must undergo a background check, and the sale must be processed by an FFL in the buyer’s home state.

For more:
http://thefederalist.com/2015/10/07/7-gun-control-myths-that-just-wont-die/

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

But if you buy one from your neighbor or brother-in-law there's no requirement (and that's not me saying there should be) ... so long as the transaction doesn't cross State lines.

Last gun I bought (S&W M&P .40 two weeks ago) was from a guy on the Gulf Coast Gun Forum ... he wanted to see my CCW permit before he would sell it to me.

Markle

Markle

EmeraldGhost wrote:But if you buy one from your neighbor or brother-in-law there's no requirement (and that's not me saying there should be) ... so long as the transaction doesn't cross State lines.

Last gun I bought (S&W M&P .40 two weeks ago) was from a guy on the Gulf Coast Gun Forum ... he wanted to see my CCW permit before he would sell it to me.

IF there was a requirement, how would it be enforced?

Would criminals or terrorists comply with the law?

The crime rate using a gun has plummeted in Florida since the 10-20-Life minimum prison term for the use of a weapon in committing any crime.

Illinois could implement the same law, along with stop and frisk, and shootings and murders in Chicago would drop. Progressives don't want any such thing as it puts the wrong percentage of blacks behind bars.

I believe it was the wise Ronald Reagan who once said, solutions are simple, it is implementing them which is difficult.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:But if you buy one from your neighbor or brother-in-law there's no requirement (and that's not me saying there should be) ... so long as the transaction doesn't cross State lines.

The crime rate using a gun has plummeted in Florida since the 10-20-Life minimum prison term for the use of a weapon in committing any crime.

Illinois could implement the same law, along with stop and frisk, and shootings and murders in Chicago would drop.  Progressives don't want any such thing as it puts the wrong percentage of blacks behind bars.

I believe it was the wise Ronald Reagan who once said, solutions are simple, it is implementing them which is difficult.

Was this the same wise Ronnie Reagan who said: I believe in my heart I did not trade weapons for our hostages in Iran, but the evidence convinces me otherwise ...

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Generalissimo Francisco Franco and Ronald Reagan are still dead.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Illinois could implement the same law, along with stop and frisk, and shootings and murders in Chicago would drop.  Progressives don't want any such thing as it puts the wrong percentage of blacks behind bars.

Was this the same wise Ronnie Reagan who said:  I believe in my heart I did not trade weapons for our hostages in Iran, but the evidence convinces me otherwise ...

You're easily distracted aren't you?

Subject is your passionate desire to confiscate our guns...long knives too.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Generalissimo Francisco Franco and Ronald Reagan are still dead.  

So is your chosen signature...so what?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum