Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare to raise premium prices by 32%

+3
Yella
VectorMan
PBulldog2
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.ryot.org/study-obamacare-aka-affordable-care-act-to-raise-claims-cost-32/110661

Oh snap!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.ryot.org/study-obamacare-aka-affordable-care-act-to-raise-claims-cost-32/110661

Oh snap!

You didn't read the article. The article says claims cost will be rising, not premiums. Big difference.

EDIT: However, I wrote over two years ago that premiums would rise significantly under the ACA due to the government subsidy that will be given directly to insurance companies. I suspect I will be proven correct.

I think the amount a person actually pays for his private premium will remain the same or may be a tad lower. The amount of the premium increase will, in many cases, be forwarded to the insurers in the form of a subsidy.

This part of the ACA makes me sick. It never should have been allowed to happen without a cap on premium increases.

http://www.benefitspro.com/2013/03/27/sebelius-concedes-reform-could-raise-premiums?eNL=5153407f140ba0a8660002c5&utm_source=BenefitsProNewsAlert&utm_medium=eNL&utm_campaign=BenefitsPro_eNLs&_LID=80623898

Yes, premiums will rise greatly.

PBulldog2 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.ryot.org/study-obamacare-aka-affordable-care-act-to-raise-claims-cost-32/110661

Oh snap!

You didn't read the article. The article says claims cost will be rising, not premiums. Big difference.

EDIT: However, I wrote over two years ago that premiums would rise significantly under the ACA due to the government subsidy that will be given directly to insurance companies. I suspect I will be proven correct.

I think the amount a person actually pays for his private premium will remain the same or may be a tad lower. The amount of the premium increase will, in many cases, be forwarded to the insurers in the form of a subsidy.

This part of the ACA makes me sick. It never should have been allowed to happen without a cap on premium increases.

Only if a person receive's a subsidy for their health plan will it go to the insurer to cover that person. Otherwise if you are not on the Fed Exchange and receiving a company the health insurer is not going to receive anything for you.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Can hardly wait for libs to pay their "fair share" for their health insurance. It ain't going to be pretty. But, they all so deserve it. Don't any of you libs worry, Obama and crew will have very good health insurance that we all pay for. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. LOL

Yella

Yella

http://obamacarefacts.com/repeal-obamacare.php

Don't pay any attention to this if you are a Republican.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

VectorMan wrote:Can hardly wait for libs to pay their "fair share" for their health insurance. It ain't going to be pretty. But, they all so deserve it. Don't any of you libs worry, Obama and crew will have very good health insurance that we all pay for. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. LOL

Ha ha you are so right!

most screams wont be heard till tax time 2015 ( garnishments )is on though lol funny timing huh. I guess just in time for the changing of the guards.

I have to say, some here are off, private ins has risen a lot already. which as something Obama promised wouldnt happen. its going to continue to go up and the cost of care is going to continue to go up. so unless we become a communist nation and take over the industry all together and every other industry that sells to health care, the govs interference will do what it always does and has done and ill continue to do, make the cost of shit go up and be less efficient and less assessable. Don't worry though, it will look like a good deal on paper, because that's what they do.

PB, im not sure which of the shitty hospitals you work for there but if you aint against obamacare by now, you are in the minority with other healthcare professionals. most woke up nov 2012 the day before the election when the fee schedule came out.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:Can hardly wait for libs to pay their "fair share" for their health insurance. It ain't going to be pretty. But, they all so deserve it. Don't any of you libs worry, Obama and crew will have very good health insurance that we all pay for. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. LOL

I believe the fuzzy part.

There will certainly be a lot of pissed off people in 2015. The way I understand everything I've read from corporate insurance and HHS is that if you qualify in 2014 for a subsidy based on your income in 2012 and then this year 2013 you made more money that would take you out of the subsidy for 2015, well you may have to pay back to the feds the subsidy you received for 2014. Also the first year the open enrollment will be Oct 1 2013 to March 31 2014 and years after Oct 15th til end of the year. Well if you want to purchase outside of these periods you will have to have a qualifying event same as getting on or off group coverage now.

I am not against people getting insurance with pre-existing conditions but it will cost. I am against of the thousands of regs that were tacked on to this law. See what happens when no one reads the bill before passage. To boot HHS, IRS, DOL, Homeland Security and CMS all have parts to make final rules on. WTF is this? I talked to a woman yesterday and after I was finished explaining what she will face in October she realized it was not free and she certainly was saying deragoratory things about Obama whom she voted for and she is also black.

doubtingthomas wrote:There will certainly be a lot of pissed off people in 2015. The way I understand everything I've read from corporate insurance and HHS is that if you qualify in 2014 for a subsidy based on your income in 2012 and then this year 2013 you made more money that would take you out of the subsidy for 2015, well you may have to pay back to the feds the subsidy you received for 2014. Also the first year the open enrollment will be Oct 1 2013 to March 31 2014 and years after Oct 15th til end of the year. Well if you want to purchase outside of these periods you will have to have a qualifying event same as getting on or off group coverage now.

I am not against people getting insurance with pre-existing conditions but it will cost. I am against of the thousands of regs that were tacked on to this law. See what happens when no one reads the bill before passage. To boot HHS, IRS, DOL, Homeland Security and CMS all have parts to make final rules on. WTF is this? I talked to a woman yesterday and after I was finished explaining what she will face in October she realized it was not free and she certainly was saying deragoratory things about Obama whom she voted for and she is also black.

its going to be very interesting.

Let me ask you, do you think the average person who is not involved with any profession involving this will be getting a clue to it by the middle of 2014? I think some will if they work at all or think at all. I think many will go all the way to the finish garnish line with mouth wide open in 2015.

what do you think?

PBulldog2 wrote:

Oh snap!

Costs of doing business are always passed to the consumer. So I was correct in my assessment.

Margin Call

Margin Call

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Oh snap!

Costs of doing business are always passed to the consumer. So I was correct in my assessment.

So, nobody has ever gone out of business? Investors eat costs too.

Doesn't Obamacare cap profits for insurance companies?

[quote="Margin Call"]
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Oh snap!

Doesn't Obamacare cap profits for insurance companies?{}

no you cant do that, all though what he done as pratcially communistic.

That would be the provision of the law, called the medical loss ratio, that requires health insurance companies to spend 80% of the consumers’ premium dollars they collect—85% for large group insurers—on actual medical care rather than overhead, marketing expenses and profit. Failure on the part of insurers to meet this requirement will result in the insurers having to send their customers a rebate check representing the amount in which they underspend on actual medical care.

but this doesn't mean they cant run up the cost and live large off that 20% LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOl

Chrissy wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:There will certainly be a lot of pissed off people in 2015. The way I understand everything I've read from corporate insurance and HHS is that if you qualify in 2014 for a subsidy based on your income in 2012 and then this year 2013 you made more money that would take you out of the subsidy for 2015, well you may have to pay back to the feds the subsidy you received for 2014. Also the first year the open enrollment will be Oct 1 2013 to March 31 2014 and years after Oct 15th til end of the year. Well if you want to purchase outside of these periods you will have to have a qualifying event same as getting on or off group coverage now.

its going to be very interesting.

Let me ask you, do you think the average person who is not involved with any profession involving this will be getting a clue to it by the middle of 2014? I think some will if they work at all or think at all. I think many will go all the way to the finish garnish line with mouth wide open in 2015.

what do you think?

I think the ones who sign up during open enrollment will very well have a clue by mid 2014. I also think with all the health insurance sales people out there that quite a few will only know how to sign a person up and not explain the plans correctly or that the subsidy may change greatly the next year and simply not tell the whole story just to get a sale. It will be exactly like Annual Election Period for Medicare Advantage the crooks in my business will come out of the wood work and lie their ass off and then the person is locked in for a year. The one's who don't sign up will get a clue in 2015 when they have to pay a penalty. The one's in the lower end of poverty level and will stay at that level will be the big winners, because in some scenario's they may as low as $30 a month for a damn good plan. The ones just below poverty I believe will be on Medicaid and then there will be some in the very low end with nothing, unless Florida agree's to the Medicaid deal.

Margin Call wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Oh snap!

Doesn't Obamacare cap profits for insurance companies?

No, but he is going to tax the hell out of them for each plan starting in the next year or so. Then it will be passed on to the consumer in their premiums. Well have to add to that in a sense he is with medical loss ratio each year. The 80-85% that's paid back if not paid out in claims.

whoops already see Chrissy answered this

When you look at it there are some out there with money that cannot buy insurance at any price right now because of pre existing and they will be able to afford the premiums.

I received a rebate of $126. My monthly insurance premiums went down $20. I have a state employee's group plan and our boss says there is no anticipation of it increasing. So much for ya'lls uninformed speculations.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Dreamsglore wrote:I received a rebate of $126. My monthly insurance premiums went down $20. I have a state employee's group plan and our boss says there is no anticipation of it increasing. So much for ya'lls uninformed speculations.

And, you expect anyone here to believe you because....?

You have to provide more proof than that. From what I've read over the years you don't have much credibility. Just sayin'...........

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:

Oh snap!

EDIT: However, I wrote over two years ago that premiums would rise significantly under the ACA [ObamaCare] due to the government subsidy that will be given directly to insurance companies. I suspect I will be proven correct.

This part of the ACA [ObamaCare] makes me sick. It never should have been allowed to happen without a cap on premium increases.

Please explain how that would work. The insurance company cannot refuse coverage for any pre-existing condition. So a customer can pay the fine until they NEED insurance as in accident or serious illness. Then you believe there should be a CAP on what the insurance company may charge for premiums.

Tell us, could you run your house that way?

Politics

Sebelius: Yep, ObamaCare is raising insurance costs

Some people purchasing new insurance policies for themselves this fall could see premiums rise because of requirements in the health-care law, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told reporters Tuesday.

Read more: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/03/26/sebelius-some-could-see-insurance-premiums-rise/?mod=rss_mobile_uber_feed

If the claims costs increase...what is the source for that money?

If you think premiums are only going up a small amount, you are already on your "medical" marijuana and you won't know the difference.

Companies can only go up a limited amount on older persons...this is a boondoggle similar to what you'd have if you gave your black AE card to your teen on their way off to college and said here, just use it for important things....

We are getting screwed and we won't even get kissed!

They either changed the plan on you dreams and raised the co pays and deductibles or your employer is paying more of yours or if small group could have gone down a tad this year, but I doubt it. But then again I thought this thread was all about individual plans and not group. Group rate increase's have not been that bad this year except in a few cases where the employee's of a group ran up thousands of dollars of medical bills. It will be the individual plans that will experience higher rates.

doubtingthomas wrote:They either changed the plan on you dreams and raised the co pays and deductibles or your employer is paying more of yours or if small group could have gone down a tad this year, but I doubt it. But then again I thought this thread was all about individual plans and not group. Group rate increase's have not been that bad this year except in a few cases where the employee's of a group ran up thousands of dollars of medical bills. It will be the individual plans that will experience higher rates.

None of the above. I have State of Alabama BC/BS which is better than Fl. BC/BS. I pay $39 per pay period and it was $49.It may have been people weren't running up high medical bills but I got the $126 rebate months ago.

Alabama sucks.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Alabama sucks.

Yes, it does. Wouldn't live there again if they gave me a pension and a free house but their health insurance is great.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Chrissy wrote:
but this doesn't mean they cant run up the cost and live large off that 20% LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOl

Always the pessimist. They can also reduce their expenses, become more efficient!

Margin Call

Margin Call

VectorMan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I received a rebate of $126. My monthly insurance premiums went down $20. I have a state employee's group plan and our boss says there is no anticipation of it increasing. So much for ya'lls uninformed speculations.

And, you expect anyone here to believe you because....?

You have to provide more proof than that. From what I've read over the years you don't have much credibility. Just sayin'...........

I know several people who have received rebate checks from their insurers due to ACA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum