Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

And Kerry is off to a roaring start "John Kerry defends Americans’ ‘right to be stupid’ a day after inventing country named Kyrgyzstan

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This is going to be entertaining to watch over the next few years. I'll bet Leno can't wait to see the daily Kerryisms.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/26/john-kerry-in-america-you-have-right-to-be-stupid/

Sal

Sal

Mr. Kerry, while speaking in Berlin on Tuesday, asserted that in the United States “you have a right to be stupid if you want to be.”

You're ridiculing him for defending your right?

Ingrate.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He didn't "invent" the country; he just flubbed the name. There IS a country named Kyrgyzstan.

Floridatexan wrote:He didn't "invent" the country; he just flubbed the name. There IS a country named Kyrgyzstan.

I should have included a link - the headline didn't show Paul Harveys "The Rest of the Story"

"Kerry Confuses Poor Kyrgyzstan with Rich Kazakhstan by Naming it Kyrzakhstan

UK Telgraph Reports: In an embarrassing slip of the tongue, Mr Kerry last week praised US diplomats working to secure “democratic institutions” in the Central Asian country, which does not exist. The newly minted diplomat was referring to Kyrgyzstan, a poor, landlocked nation of 5.5 million, which he appeared to confuse with its resource-rich neighbour to the north, Kazakhstan.
The State Department kindly omitted the error in the official transcript of Wednesday’s speech, which Mr Kerry delivered on the eve of his first foreign trip as secretary of state. Mr Kerry’s flub was all the more awkward, because Kyrgyzstan is a key ally in the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan and a major recipient of US aid, which totalled $41 million (£27 million) in 2011."

Whatever, I just think this will be an amusing few years with him stomping on his tongue all over the world.

I've been there, but I bet Kerry "the Ketchup man" has not and I have been to Khazakstan as well, just briefly though.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I've been there, but I bet Kerry "the Ketchup man" has not and I have been to Khazakstan as well, just briefly though.

His defense will be he actually said it correctly before saying it incorrectly...Come on give him a break.....he was in the Senate...you expect them to know what's going on?....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum