Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Kerry Confirmed as Secretary of State

+4
Slicef18
Joanimaroni
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

According to CNN, the vote was 94-3, so most Republicans voted for it.

Here is the article:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/29/kerry-confirmed-by-senate-colleagues-as-secretary-of-state/?hpt=hp_t1

Next up: Chuck Hagel as SECDEF.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

GOP sold out. Kerry sucks as much as Hagel. The Skull and Bones boys get more power.

knothead

knothead

Well they did not 'swift boat' him this time at least. . .. .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Well they did not 'swift boat' him this time at least. . .. .

Will he move his boat from Rhode Island to Massachusetts and pay his luxury tax...the tax he has been avoiding?

He wasn't trying to be POTUS.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He wasn't trying to be POTUS.

He believes in those that have benefitted to pay their fair share...well all but him...

7John Kerry Confirmed as Secretary of State Empty John Kerry Confirmed 2/1/2013, 7:37 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Good choice. he's well thought of around the globe.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah if he can fake this as well as he did his tour in nam he will do alright....

Slicef18 wrote:Good choice. he's well thought of around the globe.

For this moment..... remember how the Muslim nations rejoiced with Obama becoming POTUS? They don't think that way now. Aside from that, who cares what OTHER nations think about us. With your logic, we should confirm Hagel because Iran thinks highly of him.

2seaoat

we should confirm Hagel because Iran thinks highly of him.

Thats the smokescreen. Nope. People are scared to death what this man will do with Defense cuts. He does things without worrying about what people think. He will do to the Department of Defense bloated Budget what Romney did to American factories.....they will disappear. He will be the President's hatchet man who extracts political capital for those who supported the president and those bases in those districts......and there will be no hell like a scorned President for the sorry SOBs who have bases in their districts......it is the Chicago way and Hagel is bringing a gun to a knife fight.

2seaoat wrote:we should confirm Hagel because Iran thinks highly of him.

Thats the smokescreen. Nope. People are scared to death what this man will do with Defense cuts. He does things without worrying about what people think. He will do to the Department of Defense bloated Budget what Romney did to American factories.....they will disappear. He will be the President's hatchet man who extracts political capital for those who supported the president and those bases in those districts......and there will be no hell like a scorned President for the sorry SOBs who have bases in their districts......it is the Chicago way and Hagel is bringing a gun to a knife fight.

He is an idiot. He is antisemitic. He supports Iran and their intentions. Iran has endorsed him. I'm tired of hearing how he was in Nam and was in combat and that makes him qualified to run the Pentagon. Combat experience from 50 years ago is not applicable to the position he is trying to get unless the SECDEF is going to strap on Level 4 body armor, tote a peashooter, and start patrolling Helmand Province any time soon.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:we should confirm Hagel because Iran thinks highly of him.

He is an idiot. He is antisemitic. He supports Iran and their intentions. Iran has endorsed him. I'm tired of hearing how he was in Nam and was in combat and that makes him qualified to run the Pentagon. Combat experience from 50 years ago is not applicable to the position he is trying to get unless the SECDEF is going to strap on Level 4 body armor, tote a peashooter, and start patrolling Helmand Province any time soon.

So he's a perfect fit for this adminstration?...So you're not undecided?...

Sal

Sal

I don't really care if Hagel gets confirmed or not. Although I did enjoy what I watched of the hearing, he didn't impress me much.

The Repukes are in something of a pickle here.

Confirm him, and he'll make a habit of poking the neocons in the eyes.

Filibuster him, and highlight just how unreasonable and intransigent the Repukes have become (not to mention kick Harry Reid in the balls for not getting some sort of real reform).

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I like the way the R's, especially Lindsay Graham, keep asking Hagel to declare his allegiance to Israel. Should that allegiance be to the USA?

As for Kerry, I'm happy for him and I think he'll be a leader as SOS just like his predecessor. Teo, would you like to elaborate on Kerry's "fake" TOD? I greatly admire him for standing against the war, as many of his fellow soldiers did, after completing his service.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
I like the way the R's, especially Lindsay Graham, keep asking Hagel to declare his allegiance to Israel. Should that allegiance be to the USA?

As for Kerry, I'm happy for him and I think he'll be a leader as SOS just like his predecessor. Teo, would you like to elaborate on Kerry's "fake" TOD? I greatly admire him for standing against the war, as many of his fellow soldiers did, after completing his service.

Hagel does NOT need to declare allegiance to Israel..... His allegiance should be solely to the United States alone. Gawd I hope he gets confirmed and that he and Obama put U.S./Israeli relations in the deep-freeze during the next four years. It is about time we run our own country without interference from that pesky "ally."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum