Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the meaning of LIFE

+8
Captn Kaoz
Hospital Bob
Sal
surfnrg
Yella
2seaoat
cool1
Margin Call
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What is the meaning of LIFE Empty What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 8:36 pm

Really, why are we here?

Do you think we are just objects created from dirt with no real purpose, that will just lead a life and then poof, its gone.

Or do you think there is some meaning to our existance? Something we are trying to learn perhaps?

I ask myself this question often, asked it on the way home today actually.

I said to self: What are you doing? You get up every day and go to work and you provide a good home for your offspring. And then i said to myself, almost all your off spring is grown, what will you do with yourself? I had no answer. I have lived my entired life providing for others. And i have no clue of how to provide for myself.

What lesson if any am I supposed to learn here? Is there one? Or am I just asking questions that mean absolutly nothing because really im just a dirt dobber on the face of the earth trying to get a mud hut.

2What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 8:45 pm

I think life is a hamster wheel these days. We strive to earn and accumulate a fiat currency. We are insects.

3What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 8:47 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Stop trying to figure out the impossible....just be a decent person.

4What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 8:55 pm

cool1

cool1

Really, why are we here?

Do you think we are just objects created from dirt with no real purpose, that will just lead a life and then poof, its gone.

I feel that way right now Rolling Eyes

5What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 9:12 pm

Margin Call wrote:Stop trying to figure out the impossible....just be a decent person.

i am a decent person

This may come as a surprise to you and many, but just about everyone who knows me, would say I am a very decent sacraficing loving individual.

I desire to think about the impossible. So I wont stop thinking about it.

I feel if I stop thinking about it, then I am no longer growing but just waiting for old age to set in and take me away to the dust bin.

Im not done yet. I'm just begining.

There's something more than this and its calling me.

6What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:01 pm

2seaoat

I am not much concerned about meaning......I am simply grateful.

7What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:09 pm

All you've accumulated is an illusion.

8What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:15 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

2seaoat wrote:I am not much concerned about meaning......I am simply grateful.

Amen.

"Not unless I know how much I'm supposed to enjoy each sandwich."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Mirkd3CT4

9What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:25 pm

Lol... What happens if your money becomes worthless¿ I'm not dreaming up something that hasn't happened before.

10What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:35 pm

Someone just gave me a song to help me with this question.

I hope we all find it. You cant buy it. Love ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTG-bCMG05E

I'm getting closer every day to knowing why I am here.

11What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:40 pm

Yella

Yella

We are evolving. Everything changes but change.

"Birth and death are the same, and Heaven is the time between,"
Lao-Tzu

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

12What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:54 pm

Yella wrote:We are evolving. Everything changes but change.

"Birth and death are the same, and Heaven is the time between,"
Lao-Tzu

Life is your chance to evolve without hatred or bias {Chrissy}

13What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 10:58 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

What is the meaning of LIFE Image_zps9b013f5e

14What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 11:00 pm

Sal

Sal

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow ...

- Jerry Garcia

15What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 11:07 pm

surfnrg wrote:What is the meaning of LIFE Image_zps9b013f5e

That says it all right there..

16What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 11:23 pm

That still doesn't excuse recognizing when you're being ripped off... there is no basis for the thing we work for.

It's created out of thin air because of a thousand progressive cuts... but have a nice day anyway.

17What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/19/2013, 11:34 pm

PkrBum wrote:That still doesn't excuse recognizing when you're being ripped off... there is no basis for the thing we work for.

It's created out of thin air because of a thousand progressive cuts... but have a nice day anyway.

You are correct..

You can not rob a man and expect him to call it charity, for you have robbed him of the honor of charity.

How many of us know "true" charity?

I digress, is life charity, is its purpose to understand it? If it is, it doesnt lie with the robber, its within us as humans.

If we pass on our duty of providing charity to a entity then we have failed. If that is the purpose.

If the purpose is to be happy, we should tread softly, because happy is defined by many in a very different way. I dont think we would evr agree on that one as a species.

18What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 12:01 am

If you and your family die due to bad decisions I don't really see tragedy... that is natural selection.

I'm not happy about it... but I may learn from it.

Now if you have done every thing right and through no fault of your own come upon bad fortune... I'd gladly give charity.

But there is no justice when the very basis of charity is robbed from the generous and thieved to the undeserving.

Beyond that the "gold" is not even gold... it has been subverted and rendered worthless. We just don't know it yet.

19What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 12:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sage,

What the meaning of life is... is you asking the questions you're asking.

There is no more profound meaning and none is called for. And none is even needed if you can accept that.
But it's not easy to accept. Nobody ever said it was gonna be easy, just that somebody had to do it (namely all of us). lol

20What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 1:03 am

What is the meaning of LIFE Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYexSAKSA1rK-ZJFV7Pi7colaQKgQahgc0GbmXYlQvypmLxi5kPw

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjxWfyxpqY

Very Happy

21What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 9:08 am

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (42)

22What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 9:49 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I may not know the meaning but in my case a sense of awe and wonder helps make the journey exciting and well worth the price of admission...but then i am a conspiracy theorist.

Ya know perhaps because men love to fight and kill so much life may be a spiritual battle manefested in clay figurines (us) and fought like a chess game to see who wins. Once that is established the enities will erase the board and play a new game. Like they did with the dinosaurs.

23What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 7:15 pm

Lurch wrote:
surfnrg wrote:What is the meaning of LIFE Image_zps9b013f5e

That says it all right there..

I still miss him.

"...life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."

From Beautiful Boy...J. Lennon

Cue the stalking troll with another obtuse attempt to remind me he's still following me around with a knife.

Last edited by W_T_M on 2/20/2013, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

24What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 8:38 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

The meaning of life:

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Looks like a "used to be" drunken idiot gave me a neg on a conan the barbarian quote. The drunken may have went away but the idiot still lingers on.

Last edited by Ghandi on 2/20/2013, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

25What is the meaning of LIFE Empty Re: What is the meaning of LIFE 2/20/2013, 9:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghandi wrote:The meaning of life:

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Is that the same meaning of life Jesus taught? Or are you one of those godless atheists who doesn't believe in Jesus? Someone who doesn't believe in the christian religion that our country was founded on?
If not, doesn't that make you liberal and unpatriotic? lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum