Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horse meat found in Europe's beef.

+3
Sal
Yella
Slicef18
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Slicef18

Slicef18

The American news media has been running this story Ad nauseam. The reality is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating horse meat. Horse meat was common fare for the early Americans. The only negative of eating horse meat is that it doesn't have as much flavor as beef.

It makes a nice slowly cooked roast... carrots, potatoes, celery... nice meal.

Yella

Yella

This would have been very disturbing when I was a kid. Man, the thought of eating Champ or Trigger or Silver would have been too much to handle.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hell... I'd eat you if it came down to it. I'm thinking I'd need some xtra onions and garlic tho.

What a Face

Slicef18 wrote:The American news media has been running this story Ad nauseam. The reality is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating horse meat. Horse meat was common fare for the early Americans. The only negative of eating horse meat is that it doesn't have as much flavor as beef.

actually what I have heard is there are certain hormones they use in horses that should not be for human consumption.

I love horses and find this digusting, but Id agree that they are eatible Crying or Very sad

But whatever those hormones are is curious.

Yella

Yella

PkrBum wrote:Hell... I'd eat you if it came down to it. I'm thinking I'd need some xtra onions and garlic tho.

What a Face

What kind of a lowdown varmint would eat a pore little defenseless dawg?

silent

Yella wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Hell... I'd eat you if it came down to it. I'm thinking I'd need some xtra onions and garlic tho.

What a Face

What kind of a lowdown varmint would eat a pore little defenseless dawg?

The hungry kind?

Did you hear that they found the first signs of the domestication of dawgs last year? They found bones from 9500 years ago that indicated human cohabitation with canines... unfortunately some of the bones were chewed on a bit.

Sal

Sal

Dogs are the only animal that CHOOSE to live in direct contact with humans.

And, cats suck.

That is all.

What a Face

Horse meat found in Europe's beef. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0d9m9C5wgXh3fLDN52hCfJXmdgmg88ZQ-PpAiTvmmEvsIb-_cFA

Might need some tenderizing too. Probably a bit tough and stringy.

Do you have a good crock pot?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

What a Face

I was thinking pressure cooker.

Horse meat found in Europe's beef. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6PgqWn0UqlZ--nUs9kZF-oi93WJEYkUlohYwI59JCrJnEx4qHBQ

I hear ya'! That should make it nice and tender.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

Laughing

Slicef18 wrote:The American news media has been running this story Ad nauseam. The reality is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating horse meat. Horse meat was common fare for the early Americans. The only negative of eating horse meat is that it doesn't have as much flavor as beef.

....and you cannot get MAD COW disease from it either!!!!!!!!!Very Happy

How can yall eat a horse.

Horse meat found in Europe's beef. Horse_11

Save a horse, ride a cowboy Wink

Some of the best hamburgers I've ever had were from horsemeat, but then again would you call them horseburgers? Actually this was many, many years ago at a small chain of hamburger joints in my hometown. They did get caught and shut down by the health department at this time, but they did have the best in town. You could also get a side of hoofs with them.

Walmart has the most awful smelling hambuger meat. It's not rotten but it has a smell I can't stomach. I threw out a panful recently when I was making spaghetti.

cool1

cool1

No to horse meat!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. Burrito supreme from taco bell.

Slicef18

Slicef18

cool1 wrote: No to horse meat!

Other meats to eat. Squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, wild boar, dove, quail, and pigeon. Who do you suppose was the first person to point at a chicken and say,"Let's eat the first thing that comes out of it's butt?"

Slicef18 wrote:
cool1 wrote: No to horse meat!
Who do you suppose was the first person to point at a chicken and say,"Let's eat the first thing that comes out of it's butt?"

probaly a caveman.

Yella

Yella

Ghandi wrote:I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. Burrito supreme from taco bell.

I'm so hungry I could eat a dead possum through a picket fence.

Texas exclamation of hunger

NaNook

NaNook

50% horse meat, 50% beef is a great burger. They taste like the Burgers we used to buy, before USDA inspections. Especially at WoolWorths, the best food counter in the world.

In regards to the USDA inspectors...........sipping coffee/tea 7 hours a day.

Did they catch the Kangaroo meat at McDonalds? Go figure.......

surfnrg

surfnrg

NaNook wrote:50% horse meat, 50% beef is a great burger. They taste like the Burgers we used to buy, before USDA inspections. Especially at WoolWorths, the best food counter in the world.

In regards to the USDA inspectors...........sipping coffee/tea 7 hours a day.

Did they catch the Kangaroo meat at McDonalds? Go figure.......

And the POINT of the story is they did not TELL ANYONE that horse meat was being used. People should be able to choose.

If you eat red meat in this country from a grocery store you really don't know what you are eating either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum