Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chinese Donkey Meat Recalled at Wal-Mart After it is Found to Contain Fox

+2
dumpcare
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Headline of the day ....

Chinese branches of Wal-Mart have been forced to recall batches of donkey meat after it was found to contain fox.

The US company has apologised and said it would reimburse shoppers in China who bought the “Five Spice” donkey product, which tests showed contained the DNA of other animals.

According to local news reports, the problem was first brought to the attention of food standards officials when a customer, identified only by his surname Wang, found the so-called donkey meat looked, smelled and tasted strange.

He sent the product to a testing institute, and the Shandong Food and Drug Administration later announced that it contained fox meat.

Wal-Mart said it has launched an investigation into the incident, adding that the manager at a supplier’s factory had already been detained.

“We are deeply sorry for this whole affair,” said Wal-Mart's China president and CEO, Greg Foran. “It is a deep lesson that we need to continue to increase investment in supplier management.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/chinese-donkey-meat-recalled-at-walmart-after-it-is-found-to-contain-fox-9033922.html

Damn it!!  There goes supper.  Looks like Taco Bell for me
Chinese Donkey Meat Recalled at Wal-Mart After it is Found to Contain Fox  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAPYt1YAZv-CPw82N8zHNUKZ7FcCCRZgOC_bvjVm5qYsVg-_FQ

dumpcare

So a guy name WANG wanted real Donkey meat? I figure if you're gona eat donkey you can eat fox.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What's next?  Are they gonna put skunk in the buzzard meat too?
It all sounds like road kill to me.
Those chinks must have strong stomachs.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Damn it!!  There goes supper.  Looks like Taco Bell for me

Chinese Donkey Meat Recalled at Wal-Mart After it is Found to Contain Fox  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAPYt1YAZv-CPw82N8zHNUKZ7FcCCRZgOC_bvjVm5qYsVg-_FQ

Actually that looks more like Taco Bell that couldn't stay on somebody's stomach.  lol

I've spent alot of time outdoors... and about a month ago was only the second time I ever saw a fox in the wild.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

They have Wal-Marts in China?

Chinese Donkey Meat Recalled at Wal-Mart After it is Found to Contain Fox  383839-Wal_Mart_China
About Walmart China

Walmart entered the Chinese market and opened its first Supercenter and Sam’s Club in Shenzhen in 1996. Currently, Walmart operates a number of formats and banners in China including Supercenters, Sam’s Clubs, and Neighborhood Markets. As of February 28, 2013, Walmart operated more than 390 units in over 150 cities in 21 provinces, autonomous regions and 4 municipalities, and had created approximately 100,000 job opportunities across China.

Walmart China firmly believes in local sourcing. We have established partnerships with nearly 20,000 suppliers in China. Over 95% of the merchandise in our stores in China is sourced locally. In addition, Walmart is committed to local talent development and diversity, especially the cultivation and full utilization of female staff and executives. 99.9% of Walmart China associates are Chinese nationals. All our stores in China are managed by local Chinese. Furthermore, over 60 percent of Walmart China associates are female and about 40% of those are at management level. In 2009, the company established the “Walmart China Women’s Leadership Development Commission” for driving women’s career developme

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 1/2/2014, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I've spent alot of time outdoors... and about a month ago was only the second time I ever saw a fox in the wild.

For a long time there was a den of foxes living in the little bit of woods left in the Holy Cross Cemetery property in East Hill.
About a year ago, I was riding down Blount St early going to the first yard sales that were opening. When I got to the corner of 12th Ave and Blount, there was a fox running down the middle of 12th Ave with a housecat in it's mouth. I had to do a double take but after I rubbed my eyes it was still there.

For those who don't live in P'Cola, this is all right in the middle of an urban area.

Yella

Yella

Sal wrote:Headline of the day ....

Chinese branches of Wal-Mart have been forced to recall batches of donkey meat after it was found to contain fox.

The US company has apologised and said it would reimburse shoppers in China who bought the “Five Spice” donkey product, which tests showed contained the DNA of other animals.

According to local news reports, the problem was first brought to the attention of food standards officials when a customer, identified only by his surname Wang, found the so-called donkey meat looked, smelled and tasted strange.

He sent the product to a testing institute, and the Shandong Food and Drug Administration later announced that it contained fox meat.

Wal-Mart said it has launched an investigation into the incident, adding that the manager at a supplier’s factory had already been detained.

“We are deeply sorry for this whole affair,” said Wal-Mart's China president and CEO, Greg Foran. “It is a deep lesson that we need to continue to increase investment in supplier management.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/chinese-donkey-meat-recalled-at-walmart-after-it-is-found-to-contain-fox-9033922.html

A friend of mine was hunting in east Texas and stopped at a cabin in the middle of the woods for directions. He said there was an old man in the front yard cooking meat in a frying pan over a charcoal grill. He asked what kind of meat it was.The old guy said it was hawk. This blew his mind and then he asked what it tasted like. The old man said, "Well, sonny, it tastes kinda like owl."

So the Chinese like donkey.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

dumpcare

Well look at it this way yella, a little bit of ass once in a while never hurt anyone.

Yella

Yella

ppaca wrote:Well look at it this way yella, a little bit of ass once in a while never hurt anyone.

It can sure get you in trouble sometimes though.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yup you are what you eat...

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Mr Ichi wrote:Chinese Donkey Meat Recalled at Wal-Mart After it is Found to Contain Fox  383839-Wal_Mart_China
About Walmart China

Walmart entered the Chinese market and opened its first Supercenter and Sam’s Club in Shenzhen in 1996. Currently, Walmart operates a number of formats and banners in China including Supercenters, Sam’s Clubs, and Neighborhood Markets. As of February 28, 2013, Walmart operated more than 390 units in over 150 cities in 21 provinces, autonomous regions and 4 municipalities, and had created approximately 100,000 job opportunities across China.

Walmart China firmly believes in local sourcing. We have established partnerships with nearly 20,000 suppliers in China. Over 95% of the merchandise in our stores in China is sourced locally. In addition, Walmart is committed to local talent development and diversity, especially the cultivation and full utilization of female staff and executives. 99.9% of Walmart China associates are Chinese nationals. All our stores in China are managed by local Chinese. Furthermore, over 60 percent of Walmart China associates are female and about 40% of those are at management level. In 2009, the company established the “Walmart China Women’s Leadership Development Commission” for driving women’s career developme

They had to have an American company come over to sell them the stuff they manufacture in China?

I never buy meat at Walmart. The last time I did a couple of years ago (hamburger) it had a smell that I can't describe. I threw it out.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I've spent alot of time outdoors... and about a month ago was only the second time I ever saw a fox in the wild.

For a long time there was a den of foxes living in the little bit of woods left in the Holy Cross Cemetery property in East Hill.
About a year ago, I was riding down Blount St early going to the first yard sales that were opening. When I got to the corner of 12th Ave and Blount, there was a fox running down the middle of 12th Ave with a housecat in it's mouth. I had to do a double take but after I rubbed my eyes it was still there.

For those who don't live in P'Cola, this is all right in the middle of an urban area.

That's something else... I wondered if a fox could take down or would take down a cat. They aren't much bigger.

They had to have an American company come over to sell them the stuff they manufacture in China?

They are some what new to system of capitalism. When I lived in Asia in the 60s most people did not have cars and lived in very small houses. They did not have the 1,000s of things that clutter our lives here in the U. S. You bought what you needed from a small local store and did not keep large supplies of anything. A concept that is some alien to us as we have to buy toilet paper in 48 roll packages. It was a much simpler life. But times have changed. It appears that they too are caught up in the wave mass consumerism.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum