Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My wife is beginning to worry that the disease is totally impacting my appetite and choices.......damn......chit on a shingle never tasted better.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Made with Carl Buddig chipped beef, I am sure....

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Images11

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Images12

When I was very young and it got close to the new pay period for my Dad, my Mom would occasionally make creamed chipped beef on toast when she needed to stretch the money they had remaining. It was not one of my faves. I did like creamed tuna on toast, however.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Made with Carl Buddig chipped beef, I am sure....

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Images11

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Images12

When I was very young and it got close to the new pay period for my Dad, my Mom would occasionally make creamed chipped beef on toast when she needed to stretch the money they had remaining. It was not one of my faves. I did like creamed tuna on toast, however.

One of our comfort foods.....used the jar of Armour Beef. We occassionaly had creamed tuna on toast...mom added green peas to make it look more appealing.

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie 4e553510

2seaoat

green peas to make it look more appealing.

My wife just brought the chipped beef with GREEN PEAS......I felt like I was in seventh grade again......Now you have me thinking that somebody has my camera on.......creamed tuna......gotta get that on my list.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Never had green peas in the chipped beef. Make sure you cut the toast...toast points make it look fancy.

Turn the nanny cam a little to the right.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

HOT CHIPPED BEEF DIP
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 (2 1/2 oz.) jar dried beef, cut in sm. pieces
2 tbsp. minced green onion
2 tbsp. diced bell pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
Mix all except pecans and put in casserole dish. Saute pecans in 1 tablespoon butter, then put on top of casserole. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

2seaoat

The peas were on the side, but I got a few in the Chipped beef. It is really strange that you mentioned peas.....they were great. My wife has been cutting the toast before bringing the plate......I have never had it this way, but actually it is great.....you can kind of stack the toast bits and get a nice mixture.......I do not think I could handle garlic on my chipped beef.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The peas were on the side, but I got a few in the Chipped beef.  It is really strange that you mentioned peas.....they were great.  My wife has been cutting the toast before bringing the plate......I have never had it this way, but actually it is great.....you can kind of stack the toast bits and get a nice mixture.......I do not think I could handle garlic on my chipped beef.

That recipe is for a hot chip beef dip. Nice in the winter with wheat thins.

2seaoat

That recipe is for a hot chip beef dip. Nice in the winter with wheat thins.

That sounds good.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It has been a couple of years since we made creamed tuna, but I also like peas with mine.

Do you guys remember the Peppridge Farm Puff Pastry Shells?

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Prdlar10

Creamed tuna was always good served over those.

One thing about today's tuna, however. The fishery is overfished and stressed, and the quality of fish that are canned cannot compare to the canned tuna of yesteryear. They now take fish they wouldn't touch back then.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It has been a couple of years since we made creamed tuna, but I also like peas with mine.

Do you guys remember the Peppridge Farm Puff Pastry Shells?

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Prdlar10

Creamed tuna was always good served over those.

One thing about today's tuna, however. The fishery is overfished and stressed, and the quality of fish that are canned cannot compare to the canned tuna of yesteryear. They now take fish they wouldn't touch back then.

You are right about the tuna quality. Even the solid white tuna.

I use those shells for creamed spinach.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

poof it's political...

I have become a chipped beef on toast junkie Sarah_palin_5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum