Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last visit with my mother

+2
Jake92
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Last visit with my mother - Page 2 Empty Re: Last visit with my mother 2/18/2013, 1:02 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I had an uncle that was like a brother to me. He became so fearful of death after his Mom and Dad passed (my grandparents) that he started drinking very heavily. He wanted to be drunk when the time came. He woke up early one morning sober, got a cup of coffee went into the living room. He went to sit down in his recliner missed the chair and never got up.... dead of heart failure....I heard a saying once...come to terms with death after that all things are possible...the other saying I like is a.. brave man dies but once but a coward dies a thousand times....

It's the pain I don't want. Heart attacks are painful.

It's regret I don't want.....pain, I will deal with it when it comes...

27Last visit with my mother - Page 2 Empty Re: Last visit with my mother 2/18/2013, 9:56 am

2seaoat

Can I ask why your filled w/ joy? I'm just curious.

Five years ago I was told that I had a malignant tumor in my left lung lobe and the entire lobe and tumor had to be removed. I knew that when I would awaken there was a high probability that I would be on a ventilator. I awoke slowly after 7 hours of surgery, and upon discovering that I could still breathe on my own........I decided at that moment, never to take a second of life for granted. I decided to celebrate every moment. I immediately began that journey. I asked the nurse in recovery about the bedpan. She replied with a question......the bedpan? Yes, I replied.......where is the bedpan. She explained that I will not need a bedpan.....that I am all hooked up.......I replied.....No I need to know where the bedpan was.........she left and got another nurse.....they both came over and were trying to explain that I will not need a bedpan......as I simply tapped my chest..........no, I answered......did doctor Carter leave the bedpan here. Joy is a state of mind, and sometimes it takes illness to become aware.

28Last visit with my mother - Page 2 Empty Re: Last visit with my mother 2/18/2013, 10:32 pm

2seaoat wrote:Can I ask why your filled w/ joy? I'm just curious.

Five years ago I was told that I had a malignant tumor in my left lung lobe and the entire lobe and tumor had to be removed. I knew that when I would awaken there was a high probability that I would be on a ventilator. I awoke slowly after 7 hours of surgery, and upon discovering that I could still breathe on my own........I decided at that moment, never to take a second of life for granted. I decided to celebrate every moment. I immediately began that journey. I asked the nurse in recovery about the bedpan. She replied with a question......the bedpan? Yes, I replied.......where is the bedpan. She explained that I will not need a bedpan.....that I am all hooked up.......I replied.....No I need to know where the bedpan was.........she left and got another nurse.....they both came over and were trying to explain that I will not need a bedpan......as I simply tapped my chest..........no, I answered......did doctor Carter leave the bedpan here. Joy is a state of mind, and sometimes it takes illness to become aware.

I got it,Seaoat.I understand. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum