Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police slam then hog tie a pregnant woman...because she was confused and scared....

+4
Floridatexan
Sal
Slicef18
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Dreamsglore wrote:

18 car lengths? what are you talking about? They would hit the cop car blocking the lane and possibly push that car into them.
If they hit the cop car then that would further slow the momentum. furthermore the distance of the cop car to the scene is likely an even greater gap, i grantee that cop car is parked and as such would offer even greater resistance.
as for the 18 car lengths it does appear that i was a bit off and its actually less at 50 mph.
http://www.gosafe.org/en/content/cms/education-for-drivin/know-the-law/stopping-distances/
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_188029.pdf

Floridatexan wrote:
Good God, how can you watch that video and come to the conclusions you did?
quite easily

Floridatexan wrote:
She had no place to pull over.
She could have taken the exit as instructed but instead veered away (you even see another car take the exit ramp) and went back into traffic. This changed it from a traffic stop for a violation (whatever violations she may have incurred, one was apparently talking on her cell phone while driving).

Floridatexan wrote:They TOLD her to get out of the car.
True, no dispute there

Floridatexan wrote:She charged no one.
False, when she exits the vehicle instead of just exiting she charges at the police until, (this is a bit of supposition on my part but what idiot would go towards a drawn gun) the officer draws his weapon (true it may have been drawn before but we don't see that part of the action as it is off camera).

Floridatexan wrote: Of course, they probably also searched her vehicle ILLEGALLY, unless she gave them permission from her supine position.
Meh i can't say, but most likely if she didn't give them permission, they may have had to impound and inventory the vehicle.

Floridatexan wrote: And WTH didn't they let her up off the ground for several minutes? There is NO WAY the police were right on this one...and I hope she gets her day in court, b/c, I don't care who she is, that was police harassment, pure and simple.
Well if she was scared she may have been hysterical, we don't know what she was saying to the officer who had her down on the ground. he may have been waiting for her to calm down, there are far too many variables to speculate on in that instance. And she will likely have her day in court when she is arraigned for her previous traffic violations and evading police (whatever the state calls it where this incident took place. )

Slicef18 wrote:We're making assumptions without knowing all the facts. We don't know if she's a foreigner who has limited English skills or taking medication that causing a hearing deficit.
True but the police have no way of knowing any of this that is why the objective reasonableness standard was set in Graham v. Connor. there is also the totality of circumstances which arise in this case as well. i put in two links to try and better explain these concepts.

http://www.laaw.com/howmuchforce.htm
http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/totcirc.htm

Slicef18 wrote:I was taught to exit the car in order to let the officer see I'm not carrying a weapon. Also it makes getting my drivers license from my wallet easier.
lol not a bad idea.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Show me the point on the video where this woman "charged" anyone. She barely moved. Maybe she couldn't hear because of the traffic going by. Maybe she had no idea why the police were trying to stop her. Why throw her to the ground? That was excessive force, unless...say, she had been involved in an accident...in which case they would have had probable cause to stop her with force. That's why I thought it could be a possible case of mistaken identity on the vehicle.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lucky they didn't mistake her for a Big black cop killer and shoot her to death. Thing is they would just cry "officer safety" and get away with it. Porkers.

Ironsights wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Good God, how can you watch that video and come to the conclusions you did?
quite easily

Floridatexan wrote:
She had no place to pull over.
She could have taken the exit as instructed but instead veered away (you even see another car take the exit ramp) and went back into traffic. This changed it from a traffic stop for a violation (whatever violations she may have incurred, one was apparently talking on her cell phone while driving).

Floridatexan wrote:They TOLD her to get out of the car.
True, no dispute there

Floridatexan wrote:She charged no one.
False, when she exits the vehicle instead of just exiting she charges at the police until, (this is a bit of supposition on my part but what idiot would go towards a drawn gun) the officer draws his weapon (true it may have been drawn before but we don't see that part of the action as it is off camera).

Floridatexan wrote: Of course, they probably also searched her vehicle ILLEGALLY, unless she gave them permission from her supine position.
Meh i can't say, but most likely if she didn't give them permission, they may have had to impound and inventory the vehicle.

Floridatexan wrote: And WTH didn't they let her up off the ground for several minutes? There is NO WAY the police were right on this one...and I hope she gets her day in court, b/c, I don't care who she is, that was police harassment, pure and simple.
Well if she was scared she may have been hysterical, we don't know what she was saying to the officer who had her down on the ground. he may have been waiting for her to calm down, there are far too many variables to speculate on in that instance. And she will likely have her day in court when she is arraigned for her previous traffic violations and evading police (whatever the state calls it where this incident took place. )

I can tell you from police procedure this was an excessive force. The woman was not resisting nor did she charge anyone. I am assuming they arrested her for evading a police officer which is far fetched and that is why she was cuffed. There was no reason to throw her on the ground for the cuffing. These cops are over zealous idiots.

You know,I had to watch it again and just noticed they they did hogtie her.She wasn't resisting.Why the hell did they do that? Totally uncalled for. Oh and that wasn't an exit.It was just another freeway.

Dreamsglore wrote:

I can tell you from police procedure this was an excessive force. The woman was not resisting nor did she charge anyone. I am assuming they arrested her for evading a police officer which is far fetched and that is why she was cuffed. There was no reason to throw her on the ground for the cuffing. These cops are over zealous idiots.
You obviously don't know police procedure since you question using the cop car as barricade, something that is taught to each and every cadet in the academy during their offensive driving course. Nice try though. And the reason is that you secure the threat and the situation, as stated before the police had no way of knowing if someone wasn't in the car and able to attack them while they were securing the woman. if she is down then she can't attack the officers while they try and pull out any other suspects in the vehicle which may have a gun and attempt to kill said officers. Granted that didn't happen in this situation but using your hindsight doesn't matter. As i posted before they use the objective reasonableness standard in these matters and what the officer have to take into account about the situation at the time of the situation.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You obviously don't know police procedure since you question using the cop car as barricade, something that is taught to each and every cadet in the academy during their offensive driving course. Nice try though. And the reason is that you secure the threat and the situation, as stated before the police had no way of knowing if someone wasn't in the car and able to attack them while they were securing the woman. if she is down then she can't attack the officers while they try and pull out any other suspects in the vehicle which may have a gun and attempt to kill said officers. Granted that didn't happen in this situation but using your hindsight doesn't matter. As i posted before they use the objective reasonableness standard in these matters and what the officer have to take into account about the situation at the time of the situation.

Yeah and besides all that few things make your dick harder than abusing a helpless woman under consent of the monopoly of force...your government.

Dreamsglore wrote:You know,I had to watch it again and just noticed they they did hogtie her.She wasn't resisting.Why the hell did they do that? Totally uncalled for.

She wasn't resisting then why was the officer having to fight to get the hand restraints on her?
As for the final restraint i have no idea on that one.
Dreamsglore wrote:Oh and that wasn't an exit.It was just another freeway.
And so the signs which said off ramp were what exactly?

I think cops and people who wear uniforms are sexy.

If people dont break laws, they wont have to deal with stuff like this.

problem in our society is demonizing our law enforcers who are trying to keep the peace. They face danger every day with ll those crack heads out there so they dont know who is a crack head.

yes some cops are crazy asses. prolly because they seen too much crazy assed shit from crack heads. just like many healthcare peeps get tired of seeing crack heads come into the ER for pain meds. Then they too become ruff and insensative.

we cant have a lawless society. we also cant have a society beaten down by laws.

people need to be wise to where they pick thier fights. or they may end up with laws that restrain all people in a police state. because many restrictive laws are put in place because of complainers.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Cops should be held to the same laws and standards as any concealed carry person...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Cops should be held to the same laws and standards as any concealed carry person...

cops should be punished when they go out of bounds of duty. just as any of us would.

But no, cops have a position to maintain the peace and they often put thier lives in danger to do so. I have relatives who are police. Trust me, they are not aweful. They are just trying to provide for thier families and they go out and get involved in situations a regular person would not.

I wouldnt want to have to do the job to be honest

No reasonable man would do that to a woman.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

As someone who went through the academy I can say you are totally full of it. Nowhere was it ever taught to block lane on a busy freeway to arrest somebody. In fact, it is stressed to never incur more injury by doing that. They could have pulled behind her. You make no sense what so ever in your assertions. If she is handcuffed she can't attack them either for crying out loud! There were no other suspects.Jesus! They could see that.

cool1

cool1

I think it wouldnt have gotten this bad if she would have listned --3 times they told her to turn around and she didnt! I would have turned aound the first time----I didnt see her charge at the cops , she didnt have to her actions were enough , she did not turn around!

As far as pulling over- instead of looking as though she were going to pull over she goes a few lanes to the left, That to the cops looks as though she is avoiding them.

Once they saw she was in no danger to them , They should have let her stand up at least, They didnt need to leave her on the ground like that.

I think you should just do what the law says when you get pulled over - I made a mistake by getting out of my car-the cop yelled get back into your car--scared me and it didnt take a half a second and my butt was back in the car----If I didnt listen and stood there and they had to tell me 3 times well then you get what you ask for thats the way I see it .

haha I would tell myself and her ---next time you will listen to law enforcement wont you! Laughing

cool1 wrote:I think it wouldnt have gotten this bad if she would have listned --3 times they told her to turn around and she didnt! I would have turned aound the first time----I didnt see her charge at the cops , she didnt have to her actions were enough , she did not turn around!

As far as pulling over- instead of looking as though she were going to pull over she goes a few lanes to the left, That to the cops looks as though she is avoiding them.

Once they saw she was in no danger to them , They should have let her stand up at least, They didnt need to leave her on the ground like that.

I think you should just do what the law says when you get pulled over - I made a mistake by getting out of my car-the cop yelled get back into your car--scared me and it didnt take a half a second and my butt was back in the car----If I didnt listen and stood there and they had to tell me 3 times well then you get what you ask for thats the way I see it .

haha I would tell myself and her ---next time you will listen to law enforcement wont you! Laughing

That's where you and I part ways. LE's job is not to punish you for not listening. They should have ticketed her for whatever they claim she did and went on.

Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:I think it wouldnt have gotten this bad if she would have listned --3 times they told her to turn around and she didnt! I would have turned aound the first time----I didnt see her charge at the cops , she didnt have to her actions were enough , she did not turn around!

That's where you and I part ways. LE's job is not to punish you for not listening. They should have ticketed her for whatever they claim she did and went on.

I think you and cool parted ways back when you were defending her nephews killer.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I think you and cool parted ways back when you were defending her nephews killer.

Just another example of your inability to comprehend things that are written. What did you say your IQ was?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Just another example of your inability to comprehend things that are written. What did you say your IQ was?

Not at all. I clearly seen where cool didnt want you to be the judge for her families situation. You would let the guy off the hook for leaving a person to DIE in the road. but thats just the way you are. your veiw is to teach kids not to be responsible. I wonder how you would feel if it was your son, again Ibet you would not have come online to a persons thread and said what you did. you see sometimes you old bag, it best to leave things alone and give your condolences.

im sure cool will forgive you though for defending her nephews killer

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Not at all. I clearly seen where cool didnt want you to be the judge for her families situation. You would let the guy off the hook for leaving a person to DIE in the road. but thats just the way you are. your veiw is to teach kids not to be responsible. I wonder how you would feel if it was your son, again Ibet you would not have come online to a persons thread and said what you did. you see sometimes you old bag, it best to leave things alone and give your condolences.

If Cool didn't want people's opinions then she wouldn't have asked for them but she did. Just goes to show again you can't comprehend what you read. And furthermore,if you had comprehended then you would have seen where I didn't condone what he did just that I didn't agree his should be tried as an adult because he's not. Yes, though, I do have sympathy for a 16 yr. old kid who made a bad decision at a traumatic time but then again I'm not a bitter old skank who wants to put kids in prison. If it were my son I would know what exactly happened rather than assumptions and judge accordingly. I still wouldn't want a 16 yr.old kid put in prison for an accident that was unavoidable and a poor reaction on his part.That's just me.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

If Cool didn't want people's opinions then she wouldn't have asked for them but she did. Just goes to show again you can't comprehend what you read. And furthermore,if you had comprehended then you would have seen where I didn't condone what he did just that I didn't agree his should be tried as an adult because he's not. Yes, though, I do have sympathy for a 16 yr. old kid who made a bad decision at a traumatic time but then again I'm not a bitter old skank who wants to put kids in prison. If it were my son I would know what exactly happened rather than assumptions and judge accordingly. I still wouldn't want a 16 yr.old kid put in prison for an accident that was unavoidable and a poor reaction on his part.That's just me.

so you just called all the people who wanted justice for her nephew bitter old skanks. how nice.

I havnt given an opinion on that topic btw dunce

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

so you just called all the people who wanted justice for her nephew bitter old skanks. how nice.

I havnt given an opinion on that topic btw dunce

Whatever "opinion" you give I'm sure it will be filled w/ poor spelling, no punctuation ,no capitals and ignorant. Spare us.

Markle

Markle

Slicef18 wrote:We're making assumptions without knowing all the facts. We don't know if she's a foreigner who has limited English skills or taking medication that causing a hearing deficit. I was taught to exit the car in order to let the officer see I'm not carrying a weapon. Also it makes getting my drivers license from my wallet easier.

Not what I was taught at all. They don't want you to get out. Just open your window, put your hands on top of the steering wheel. They'll stop walking to your car when they are behind the driver. Then just do as they ask.

Police slam then hog tie a pregnant woman...because she was confused and scared.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

Need to the whole footage of the incident and the woman doesn't look pregnant to me.

All I see is (1) failure to comply with a lawful order (on several counts), (2) lose of vehicle control (she went over the curve), (3) endangering (crossing the solid white lines at the off-ramp when she started evading), (4) evading (when she failed to get off at the off-ramp and re-entered traffic on the main highway), (5) resisting arrest (failure to turn around and struggling when the handcuffs were put on), and let's not forget the biggy... (6) probable cause (when she failed to comply with the lawful orders of law enforcement right off and attempted evading).

There's at least two police cars on the scene the moment she stops because there are 3-4 officers immediately present.

We do not know if the woman is wanted for something and if that's why they are chasing her. As far as we know she may have just murdered her husband.

If I was a acting law enforcement officer and had ordered someone turn around several times and they failed to comply I would have drawn my firearm and covered her, or the van (which is where my firearm would initially be pointed), also.

Note: The other officer did not have his firearm drawn.

We do not know if the woman is wanted for something and if that's why they are chasing her. As far as we know she may have just murdered her husband, robbed a bank, knocked over a convenience store, etc...

As for putting her on the ground the way they did each state, even cities, handles things differently.

The best advice is to do what the law enforcement officials tell you to do and file a law suit later if you feel you were treated poorly.

So unless more information is provided I'm siding with Ironsights on this.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum