Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The infamoust Rubio water sip. Was that weird?

+8
Hospital Bob
VectorMan
Floridatexan
knothead
Joanimaroni
Sal
Nekochan
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Was that weird?

The infamoust Rubio water sip.  Was that weird? I_vote_lcap47%The infamoust Rubio water sip.  Was that weird? I_vote_rcap 47% [ 9 ]
The infamoust Rubio water sip.  Was that weird? I_vote_lcap53%The infamoust Rubio water sip.  Was that weird? I_vote_rcap 53% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Was that weird?

Nekochan

Nekochan

His people should have had it set up better for him.

Sal

Sal

The Republicans should just stop doing rebuttals altogether.

It's always amateur hour, and someone's career inevitably takes a serious hit.

And, there's no upside.

The only thing that makes the news is the buffoonery.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

A rebuttal would never be necessary in a non-partisan speech.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:A rebuttal would never be necessary in a non-partisan speech.

It's your funeral.

Have at it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My funeral? President Obama is suppose to represent all the American people.

Since I did not watch the SOTU or the rebuttal I really have no idea. However, I do not see what the big deal is from taking a sip of water. I know I would if I were speaking an my throat got dry.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Since I did not watch the SOTU or the rebuttal I really have no idea. However, I do not see what the big deal is from taking a sip of water. I know I would if I were speaking an my throat got dry.

The problem is that he had to reach way, way over to grab the water bottle. It was very awkward and it's inexcusable that the people who set up his podium didn't do a better job.

Maybe they are Democrats!! Shocked

knothead

knothead

He seemed awkward to me like he was not comfortable with his task of explaining the GOP's vision which in itself would make anyone uncomfortable.

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:He seemed awkward to me like he was not comfortable with his task of explaining the GOP's vision which in itself would make anyone uncomfortable.

Yep.

It was just the same stale Republican bullshit memorized by rote from the same old playbook.

There was nothing new.

The water break was funny, but the lack of any substance is what's gonna hurt the GOP in the long run.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:The water break was funny, but the lack of any substance is what's gonna hurt the GOP in the long run.

Can't wait to see what Jon Stewart does with this one tonight.

What I find truly weird is the major fuss over this. Meanwhile back at the liberal nut farm, BHO gave a little speech that was warmed over campaign talking points and a few misleading statements. But I don't find that weird.....not after 6 years of listening to his nonsense.

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:What I find truly weird is the major fuss over this.

It was just something awkward and funny to laugh about in an otherwise boring nothing-burger of an address delivered by someone who is supposed to the savior of the GOP.

Meanwhile back at the liberal nut farm, BHO gave a little speech that was warmed over campaign talking points and a few misleading statements. But I don't find that weird.....not after 6 years of listening to his nonsense.

I don't see it that way.

I think Obama threw down the gauntlet.

He proposed a bunch of popular stuff that will be impossible to implement with the GOP controlling the House, and basically said, "See all of the nice things we could have if they'd just get out of the way."

I think we're going to see and hear a lot of this from him, and maybe the voters will move the GOP out of the way in 2014.

Sal wrote:

It was just something awkward and funny to laugh about in an otherwise boring nothing-burger of an address delivered by someone who is supposed to the savior of the GOP.

Meanwhile back at the liberal nut farm, BHO gave a little speech that was warmed over campaign talking points and a few misleading statements. But I don't find that weird.....not after 6 years of listening to his nonsense.

I don't see it that way.

He proposed a bunch of popular stuff that will be impossible to implement with the GOP controlling the House, and basically said, "See all of the nice things we could have if they'd just get out of the way."

I think we're going to see and hear a lot of this from him, and maybe the voters will move the GOP out of the way in 2014.

"Savior of the GOP" huh? Sounds like someone is doing a preemptive strike. Maybe the voters will move the current GOP members out. I hope so. Additionally I hope they move the current Dems out too. Won't happen but it's nice to think that maybe a bunch of new blood could actually work together.

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:

"Savior of the GOP" huh? Sounds like someone is doing a preemptive strike.

I was referring to this ...

The infamoust Rubio water sip.  Was that weird? Time_1

Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:

"Savior of the GOP" huh? Sounds like someone is doing a preemptive strike.

I was referring to this ...

Yes I have read the issue since I subscribe to Time. I don't see him as anything at this point except an attempt to correct some past GOP mistakes. He might just be too smart to fall into the trap.

I dont know about any savior for any party.

All I can say is I dont think many people out here got saved by the current savior.

also, what are we going to do start campaigning for the next election 4 years away now? Thats a little much dont you think?

facts are, your not going to kill the republican party. so stop drooling.

This isnt russia, yet.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:I dont know about any savior for any party.

All I can say is I dont think many people out here got saved by the current savior.

also, what are we going to do start campaigning for the next election 4 years away now? Thats a little much dont you think?

facts are, your not going to kill the republican party. so stop drooling.

This isnt russia, yet.

The Republicans appear to be in the midst of a civil war, so they apparently don't need any outside help. It's called lack of credibility. Maybe there's a faction of the R's that will survive, but rehashing the same old tired mantra won't do it. The R's just don't represent the interests of the vast majority of Americans, and that has been apparent since the early years of Reagan...but Bush the Younger allowed the financial sector to run amok by CUTTING government oversight, so few people can be convinced that R's in general don't want to do it all over again...witness the candidate in 2012.

So making a speech about government being too big is stale and partisan, as some have accused Obama of being, when partisanship is the order of the day, because the R's represent big business, big finance and the MIC. It would be political suicide to bite the hands that feed them.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Of all the important issues at hand, all the liberal media can come up with is Rubio reaching for a bottle of water and trying to make some sort of stink about it. What a load of BS!

Now Obama is out on the campaign trail. AGAIN! Maybe he'll qualify for another NPP for not doing absolutely nothing again. Idiot!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think this eliminates Rubio's credibility alltogether. If anybody listens to anything he has to say anymore, obviously they're as thirsty as he is and not to be trusted either.

knothead

knothead

nochain wrote:
Sal wrote:

I don't see it that way.

"Savior of the GOP" huh? Sounds like someone is doing a preemptive strike. Maybe the voters will move the current GOP members out. I hope so. Additionally I hope they move the current Dems out too. Won't happen but it's nice to think that maybe a bunch of new blood could actually work together.

New blood? Ya mean like that Ted Cruz that got elected to the Senate . . . . He is hardly an example of someone that could be worked with if ya know what I mean, he's an embarrassment.

knothead

knothead

VectorMan wrote:Of all the important issues at hand, all the liberal media can come up with is Rubio reaching for a bottle of water and trying to make some sort of stink about it. What a load of BS!

Now Obama is out on the campaign trail. AGAIN! Maybe he'll qualify for another NPP for not doing absolutely nothing again. Idiot!

I really enjoy remarks made above . . . . the bit about Obama campaigning AGAIN . . . . . followed up of course with IDIOT!!

Obama's approval is 52% . . . . . . Congress 12% . . . . OK? He has tried to work with those morons in the House and always gets nowhere so you know what Vectorman . . . . he goes to the people and over the heads of those who have chosen to sit on their hands . . . . . . so just who is the IDIOT here? I mean really . .

knothead wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Of all the important issues at hand, all the liberal media can come up with is Rubio reaching for a bottle of water and trying to make some sort of stink about it. What a load of BS!

I really enjoy remarks made above . . . . the bit about Obama campaigning AGAIN . . . . . followed up of course with IDIOT!!

Obama's approval is 52% . . . . . . Congress 12% . . . . OK? He has tried to work with those morons in the House and always gets nowhere so you know what Vectorman . . . . he goes to the people and over the heads of those who have chosen to sit on their hands . . . . . . so just who is the IDIOT here? I mean really . .

How's he doing with the senate? He seems to work most by executive order, mandate, and edict.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

How's he doing with the senate? He seems to work most by executive order, mandate, and edict.

Well pkr, he sure as heck is not perfect but he is trying to govern an ungovernable group and the people see that . . . .

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rubio is currently a great GOP candidate. His handlers will fuck it up as the election approaches....same Romney folks.

I love how this is the premise for political discussion in America:

The infamoust Rubio water sip.  Was that weird? RUBIO-IS-THIRSTY

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum