Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Live by the sword die by the sword applies to nations also..Ron Paul

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.the-free-foundation.org/tst2-11-2013.html

The warning that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" goes not only for individuals but for entire societies. It is a warning to all of us. A country or a society that lives with the violence of pre-emptive war in fact self-destructs.

Let us not forget that this endless war is brought to us primarily by the neo-conservatives who dominate foreign policy in both political parties and who never cease agitating for US military deployments overseas. Of course with very few exceptions they have declined to serve in the military themselves. These endless wars would not be possible, we should also remember, without the Federal Reserve printing the money out of thin air to finance our overseas empire. We are speeding toward national bankruptcy while at the same time turning the rest of the world against us with our aggressive foreign policy. Does anyone really believe this will make us safer and more secure?

Many who claim to support the military look the other way when the service-members return home broken in mind and body after years of deployments abroad. I served five years as a US military doctor in the difficult 1960s and even then saw some of this first-hand. During the 1960s the consequence of an unwise prolonged war tragically resulted in violence in our streets, and even students being shot by our military at Kent State University.

The truth is, killing strangers in unconstitutional and senseless wars causes guilt to the participant no matter what kind of military indoctrination is attempted. Those afflicted may attempt to bury the pain in alcohol or drugs or other destructive behaviors, but we see that only leads to more problems. It may not be popular to point this out, but it goes against human nature to kill a fellow human being for retaliating against those who initiate a war of aggression on their soil.

It wouldn't be too bad if our drones were hacked and sent to D.C...
Maybe we could start from scratch with some honest politicians..
I do know "honest politician" is an oxymoron that needs to be changed..

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Those who rail against Ron Paul for stating the obvious are desperately trying to justify the unjustifiable and perhaps keep their own blood stained hands clean...sorry it doesn't work that way...I been in a war of aggression and if you are honest you must agree with R.P..

2seaoat

It would be great if Americans did not use 75% of the world's energy and had military power to maintain our prosperity.....but then again I am a hypocrite who enjoys driving my car, heating my house, and cooling my house. Until I support energy efficiency which allows America to conserve our energy resources and we live peacefully and within modest standards, I sadly can justify the killing of those who threaten us. A better answer would be for all of us to work for energy efficiency, conservation, and investment in those resources which do not require us to be an empire to maintain our standard of living. However, when it is 99 outside and my AC is keeping me cool......well.......maybe I have sold my soul to the devil.

Ron Paul...?

Blind pig and acorns, etc...

No person can be wrong all of the time, even when he tries so hard.

W_T_M wrote:Ron Paul...?

Not true.. I thought a broken clock was right at least twice a day till I realized a slow one is always wrong..

Lurch wrote:
W_T_M wrote:Ron Paul...?

Not true.. I thought a broken clock was right at least twice a day till I realized a slow one is always wrong..

I'm gonna steal that one. LOL

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I have a very nice sword collection. Seriously. I do.
My last sword fight was less than two months ago.

Ghandi wrote:I have a very nice sword collection. Seriously. I do.

Was it good for the other guy? You seem rather happy about it.

Congrats on your new relationship.

Last edited by W_T_M on 2/11/2013, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

W_T_M wrote:

Was it good for the other guy. You seem rather happy about it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sword%20fighting

I always thought he was that way..

not that there's anything wrong with that.. What a Face

Lurch wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Was it good for the other guy. You seem rather happy about it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sword%20fighting

I always thought he was that way..

not that there's anything wrong with that.. What a Face

He says he collects them.

Sal

Sal

W_T_M wrote:

Was it good for the other guy? You seem rather happy about it.

lmao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum