Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOX NEWS: "If you're afraid of flying, you may want to book an Asian or Middle East carrier rather a U.S. airline."

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Says "The airlines were ranked based on the number of incidents where fatalities or minor accidents were involved over a 30-year period."

"All of these airlines, except for British Airways had no fatalities or destroyed aircrafts for the past 30 years"

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/01/10/world-safest-airlines-revealed/#ixzz2KalQNJmw

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Only problem is how do you take Finnish Air to Atlanta. You'll die on the US airlines before you ever get to Finland.

Also, as I read this, I'm reminded of wordslinger's thread about "what's wrong with America". Does this mean the folk at Fox News are anti-american and need to be deported to one of those furiner countries if they don't like it here?

As of June 2012, the Air Finland fleet consisted of three Boeing 757-200 aircraft with an average age of 18 years. They provided space for 219–235 passengers in an all-economy class cabin layout.[4

As of January 2011, Delta operates a fleet of more than 700 aircraft manufactured by Airbus, Boeing, and McDonnell Douglas.[4] The carrier operates the largest fleets of Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Airbus A330 aircraft of any US airline

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:As of June 2012, the Air Finland fleet consisted of three Boeing 757-200 aircraft with an average age of 18 years. They provided space for 219–235 passengers in an all-economy class cabin layout.[4
Well according to this it's current total fleet is 28 airliners (with 16 more on order).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnair#Current_fleet

But your point is still a valid one. A fleet of 28 airplanes is nothing compared to some US airlines. Delta's fleet totals over 700 airliners and U.S. Airways almost 600.
And Delta operates over 5000 flights every day.
So that makes any comparison of this kind with Finnair (and most all of the little airlines on that list) sorta meaningless.

However, British Airways fleet size is 256 so you could make an argument that it's safety record is more meaningful in comparison to the large U.S. airlines.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So considering all that, yes I think there's no doubt that Fox News is anti-american and the whole outfit needs to move to one of them commie or mooslim countries to see how they like it over there.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, among all my other personality oddities, I'm also an airliner crash buff. I've spent literally hundreds of hours reading about airliner crashes and watching tv shows and internet videos about them.

If anyone has seen the current movie "Flight", what happened to that airliner in the movie has some similarity to an incident which happened in real-life.
That was Alaska Airlines Flight 261.

Here's a 15 minute video that uses a dramatization to recreate what happened with Alaska 261. It is one of the most riveting things I've watched.
I guarantee you it will hold your attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFZ7Jy3YIE

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think the CIA only sabotages our planes...they have a hard time getting to those elsewhere.

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad wrote:As of June 2012, the Air Finland fleet consisted of three Boeing 757-200 aircraft with an average age of 18 years. They provided space for 219–235 passengers in an all-economy class cabin layout.[4

As of January 2011, Delta operates a fleet of more than 700 aircraft manufactured by Airbus, Boeing, and McDonnell Douglas.[4] The carrier operates the largest fleets of Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Airbus A330 aircraft of any US airline

Yes, Exactly!
I do know an aerospace engineer who used to refuse to fly on Continental Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum