Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody watch the Showtime series "Shameless"?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

It's about his family of five kids in Chicago ( I think) who's father is an alcoholic and the mother is bipolar.William H. Macy plays the father and is the worst example of a human being who ever lived. The kids all have to work to survive and is is the best show I've seen in a while. It comes on tonight.

catfriedlegs

I'll try to find a torrent of it and download it since I don't have cable TV. Thanks for the heads up on the show.

Dreamsglore wrote:It's about his family of five kids in Chicago ( I think) who's father is an alcoholic and the mother is bipolar.William H. Macy plays the father and is the worst example of a human being who ever lived. The kids all have to work to survive and is is the best show I've seen in a while. It comes on tonight.

We are addicted to that misery index. Frank is truly shameless, and his family are the most dysfunctional unit I've seen in a TV series. It has a beautifully horrible story line that is so richly fleshed out it just flows.

Do you also watch Justified...? It's also pretty darn good.

Yes! I love that show also. I'm surprised these shows haven't been nominated.

Dreamsglore wrote:Yes! I love that show also. I'm surprised these shows haven't been nominated.

It's worth it to watch each of them from the first episode, just for continuity...even though each episode has a stand alone quality.

WTM:

Did you see when Frank woke up in Mexico and had to put those cocaine bags up his butt to get across the border? M<y favorite scene was when the kids kicked him out and put him in the garbage can.

It was a really funny episode. Best line...? Hard to say.

He's in the bar trying to get a roof for the night and he starts asking one of the regulars who cuts him off with a no. Frank looks at him and says..."...I'll suck your dick...".

Yep...shameless.

The broken finger scene...??

The bi-polar mom spending the squirrel fund...the car thief boyfriend who is married to a drug kingpin's daughter so she can remain in the states...?

It's one gigantic riff after another.

W_T_M wrote:It was a really funny episode. Best line...? Hard to say.

He's in the bar trying to get a roof for the night and he starts asking one of the regulars who cuts him off with a no. Frank looks at him and says..."...I'll suck your dick...".

Yep...shameless.

The broken finger scene...??

The bi-polar mom spending the squirrel fund...the car thief boyfriend who is married to a drug kingpin's daughter so she can remain in the states...?

It's one gigantic riff after another.

I can't tell you what is the worst thing he has done because there are so many equally bad but when his mother was dying of cancer and he took the morphine needle off of her and put it in his own arm... ranked way at the bottom.

Sal

Sal

W_T_M wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:It's about his family of five kids in Chicago ( I think) who's father is an alcoholic and the mother is bipolar.William H. Macy plays the father and is the worst example of a human being who ever lived. The kids all have to work to survive and is is the best show I've seen in a while. It comes on tonight.

We are addicted to that misery index. Frank is truly shameless, and his family are the most dysfunctional unit I've seen in a TV series. It has a beautifully horrible story line that is so richly fleshed out it just flows.

I watch Justified under duress.

My wife likes the Marshall.

The acting is terrible, and I can tell you from personal experience, rural Kentucky is nothing like that.

Sal wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

The acting is terrible, and I can tell you from personal experience, rural Kentucky is nothing like that.

I like the characters in it and the marshal looks just like my ex -husband only he wasn't a federal marshal. He was a state agent.

Sal wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

I have to disagree on that point. It's an Elmore Leonard vehicle and his slightly over the top style is what makes it compelling. Like film noir, it takes poetic license with almost every situation possible.

It's campy as hell, and the Soprano's as hillbillies angle provides the dark humor.

But, to each his own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum