Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOX News: Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

+6
NaNook
Nekochan
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
Margin Call
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nekochan

Nekochan

othershoe1030 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:That woman was a guest on the show, not a Fox News person. How about you post about it every time a guest on CNN, MSNBC, etc says something stupid?

According to the clip this woman is employed by Fox Business Network. Not only does she tell us that Germany is a sunnier country than the U.S. but mentions that one of the benefits of "Nat gas" is that it is lower in CO2 emissions. That would appear to be an admission that there is a problem with CO2.

Maybe Fox is trying to compete with the Comedy Channel because segments like this are really a very sad joke.

Like I said, maybe y'all will post stupid comments by guests (or paid contributors) of other networks. Do you think that views expressed by paid contributors on MSNBC are always the views of MSNBC?

I sometimes watch Fox on Saturday mornings...their business/money shows. They have commentators on there that range from far right to far left. One of them will be saying that the Government needs to spend more to help the economy and then another one will say that the Government needs to stop funding anything.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Like I said, maybe y'all will post stupid comments by guests (or paid contributors) of other networks. Do you think that views expressed by paid contributors on MSNBC are always the views of MSNBC?

I sometimes watch Fox on Saturday mornings...their business/money shows. They have commentators on there that range from far right to far left. One of them will be saying that the Government needs to spend more to help the economy and then another one will say that the Government needs to stop funding anything.

The woman works for Fox. She is not some sort of independent guest but, rather, an employee of Fox. Feel free to stand corrected.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:Feel free to stand corrected.

Don't be silly.

This is Neko were talking about.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Like I said, maybe y'all will post stupid comments by guests (or paid contributors) of other networks. Do you think that views expressed by paid contributors on MSNBC are always the views of MSNBC?

The woman works for Fox. She is not some sort of independent guest but, rather, an employee of Fox. Feel free to stand corrected.

So what?
There are commentators of differing views working for all networks. My question remains--do you think that a guest OR paid contributor/employee always represents the views of the network? Can you answer this or must you try to act all superior?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Feel free to stand corrected.

Don't be silly.

This is Neko were talking about.

Boards cannot answer so maybe you can? Are the views of a guest, a paid contributor OR an EMPLOYEE of a network always the views of the network?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Here is a list of CNN contributors and employees. Do you think that everything that all of them say represent the views of CNN?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CNN_anchors

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:Since you brought it up... Please give us a comparison of these generous subsidies for oil/coal vs solar energy and the ergs of energy each produces for those subsidies.

You can do the same for oil/coal vs wind, bio-fuels, nuclear, and another clean energy source and let the viewers see how well their tax dollars are being used and which clean energy sources are most likely the best to invest in.

According to this study which tracked energy subsidies from 2002 to 2008, roughly $72 billion in subsidies were directed towards fossil fuels whereas roughly $29 billion in subsidies were directed towards renewable energy sources.

http://www.elistore.org/Data/products/d19_07.pdf

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:So what?
There are commentators of differing views working for all networks. My question remains--do you think that a guest OR paid contributor/employee always represents the views of the network? Can you answer this or must you try to act all superior?

The honest truth is I have no interest in discussing whether or not employees, paid contributors, or guests views represent those of whatever network. I only responded to your post in order to correct you when you said...

Nekochan wrote:That woman was a guest on the show, not a Fox News person.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:

The honest truth is I have no interest in discussing whether or not employees, paid contributors, or guests views represent those of whatever network. I only responded to your post in order to correct you when you said...

She was a guest on that particular show...it looked like their morning show with goofy Doocy. It was not a business show. I didn't know that she worked for Fox Business so you can call me corrected on that if it makes you feel superior and smarter and all that. But my question still remains that you are unwilling or unable to answer.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

She was a guest on that particular show...it looked like their morning show with goofy Doocy. It was not a business show. I didn't know that she worked for Fox Business so you can call me corrected on that if it makes you feel superior and smarter and all that. But my question still remains that you are unwilling or unable to answer.

It doesn't matter whether the network agrees with what this woman said or not. That is not the point.

The point from the original post was that the comment was totally upside down as far as hours of sunshine in Germany vs hours of sunshine in the U.S. She throws out this totally false piece of trash "information" as if that explains why Germany is so far ahead of us in the development of solar/clean energy. You know, gee, it isn't our fault, we can't help it, we don't get enough sun here. Total BS!

No one cares whether the Fox News Network agrees with her or not. It is just another example of the low standards they have for hiring people.

Why do these people have to run their mouths and try to sound like they know what they are talking about when it only takes a few minutes on line to discover if what they think might be true IS true or not?

Obviously they don't have enough respect for themselves, their careers or their viewers to go to the effort of researching their pin-headed opinions.

Thanks to Fox News and its expert commentators, millions of Americans now understand the real, hidden reason why Germany's solar-energy industry is so much further along than ours. Turns out it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany's government has long supported the industry far more generously, with policies like feed-in tariffs that stimulate investment in green technologies. No, the real reason is much simpler, explained a trio of journalists on Fox & Friends: It's always sunny in Germany!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

Nekochan

Nekochan

othershoe1030 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the network agrees with what this woman said or not. That is not the point.

The point from the original post was that the comment was totally upside down as far as hours of sunshine in Germany vs hours of sunshine in the U.S. She throws out this totally false piece of trash "information" as if that explains why Germany is so far ahead of us in the development of solar/clean energy. You know, gee, it isn't our fault, we can't help it, we don't get enough sun here. Total BS!

No one cares whether the Fox News Network agrees with her or not. It is just another example of the low standards they have for hiring people.

Why do these people have to run their mouths and try to sound like they know what they are talking about when it only takes a few minutes on line to discover if what they think might be true IS true or not?

Obviously they don't have enough respect for themselves, their careers or their viewers to go to the effort of researching their pin-headed opinions.

Thanks to Fox News and its expert commentators, millions of Americans now understand the real, hidden reason why Germany's solar-energy industry is so much further along than ours. Turns out it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany's government has long supported the industry far more generously, with policies like feed-in tariffs that stimulate investment in green technologies. No, the real reason is much simpler, explained a trio of journalists on Fox & Friends: It's always sunny in Germany!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

Othershoe, Other networks hire idiots too. That is my point. Not just Fox News.

It was a stupid, stupid comment she made. I think we can agree on that.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Nekochan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Othershoe, Other networks hire idiots too. That is my point. Not just Fox News.

It was a stupid, stupid comment she made. I think we can agree on that.

Yeah, we agree! Feel free to point out equally stupid comments on other networks. This could be a whole new genre. Hmm. I think there is probably a collection of stupid news clips on YouTube?

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Since you brought it up... Please give us a comparison of these generous subsidies for oil/coal vs solar energy and the ergs of energy each produces for those subsidies.

You can do the same for oil/coal vs wind, bio-fuels, nuclear, and another clean energy source and let the viewers see how well their tax dollars are being used and which clean energy sources are most likely the best to invest in.

According to this study which tracked energy subsidies from 2002 to 2008, roughly $72 billion in subsidies were directed towards fossil fuels whereas roughly $29 billion in subsidies were directed towards renewable energy sources.

http://www.elistore.org/Data/products/d19_07.pdf

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

That's only a partial answer to my question.

How many ergs of energy did each produce?

A dollar comparison of cost vs energy produced will tell us poor unenlightened posters a lot.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:How many ergs of energy did each produce?

A dollar comparison of cost vs energy produced will tell us poor unenlightened posters a lot.

No idea. And "cost" can mean many things. Economic? Environmental? Lives lost in the process of securing?

boards of FL wrote:

No idea. And "cost" can mean many things. Economic? Environmental? Lives lost in the process of securing?

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrXqR9-DZnguEV822Y0Lv8ux20I3BLQh686ScCCzPXP7DniKE2xg

I see... So you're trying to enlighten us poor souls without having all the information available.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=3khH9ih2XJg&NR=1

Smile

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrXqR9-DZnguEV822Y0Lv8ux20I3BLQh686ScCCzPXP7DniKE2xg

I see... So you're trying to enlighten us poor souls without having all the information available.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Nah. I just answered your question with respect to subsidies, and then offered the suggestion that perhaps defining 'cost' only in terms of dollars as a means of comparison is less than optimal.

Feel free to continue on with whatever point you were trying to make.

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Nah. I just answered your question with respect to subsidies, and then offered the suggestion that perhaps defining 'cost' only in terms of dollars as a means of comparison is less than optimal.

Feel free to continue on with whatever point you were trying to make.

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIIUGOZvLWl5bq97c1Z6G2zdovYLIOvHShqW8IZIx9hh4xHnWqqg

Nah! I'ma thinkin' my points already been made.

****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSuRk5DMJU

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Converting sunlight into electricity is not evil. It's not "liberal". It's not gay. And it is a helluva lot bigger than obama or fox news. When obama is long dead and those goofy professional mouth-runners on fox n friends are forgotten, the generations of the future will be using this technology.
Why? Because once it becomes practical, there will be a tremendous worldwide demand for it and the technology to make it a reality will make A LOT of money for the people and corporations who are developing and selling the hardware.
No different than all the advances in technology we've experienced before.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Bob wrote:Converting sunlight into electricity is not evil. It's not "liberal". It's not gay. And it is a helluva lot bigger than obama or fox news. When obama is long dead and those goofy professional mouth-runners on fox n friends are forgotten, the generations of the future will be using this technology.
Why? Because once it becomes practical, there will be a tremendous worldwide demand for it and the technology to make it a reality will make A LOT of money for the people and corporations who are developing and selling the hardware.

I always thought the anti-solar nimrods were latent homos (not that there's anything wrong..yada, yada, yada)...

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany - Page 2 My_carbon_footprint_is_bigger_than_yours_black_bumper_sticker-p128387425556628532en8y3_400

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Converting sunlight into electricity is not evil. It's not "liberal". It's not gay. And it is a helluva lot bigger than obama or fox news. When obama is long dead and those goofy professional mouth-runners on fox n friends are forgotten, the generations of the future will be using this technology.

Great points, Bob. Solar will one day be so big that people will be falling over themselves to use the technology. The advancements in solar technology in just the last few years have been huge. Solar Crossover occurs before 2020; perhaps even as early as 2015. That's when it becomes competitive with electricity generated from coal.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Margin Call

Margin Call

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Great points, Bob. Solar will one day be so big that people will be falling over themselves to use the technology. The advancements in solar technology in just the last few years have been huge. Solar Crossover occurs before 2020; perhaps even as early as 2015. That's when it becomes competitive with electricity generated from coal.

However, the pricing will probably resemble a cell phone data plan: cheap cost for the provider relative to the end-consumer pricing.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are ALL just a bunch of piss ants on the back of mother earth.

all your solar this and that

all your spend, tax crying, get with the world gov boo hooing

will NOT change a damn thing other than how much you pay.It WONT even change who gets RICH from it LOL

Get a grip. there is NO SUCH THING as MAN MADE global warming

and energy needs are very well taken care of.

I say since 50% of the population is liberal, then why isnt 50% of the population conserving thier energy and paying the BIG bucks to save the planet?

I call BS on the whole god damn thing. If you cant walk the talk, then shut the fuck up.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Chrissy wrote:NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will NOT change a damn thing other than how much you pay.It WONT even change who gets RICH from it LOL

I say since 50% of the population is liberal, then why isnt 50% of the population conserving thier energy and paying the BIG bucks to save the planet?

I call BS on the whole god damn thing. If you cant walk the talk, then shut the fuck up.

Hypocrisy from the Left nor your partisan constant changes reality.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Margin Call wrote:

My thoughts exactly. An I am not a global warming alarmist, either.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Margin Call

Margin Call

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

My thoughts exactly. An I am not a global warming alarmist, either.

Regional flooding and salt water intrusion is already commonplace in south Florida and the problem is increasing. I'm not an alarmist either...fast forward 20, 30, 40, 50 years....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum