Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do straight men watch Downton Abbey?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

catfriedlegs

I love this show but I never hear guys talking about it. Why is that? Do straight men not watch Downton Abbey? LOL

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes! My husband watches it. We both love it. Until Mad Men comes back on, it's my favorite show.

catfriedlegs

Nekochan wrote:Yes! My husband watches it. We both love it. Until Mad Men comes back on, it's my favorite show.

Whew! LOL

I hateeeeeeee Thomas! I was so glad when they got rid of him and then they went and brought him back. UFF.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, now O'brien has it in for him! Which is kind of a delicious twist!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Smithsonian Tours now has a Downton Abbey tour. Wouldn't that be fun!

http://www.smithsonianjourneys.org/tours/downton-abbey/

Last edited by Nekochan on 2/7/2013, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

catfriedlegs

Nekochan wrote:Well, now O'brien has it in for him! Which is kind of a delicious twist!

Crap...I am only on season 3 episode 2. I found seasons 1 and 2 at the PJC library on DVD and burned them to disc. Just downloaded season 3 and going to try and finish it this weekend. I am a latecomer to DA.
What's the old lady's name - the grandmother? Is her name Lady Grantham? I'm so terrible with many of the names on there. Love the grandmother.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Azadeh wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, now O'brien has it in for him! Which is kind of a delicious twist!

Crap...I am only on season 3 episode 2. I found seasons 1 and 2 at the PJC library on DVD and burned them to disc. Just downloaded season 3 and going to try and finish it this weekend. I am a latecomer to DA.
What's the old lady's name - the grandmother? Is her name Lady Grantham? I'm so terrible with many of the names on there. Love the grandmother.

Oh NO! Sorry! I didn't know you weren't up to date. Well, actually we're a season behind here in the US. The grandmother, Lady Grantham is my favorite character. I love that old gal.

catfriedlegs

Nekochan wrote:
Azadeh wrote:

Oh NO! Sorry! I didn't know you weren't up to date. Well, actually we're a season behind here in the US. The grandmother, Lady Grantham is my favorite character. I love that old gal.

She's great, isn't she? She has the best facial expressions.

Yep, I'm trying to catch up to season 4.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I love her facial expressions and her witty sayings. That family would be doomed without her, lol.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Do straight men watch Downton Abbey? Downto10

catfriedlegs

Was surprised to see this gal in season 3.

Do straight men watch Downton Abbey? Shirlm10

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, she brought some excitement to those tightly wound Brits.

catfriedlegs

Nekochan wrote:Yes, she brought some excitement to those tightly wound Brits.

She did. Perfect lady for the part.

Sal

Sal

I find all things British profoundly uninteresting.

I don't think it has anything to do with sexuality.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:I find all things British profoundly uninteresting.

Then you'd probably hate it.

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:I find all things British profoundly uninteresting.

Then you'd probably hate it.

I won't go far as to say "all things" but I certainly find MOST things British to be profoundly uninteresting. And Brit humor is just not funny to me either.

And I know my above opinions have nothing to do with sexuality.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The Monty Python kind of stuff...I absolutely HATE it. Hubby likes it, but I cannot stand it. Downton Abby is not at ALL like that or I wouldn't have watched more than 3 minutes of it, lol.

There are a few British shows I do like--On Netflix, there is Doc Martin and Luther. As for British comedies, I like the old TV show with the nosy old neighbor lady..Mrs Bucket--I can't think of the name of the show right now. It's very funny though.

And I like Mr. Bean. Smile

Azadeh wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Yes! My husband watches it. We both love it. Until Mad Men comes back on, it's my favorite show.

Whew! LOL

I hateeeeeeee Thomas! I was so glad when they got rid of him and then they went and brought him back. UFF.

Its good to see your finally hinting that you really are a man. I was wondering how long that would take. Do straight men watch Downton Abbey? Poke_m10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I don't know if the question is addressed to me since I'm both straight and not straight. But the straight part of me never heard of it so I can't say if I like it or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum