Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let me see if I get this straight.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Men freely by their own choice,  charge at each other like bulls and then collide head on.

And now they're injured and they've sued somebody else and collected almost a billion dollars from them because of it.

Must be an Onion report.

2seaoat

The settlement is a travesty. However, in order to meet the dire medical needs of those currently suffering, and before they pass without relief.......the powers to be representing retired players settled for this measly amount.

The question is: Does an employer who makes enormous profits over a game which requires collisions involving the head, where the employer had full knowledge of the long term medical needs of those employees, required to set aside some of those profits to compensate the employees for long term disability which may not manifest for a decade after leaving employment in the NFL.

I think this settlement is woefully inadequate, and equipment changes, and rule changes are required. Jim McMahon the funky QB for the Bears who got a DUI in Navarre, who is only just turned 50 needs to have his wife program the GPS so he can find his way home.........and people are getting hit right now because violent collisions sell football........nope this settlement should have been for much much more.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Let me see if I get this straight. Lf?set=path%5B9%2F8%2F5%2F2%2F9852389%5D%2Csizedata%5B450x2000%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:and people are getting hit right now because violent collisions sell football
And those people are still doing it even when they now know they're destroying their health.
I think when they keep doing that now, that it's only fair that they should sue the team owners because the team owners are not chaining them to the locker room to prevent them from doing it.
In fact I think they should sue you and me and obama and romney because we aint holding a gun to their heads and telling them not to do it either.
It can't possibly be their own fault for continuing to do it. You and I and everyone else is forcing them to do it. We should be ashamed.

I suffer today from playing high school football. My neck is a mess... my knees are barely hanging in... my low back is shot.

But I loved it. Given what I know now I wouldn't have done it and was wise enough not to play college football... but thems the breaks.

Gawd we're a wussified bunch of pansies these days. I can see covering medical costs per the existing contacts or renegotiated ones... but there should be no other compensation. They were big boys... suck it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum