Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you Ron Paul fanboys think about this?

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:but you need your little security blanket..I do understand...you don't want to live in that bad world.
Actually nothing could be further from the truth about me. I've said time and again since the first time I ever heard the conspiracy stories that I wish more than anything they were true. Because if they could actually be shown to be true, that would shake the foundations of this whole government and country and society to it's core.
Why would I want that to be the case? Because it would be one of (if not the) most amazing occurrences in the history of the country (and probably even the world) and living through the time it happened would be like witnessing the birth of christianity or witnessing the asteroid hit the earth that killed off the dinosaurs. It would make the civil war look like a page 10 story in comparison. In a word, what would ensue from that would be so exciting to watch that it would make my hair (what's left of it) stand on end.

Then all I can say is believe your eyes....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:H.L. Mencken, wrote: "I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time."

Oh he absolutely did say that. He also said "every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under".

But the part you're leaving out is he expressed exactly the same thing about your religious faith. So how can you trust his judgement about one thing when you have to totally dismiss his judgement about the other? lol

Last edited by Bob on 2/5/2013, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

riceme wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Jesse took too many hits in the ring...When reading this and other times when responses have been recorded that it's found that the original message was not from the individual given the credit...would really hope that Mr Paul is not responsible for this stupidity...

I agree with you... Jesse took too many hits in the ring, and pretty disappointing if Dr. Paul did in fact make that statement. But like I said, it's not like I'm going to denounce him over it or anything... everyone says stupid stuff sometimes. Apparently it's his turn, but oh what a poor subject and choice of words... ouch.

If I even knew how to get on Twitter, I would look it up to see if he really did say what he's quoted above as saying, but I don't monkey with that Twitter business and don't know how to fiddle with it, so I can't verify it for us.

And that's ONE of the problems with Twitter accounts...it will be posted as if (in this case) the words are from Ron Paul but many times politicans..entertainers etc., have staffs with access to their accounts in order to respond to issues immediately...Certainly would be more than just an error in judgement if he actually said this....

newswatcher wrote:

And that's ONE of the problems with Twitter accounts...it will be posted as if (in this case) the words are from Ron Paul but many times politicans..entertainers etc., have staffs with access to their accounts in order to respond to issues immediately...Certainly would be more than just an error in judgement if he actually said this....

I'll add "all social media" to your above statement and give it two thumbs up.

I looked it up last night (actually early this morning) before I caught a few Zzzz's and Dr. Paul's "people" say that he manages his twitter account by himself since he left office, but I could not find a quote directly from RP. Also, as I suspected, his son has distanced himself from the stench of this post and posted something seemingly in complete opposite to his father's post:

“Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time.”

Also appears that Dr. Paul has made some "kinder, gentler" statements on his FB account since the whole Twitter fiasco.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum