Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you seen what Ron Paul is saying?

+3
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually,  it's about his poppa Ron Paul.  Who is now predicting a coming financial armegeddon.  He's created this website and is promoting it with tv ads (I just watched one).
But Ron and Rand are joined at the hip and they're lockstep on everything.  So Rand would totally endorse this.  

http://ronpaulmessage.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rand isn't Ron Paul at all he's much more of a republican.......All of us that admire Ron Paul wish he were more like his dad.

The pattern has been that at the end of the second term there is some sort of economic downturn. Clinton the dot com crash... bush2 the great recession... and now obama that has ruled over unprecedented spending and money printing debt.

Sal

Sal

He's a grifter shilling for gold bugs and phony financial rags and pitching economic Armageddon.

Nothing to see here.

Sal

Sal

The sad thing is there are people eager to believe his nonsense.

It's about being so powerless and impotent in their own lives that they fill the void with this hogwash.

If you are a total loser in the game of life, but you have guns, ammo and your apocalyptic shelter in the backwoods filled with seeds, canned goods, gas masks, etc., you are hoping for Armageddon so that you will finally be a winner, the one everyone is envious of and whom everyone looks up to as being the smartest.

You'll go out and hunt for food, gun in hand, and the tables will be turned.

Maybe, you can even save a damsel in distress and finally get some.

The successful guy with the nice house, hot wife, good job, and nice car will have to beg you for food.

That's their fantasy, and the Ron Paul types are laughing all the way to the bank with it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:The sad thing is there are people eager to believe his nonsense.

It's about being so powerless and impotent in their own lives that they fill the void with this hogwash.

If you are a total loser in the game of life, but you have guns, ammo and your apocalyptic shelter in the backwoods filled with seeds, canned goods, gas masks, etc., you are hoping for Armageddon so that you will finally be a winner, the one everyone is envious of and whom everyone looks up to as being the smartest.

The successful guy with the nice house, hot wife, good job, and nice car will have to beg you for food.

That's their fantasy, and the Ron Paul types are laughing all the way to the bank with it.

You'll have to admit,  teo, that even if your politics is totally opposite from that of Sal,  he does have a way with words.  lol

But no,  I don't think Ron Paul is a con man,  Sal.  I've been studying con men all my life,  especially the radio and tv evangelists (both religious and political).  And from all that,  you start to develop a sense of who are the con men and who are the true believers.  Trust me,  Ron Paul is one of the latter.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:you start to develop a sense of who are the con men and who are the true believers.  Trust me,  Ron Paul is one of the latter.

Maybe at one time, but not anymore.

Now, he's just a shill looking to make bank before he becomes completely irrelevant or kicks the bucket.

Ron Paul has been appearing in radio spots, Web videos and television ads for Stansberry & Associates Investment Research, a Baltimore firm whose founder, Porter Stansberry, was once sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission for fraud arising from stock tips sold through his newsletter.

The ads urge viewers to buy a book by Mr. Stansberry, “America 2020: The Survival Blueprint,” to safeguard savings and wealth against the crisis it says will arise from a devaluation of the dollar driven by the Federal Reserve’s loose-money policies and the federal debt.

“Stocks and bonds will crash,” the 79-year-old former Texas congressman says in an ad broadcast on CNN. “The savings of millions could be wiped out. You can’t rely on Washington to help you.”

The SEC sued Mr. Stansberry for fraud concerning stock tips sold to newsletter subscribers. Mr. Stansberry fought the charges in court, with the support of some newspapers, saying it was a violation of First Amendment rights to free speech.

The Supreme Court last fall declined to hear the case after a lower court ruled against Mr. Stansberry.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ron-paul-ads-warn-of-financial-crisis-1432245027

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:The sad thing is there are people eager to believe his nonsense.

You'll have to admit,  teo, that even if your politics is totally opposite from that of Sal,  he does have a way with words.  lol

But no,  I don't think Ron Paul is a con man,  Sal.  I've been studying con men all my life,  especially the radio and tv evangelists (both religious and political).  And from all that,  you start to develop a sense of who are the con men and who are the true believers.  Trust me,  Ron Paul is one of the latter.

Bob one of my guilty pleasures is reading Sals acidic critiques of "my" lifestyle. In this case he seems to be describing his own fantasy. I prep because I have 11 grandkids, not because I want to get some from some damsel. Seeing them starve or be harmed is not acceptable. If the dollar never crashes or TS never HTF then they will still have a fun place to camp and play long after I am gone. I have done a lot of things but they still have lots to learn and do. My oldest grandson had dinner with Ted Nugent a while back...LOL.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:My oldest grandson had dinner with Ted Nugent a while back...LOL.

Well, that sounds about right.

After dinner, did he splooge with the Nuge while watching The Kelly File?

During an Aug. 12 appearance on WIBX’s Keeler in the Morning, Nugent defended Trump, whom he says is his favorite presidential candidate, by making crude comments about Kelly and suggesting she may be becoming “stupid.”

Nugent said, “I’m a big fan of Donald Trump because I believe in bold, aggressive, unapologetic truth. Period. And I’m not a fan of Megyn Kelly, although I often turn on Fox just to look at her. Sometimes when I’m loading my [gun ammunition] magazines, I like to just look at her. And I usually sit naked on the couch dropping hot brass on my stuff.”

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/08/12/nras-ted-nugent-defends-trumps-lewd-comments-ab/204904

eeeewwwwwww ....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Actually my grandson was not that impressed by him.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Have you seen what Ron Paul is saying? Solicitation2

(from 1993)

Ongoing Apocalypse...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/06/politics/rand-paul-ron-paul-election-2016/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/12/Solicitation2.pdf

(from 1993)

Ongoing Apocalypse...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/06/politics/rand-paul-ron-paul-election-2016/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm not a prepper like teo, Sal. But I'm not like you either.

I don't have this religious like faith that just because Obama or some other democrat politician is at the helm, that everything is going to be sweetness and light and we'll all live happily ever after.

I see so many indications that this country is really in a weird state right now. And to try to predict where it's all going is way too complex and confusing to reduce this down to being simply a matter of which of these two political parties is in charge. But of course I realize people like you and markle will never accept that.

I use to think there were a lot fewer out here like me. But this election is proving that I'm not alone.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think Ted Nugent can be summed up two ways.

Yes,  he probably is sincere about some of these ideas he's espousing.
BUT he also knows,  as I do,  that this symbol he's made himself become is what revived his career as a celebrity entertainer.  And without that,  he'd be just another over-the-hill rock and roller who would have been forgotten.

And it's the combination of those two things which can be applied a great many of these political evangelists.
They can be thought of as Billy Grahams.  Like Graham,  most of them believe their own bullshit to a degree,  but they're motivated by a lot more than just that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It's NOT religious faith, Bob. It's common sense...EDUCATED common sense.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I'm not a prepper like teo,  Sal.  But I'm not like you either.

I don't have this religious like faith that just because Obama or some other democrat politician is at the helm,  that everything is going to be sweetness and light and we'll all live happily ever after.

I see so many indications that this country is really in a weird state right now.   And to try to predict where it's all going is way too complex and confusing to reduce this down to being simply a matter of which of these two political parties is in charge.  But of course I realize people like you and markle will never accept that.

I use to think there were a lot fewer out here like me.   But this election is proving that I'm not alone.  

Equating me to Markle is really quite insulting and would be cutting if it were true, but it's not because of one word ...

... policy.

I support specific policy positions like pursuing diplomacy over invading and occupying other nations, like the expansion of equality to all over oppressing minorities, like addressing income inequality over endless tax cuts for those who need them least, like giving people access to the healthcare system over letting poor people languish in the ER waiting rooms, like valuing academia and science over using ignorance as a political cudgel, like reforming the criminal justice system so everyone gets a fair shake over the War on Drugs and broken window policing that preys on impoverished neighborhoods, like immigration reform that rewards hardworking people over making the Mexicans build a YOOOGE wall with a beautiful door in it, like structuring our elections so they reflect the will of the electorate over gerrymandering and suppressing the vote of specific demographics, like allowing women and their doctors to make medical decisions over valuing a clump of cells more than the woman carrying them.

I could go on, but you get the drift.

Markle can't really name any policies he supports other than the YOOOGE wall and anything the opposite of what Obama proposes.

I think the Democrats are a bunch of spineless reprobates in the pockets of Wall Street.

But, I think the modern conservative movement, fueled by willful ignorance and white privilege, is something much, much more sinister.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Actually,  it's about his poppa Ron Paul.  Who is now predicting a coming financial armegeddon.  He's created this website and is promoting it with tv ads (I just watched one).
But Ron and Rand are joined at the hip and they're lockstep on everything.  So Rand would totally endorse this.  

http://ronpaulmessage.com/

Rand Paul has taken it down a couple notches from his dad, Ron Paul. Ron was far more the confirmed Libertarian than his son APPEARS, but I don't know what is in his heart.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

“…Not far into the Fourth Turning, today's long-term projections for Social Security, Medicare, and other elder benefits programs will lie in history's dust bin. The economy will not keep growing as smoothly as the actuaries now assume—and critical events will force the government to reshuffle all its spending priorities. At that point, no one will be entitled to anything; those in need will merely be authorized something. Public figures should alert today's working Americans to their vulnerability…”

“…For Boomers, Social Security will be the object of fatalism and sarcasm. Some will get it, and some won't. The typical Boomer will live on bits and pieces of SEP-IRAs, Keoghs, 401Ks, federal benefits, and assorted corporate pension scraps that will vary enormously from person to person. For many, this will add up to a lot; for many others, nearly nothing. When the market hits bottom, millions of Boomers will find themselves at the brink of old age with far smaller nest eggs than they ever expected. They will immediately have to make do with steeply diminished material consumption…”

Howe, Neil; Strauss, William (2009-01-16). The Fourth Turning (Kindle Locations 6082-6086). Random House, Inc. Kindle Edition.

This book was written in 1997. Fourth Turnings happen every 80 years or so. In America, they have been the Revolutionary War, thew Civil War, The Great Depression/WW II. The authors had no way to predict 9/11, the Iraq War, and the crash of 2008. We are in te beginnings of the next Fourth Turning.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Rand Paul has taken it down a couple notches from his dad, Ron Paul.  Ron was far more the confirmed Libertarian than his son APPEARS, but I don't know what is in his heart.

I understand what you and teo both are telling me.  But I see the only difference between Ron and Rand being that, one, Rand is both currently in elected office and campaigning for the biggest elected office.  And two,  Ron doesn't have any of those shackles on him.
I bet you money there's very little they ACTUALLY disagree on.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm not a prepper like teo,  Sal.  But I'm not like you either.

I don't have this religious like faith that just because Obama or some other democrat politician is at the helm,  that everything is going to be sweetness and light and we'll all live happily ever after.

I see so many indications that this country is really in a weird state right now.   And to try to predict where it's all going is way too complex and confusing to reduce this down to being simply a matter of which of these two political parties is in charge.  But of course I realize people like you and markle will never accept that.

I use to think there were a lot fewer out here like me.   But this election is proving that I'm not alone.  

Equating me to Markle is really quite insulting and would be cutting if it were true, but it's not because of one word ...

... policy.

I support specific policy positions like pursuing diplomacy over invading and occupying other nations, like the expansion of equality to all over oppressing minorities, like addressing income inequality over endless tax cuts for those who need them least, like giving people access to the healthcare system over letting poor people languish in the ER waiting rooms, like valuing academia and science over using ignorance as a political cudgel, like reforming the criminal justice system so everyone gets a fair shake over the War on Drugs and broken window policing that preys on impoverished neighborhoods, like immigration reform that rewards hardworking people over making the Mexicans build a YOOOGE wall with a beautiful door in it, like structuring our elections so they reflect the will of the electorate over gerrymandering and suppressing the vote of specific demographics, like allowing women and their doctors to make medical decisions over valuing a clump of cells more than the woman carrying them.

I could go on, but you get the drift.

Markle can't really name any policies he supports other than the YOOOGE wall and anything the opposite of what Obama proposes.

I think the Democrats are a bunch of spineless reprobates in the pockets of Wall Street.

But, I think the modern conservative movement, fueled by willful ignorance and white privilege, is something much, much more sinister.

This post is so well communicated that only a fool would stand up and challenge it. If I was to do that, I would look like Megyn Kelly when you were Donald Trump.
So I'll take a pass on this one. lol

p.s. and don't read anything into my comparing me to a woman and you to a man.
If you do that, you'll be just like Donald Trump said, a "deviant mind". lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal pracitices his namesakes rules very well....

radical rule..* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sal pracitices his namesakes rules very well....

radical rule..* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

Now YOU'RE confusing Sal with Markle. What Sal did is point out that it's specific POLICIES that drive his decisions...not pie in the sky rhetoric about "liberty", "big government", "a return to the gold standard to avert catastrophe", etc. I think the Pauls are fascists...neo-Nazis. I believe the same about the Bushes...their family history reinforces that belief.

Sal

Sal

No, he's right.

I find T completely ridiculous.

I can't help ridiculing him.

It's a character flaw.

You have no read on Teo... you don't know him.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:You have no read on Teo... you don't know him.

I don't know you either, but I read emotionally immature rube.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum