Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are they so uppety?

+7
cool1
catfriedlegs
Yella
Markle
Joanimaroni
Jake92
gulfbeachbandit
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 11:54 am

[quote="Sal"]
Continue with your denialism. It is precisely what will prevent the GOP from ever winning a national election again. I support you./quote]

So are you going to tell me what follows "uppety" in the context of how it was used or not. Seriously I do not know what you are talking about.

Anyone else want to explain it?

52Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 12:29 pm

[quote="alecto"]
Sal wrote:
Continue with your denialism. It is precisely what will prevent the GOP from ever winning a national election again. I support you./quote]

So are you going to tell me what follows "uppety" in the context of how it was used or not. Seriously I do not know what you are talking about.

Absent the fact that I don't believe you are ignorant of the usage of the word, and it's connotation read on dude...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/11/yep-uppity-racist/45321/

53Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 12:41 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It means that whoever utters uppity believes black people are not staying in their place... Like George Jefferson was uppity when he finally got his piece of the pie.....It really is just stupid in this day and time to even consider it as anything...Just a word to invoke old angers and open old wounds....

54Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 12:45 pm

[quote="W_T_M"]
alecto wrote:
Sal wrote:

Absent the fact that I don't believe you are ignorant of the usage of the word, and it's connotation read on dude...

Thank you WTM. Although after reading that article I have to say that is a perfect example of absolute bullshit. I thought uppity was used to reference some rich stuck up asshole hell I have refereed to the wife's rich aunt as an uppity bitch, uppity c@#t, and a whole lot of other very bad words more than once and she is white. What words will the racist assholes target next to give reason for throwing down the race card. This is ridiculous or is the word ridiculous now considered racist?

55Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 12:53 pm

[quote="alecto"]
W_T_M wrote:
alecto wrote:
Sal wrote:

Thank you WTM. Although after reading that article I have to say that is a perfect example of absolute bullshit. I thought uppity was used to reference some rich stuck up asshole hell I have refereed to the wife's rich aunt as an uppity bitch, uppity c@#t, and a whole lot of other very bad words more than once and she is white. What words will the racist assholes target next to give reason for throwing down the race card. This is ridiculous or is the word ridiculous now considered racist?

Sheesh. It's been in the lexicon of racially inflammatory words for decades, and you just found out...so you're gonna argue with history...?

Good luck on that one.

56Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 12:57 pm

Sal

Sal

alecto wrote:hell I have refereed to the wife's rich aunt as an uppity bitch, uppity c@#t, and a whole lot of other very bad words more than once and she is white.

Soooo, ...

... you're a racist and a misogynist.

In other words, the GOP base.

Got it.

Last edited by Sal on 2/5/2013, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

57Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 12:57 pm

Yella wrote:
alecto wrote:
Sal wrote:
riceme wrote:
cool1 wrote:why would anyone bring up Race----has nothing to do with race---just a mom with a nasty mouth--very nasty----nasty nasty mouth---I feel sorry for the children

That's what I was thinking too before it was brought up several posts up! I thought I was the only one out of the loop... glad I wasn't all out there on my own, cool!

It has to do with Ghandi's posting history.

He has a habit of posting videos and stories about black people behaving badly.

It's his favorite theme.

He deserves to be called out on it, and has been repeatedly in the past.

So is it a crime to post videos and stories of black people behaving badly or is it just politically incorrect?

Ghandi adds a lot to this forum. He is like the pepper that makes your food more zesty.

If constant racism, bigotry, lies, stalking, and harassment are the spice of your life, maybe you should re-evaluate your values.

58Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 1:19 pm

W_T_M wrote:

Sheesh. It's been in the lexicon of racially inflammatory words for decades, and you just found out...so you're gonna argue with history...?

Good luck on that one.

I'm not arguing with history, I'm just not one of those who looks at everything through my racial charged bifocals.

So is that why there are websites like this. Kind of hard to say uppity is racist when this black blog writer reffers to himself as "The Uppity Negro"

http://uppitynegronetwork.com/

Found by doing a search on the word "uppity"

59Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 1:25 pm

alecto wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Good luck on that one.

I'm not arguing with history, I'm just not one of those who looks at everything through my racial charged bifocals.

So is that why there are websites like this. Kind of hard to say uppity is racist when this black blog writer reffers to himself as "The Uppity Negro".

http://uppitynegronetwork.com/

Found by doing a search on the word "uppity"

If I had a dead horse, I'd loan you a big stick.

Look up irony and study on it a while....maybe then you will understand the [i]Uppity Negro[/i, or the usage of the N word by black folk and a pile of no-talent rappers and hip/hop hacks.

60Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 1:42 pm

Sal wrote:
alecto wrote:hell I have refereed to the wife's rich aunt as an uppity bitch, uppity c@#t, and a whole lot of other very bad words more than once and she is white.

Soooo, ...

... you're a racist and a misogynist.

In other words, the GOP base.

Got it.

Oh my god that is so hurtful, how will I ever make it through the day knowing the forums village idiot called me a racist AND a misogynist, oh the humanity.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- Do you work at being a dumb ass or does it come naturally.

61Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 1:43 pm

W_T_M wrote:

Look up irony and study on it a while....maybe then you will understand the [i]Uppity Negro[/i, or the usage of the N word by black folk and a pile of no-talent rappers and hip/hop hacks.

Na, I really don't give a shit enough to bother with it.

62Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 1:49 pm

alecto wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Look up irony and study on it a while....maybe then you will understand the Uppity Negro[/i, or the usage of the N word by black folk and a pile of no-talent rappers and hip/hop hacks.

But [i]just enough shit
to sling it, huh...?

At least Sal understood why ghandi is an uppity racist.

63Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 1:57 pm

W_T_M wrote:
alecto wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Look up irony and study on it a while....maybe then you will understand the Uppity Negro[/i, or the usage of the N word by black folk and a pile of no-talent rappers and hip/hop hacks.

But [i]just enough shit
to sling it, huh...?

At least Sal understood why ghandi is an uppity racist.

No, like I said I don't look at the world through racially charged bifocals, far to many people want to use racism as a weapon and justify it by any means necessary. You want to pick apart history and the dictionary to find the racist boogieman, to eradicate every little scrape of data that might possibly offend someone of color or ethnicity then have fun.

Sal is one of those who thinks everyone who thinks different than him is a racist, not saying Ghandi is not a racist but coming from someone like sal it doesn't mean shit.

64Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:06 pm

Sal

Sal

alecto wrote:

No, like I said I don't look at the world through racially charged bifocals, far to many people want to use racism as a weapon and justify it by any means necessary. You want to pick apart history and the dictionary to find the racist boogieman, to eradicate every little scrape of data that might possibly offend someone of color or ethnicity then have fun.

Sal is one of those who thinks everyone who thinks different than him is a racist, not saying Ghandi is not a racist but coming from someone like sal it doesn't mean shit.

Seeking to promulgate negative racial stereotypes by flooding the forum with stories of blacks behaving badly, and employing racist dog whistles to draw attention to those stories is racist.

Your refusal to acknowledge the dog whistles is only evidence of your own ignorance or denial or both, and does nothing to diminish their existence.

65Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:24 pm

Sal wrote:

No, it's not a crime.

But, it is distasteful to constantly be harping on blacks, and dropping racist dog whistles like "uppety".

You do know what word generally follows "uppety" in this sort of context, don't you.

It's just that sort of rhetoric and attitude that has poisoned the political discourse in this country, and turned large numbers of people away from the modern version of "conservatism".

I welcome Ghandi's contributions.

He a great example of what's become of your party, and the hatefulness and divisiveness that characterize it.

I'm glad you support him in his efforts to relegate the GOP to the dustbin of history.

Carry on.

This is the context I have most frequently heard the word "uppity" in my life, in the form of my mom yelling at my smartass older sister (yeah, same sister... she was even a smartass back then!):

"DON'T YOU GET UPPITY WITH ME, YOUNG LADY, OR I WILL WHUP YOUR ASS, DON'T YOU THINK I WON'T!!"

So color me confused because I totally didn't get any of the references.

HOWEVER, I did just recently have a discussion with some Pensacola friends about precisely just how ignorant to racism I was before I moved to the Pensacola area... Didn't grow up around any Black people, and had never heard the word "nigger" in all of my days before we moved there. I was shocked, heartbroken, appalled, you name it when I witnessed the ugly, hateful behavior I did the very first night we were there... I ran home crying (sobbing) to my husband, who first thought that someone had attacked me, asking what we had done by moving there, and begging to go home (we'd just that day closed on our new home).... Can't so much go home at that point. And from that moment on I began receiving my education in race-relations, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you, Pensacola, Florida!

But yeah, here's my disclaimer: I can be a total dumbass at times when it comes to racial references.

Maybe I need a sign.

66Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:28 pm

Sal wrote:
alecto wrote:

Seeking to promulgate negative racial stereotypes by flooding the forum with stories of blacks behaving badly, and employing racist dog whistles to draw attention to those stories is racist.

Your refusal to acknowledge the dog whistles is only evidence of your own ignorance or denial or both, and does nothing to diminish their existence.

Yep. And his little CF of fans and followers are equally guilty through their constant enabling and outright dismissal of obvious intentions.

In for a penny....in for a pound.

It that fair...?

I don't really care.

The guy driving the car is just as guilty as the perp robbing the clerk even if he was ignorant of the fact.

67Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:35 pm

Sal

Sal

riceme wrote:

This is the context I have most frequently heard the word "uppity" in my life, in the form of my mom yelling at my smartass older sister (yeah, same sister... she was even a smartass back then!):

"DON'T YOU GET UPPITY WITH ME, YOUNG LADY, OR I WILL WHUP YOUR ASS, DON'T YOU THINK I WON'T!!"

HOWEVER, I did just recently have a discussion with some Pensacola friends about precisely just how ignorant to racism I was before I moved to the Pensacola area... Didn't grow up around any Black people, and had never heard the word "nigger" in all of my days before we moved there. I was shocked, heartbroken, appalled, you name it when I witnessed the ugly, hateful behavior I did the very first night we were there... I ran home crying (sobbing) to my husband, who first thought that someone had attacked me, asking what we had done by moving there, and begging to go home (we'd just that day closed on our new home).... Can't so much go home at that point. And from that moment on I began receiving my education in race-relations, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you, Pensacola, Florida!

But yeah, here's my disclaimer: I can be a total dumbass at times when it comes to racial references.

Maybe I need a sign.

My first experience with that phrase came when I was a child growing up in an upper-middle class neighborhood in Louisville, KY.

My grandmother had recently passed, and my grandfather came to live with us.

There was a rather wealthy black couple who lived next door.

He owned several radio stations and a newspaper that catered to the African-american community in Louisville.

He also drove a Mercedes.

One evening as we sat down to dinner, my grandfather remarked, "That's one uppity n**ger living next door."

My father looked at him and replied, "Well that's one uppity n**ger who could buy and sell your ignorant ass three times over."

It's a commonly known phrase among a certain generation and in a certain region of our country.

68Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:38 pm

riceme wrote:
Sal wrote:

No, it's not a crime.

But, it is distasteful to constantly be harping on blacks, and dropping racist dog whistles like "uppety".

You do know what word generally follows "uppety" in this sort of context, don't you.

It's just that sort of rhetoric and attitude that has poisoned the political discourse in this country, and turned large numbers of people away from the modern version of "conservatism".

I welcome Ghandi's contributions.

He a great example of what's become of your party, and the hatefulness and divisiveness that characterize it.

I'm glad you support him in his efforts to relegate the GOP to the dustbin of history.

Carry on.

Maybe I need a sign.

Naive is one thing....oblivious is a whole other deal.

Are you really saying you were so cloistered and insulated from an entire national movement including the assassination of MLK, the de facto leader of that wave of change...so much so you had never heard that offensive slur...?

That on the face seems improbable, but I spent my youth in Alabama, so my views are tainted by reality.

69Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:42 pm

Sal wrote:
riceme wrote:

Maybe I need a sign.

My first experience with that phrase came when I was a child growing up in an upper-middle class neighborhood in Louisville, KY.

He owned several radio stations and a newspaper that catered to the African-american community in Louisville.

One evening as we sat down to dinner, my grandfather remarked, "That's one uppity n**ger living next door."

My father looked at him and replied, "Well that's one uppity n**ger who could buy and sell your ignorant ass three times over."

It's a commonly known phrase among a certain generation and in a certain region of our country.

Thus the phrase takes on epithet status.

"....don't you get all uppity with me..."

70Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:48 pm

riceme wrote:

Maybe I need a sign.

THANK YOU RICEME, I was beginning to think I was the only racially ignorant poster on this forum.

71Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 2:54 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghandi is a sad little parody of a human being whose self-esteem is so low he has to constantly try and make himself feel better by thinking he's superior...eminence front. Racism is only part of the picture.

72Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 3:14 pm

"THANK YOU RICEME, I was beginning to think I was the only racially ignorant poster on this forum."

@ alecto....

Is your favorite bear the Panda...?

BTW...I caught you giving a shit again. Let this be a warning...LOL.

73Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 3:23 pm

W_T_M wrote:"THANK YOU RICEME, I was beginning to think I was the only racially ignorant poster on this forum."

@ alecto....

Is your favorite bear the Panda...?

BTW...I caught you giving a shit again. Let this be a warning...LOL.

I must confess, I am currently in the process of trying to give a shit. Aw screw it I don't give a shit again. Twisted Evil

Bad experience with bears, don't like any of them.

74Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 3:43 pm

Sal wrote:

I love it... Good for your father, on SEVERAL counts!!

But yeah, I grew up in White Town, USA (which is what we used to jokingly call this place) and was simply never exposed to anyone who ever used that word before (nor any Black folks to speak of... there was ONE Black family here when I was growing up) on that first *enlightening* night we closed on our home in the Pensacola area. Clearly, I likely could not have been any more shocked than I was. It took place in the bread aisle at the grocery, and two men were essentially yelling, and high-fiving each other about how they sure had showed them mother-fucking niggers, had run them out of their neighborhood, and how them niggers would never be back to THEIR neighborhood. /HIGH FIVE/ ALL of it shocked me, but as a sidebar I was stunned that no one else at the grocery batted an eye at any of this. As I'd said, it was our first night in our new home, and we needed a few essentials, but I was so upset that I left my buggy right there in the bread aisle and raced home bawling, to my husband.

Following other, probably even more strange, experiences (one in particular), I grew accustomed to hearing the word from the Black community as well as from everyone else. While it was all monumentally unpleasant, it is one of the reasons for which I am glad that we took our promotions and transferred to Pensacola. It was a valuable education that was a long time coming.

75Why are they so uppety? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are they so uppety? 2/5/2013, 4:06 pm

Yella

Yella

I suppose I should said in my previous post that he stirs up people's emotions and causes a lively debate.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum