Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Found this on guns....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Found this on guns.... Empty Found this on guns.... 2/1/2013, 9:02 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This led to a conclusion.

Symbols are important. A citizen who has the right to keep and bear arms, even though he is not planning to join the state militia, which is in fact an arm of the federal government, understands that he possesses a degree of sovereignty that is not possessed by citizens in nations that prohibit widespread firearm ownership. He understands that he is in a unique situation. He still has the fundamental marks of political sovereignty, namely, firearms. His firearms testify to the fact that the central government does not yet feel sufficiently confident to confiscate his firearms in the name of the central government's exclusive monopoly of violence. His firearms testify to the fact that he is still a citizen, and that he still possesses rights that politicians and bureaucrats cannot legally overturn.

I ended with this:

Firearms are marks of political sovereignty. They should be defended on this basis, not on the basis of some hypothetical revolution, which is not going to take place. I am saying that such a revolution is not necessary, precisely because the people do possess the right to keep and bear arms. They need not take up arms against the government, precisely because they already possess the arms.

2Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/1/2013, 2:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:This led to a conclusion.

Symbols are important. A citizen who has the right to keep and bear arms, even though he is not planning to join the state militia, which is in fact an arm of the federal government, understands that he possesses a degree of sovereignty that is not possessed by citizens in nations that prohibit widespread firearm ownership. He understands that he is in a unique situation. He still has the fundamental marks of political sovereignty, namely, firearms. His firearms testify to the fact that the central government does not yet feel sufficiently confident to confiscate his firearms in the name of the central government's exclusive monopoly of violence. His firearms testify to the fact that he is still a citizen, and that he still possesses rights that politicians and bureaucrats cannot legally overturn.

I ended with this:

Firearms are marks of political sovereignty. They should be defended on this basis, not on the basis of some hypothetical revolution, which is not going to take place. I am saying that such a revolution is not necessary, precisely because the people do possess the right to keep and bear arms. They need not take up arms against the government, precisely because they already possess the arms.

WTM is gonna tell everyone you are trying to overthrow the government by posting this..

3Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/2/2013, 5:23 pm

yeah he is on a bender

4Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/4/2013, 4:36 am

I ended with this:

well said about this country that many of us claim to love so dearly. And it is my solid hope that we maintain an alert watch in keeping those most precious of rights to ensure the freedom of all Americans.

5Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/4/2013, 10:32 am

Jake92

I bought my 45 in 1972 and keep it for self protection in my house. I also have a 380 which I will occasionally carry/concealed if getting out of the car or in the glove box if going thru some areas. I will be buying a rifle for my trip thru the mountains and into Alaska. I just have to decide on what rifle to get for bears..

6Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/4/2013, 11:03 am

knothead

knothead

I ended with this:

Teo, don't take this wrong but I think this is the most sensible logical thing you have ever posted . . . . . good post-good point.

7Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/4/2013, 11:03 am

knothead

knothead

I ended with this:

Teo, don't take this wrong but I think this is the most sensible logical thing you have ever posted . . . . . good post-good point.

8Found this on guns.... Empty Re: Found this on guns.... 2/5/2013, 9:03 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

I wholeheartedly believe in and support the 2nd Amendment's right to bare arms. That does not mean we should be able to buy any type weapon that is manufactured. Weapons like RPG's, flame throwers, rotary barreled machine guns, and weaponized drones have no place in the private homeowners arsenal of weapons. The question is really about the military style rifle with it's high capacity magazine. It is not the best choice for hunting. Outside of being able to say, "That's nothing when it comes to gun ownership, I got a AK47." It has little use.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum