Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

cowh logic?.......

+3
boards of FL
othershoe1030
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 cowh logic?....... Empty cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 9:43 am

As a parent the cowh would find it difficult to make the decision for his son to participate in football because it's too dangerous...

As a parent/commander-in-chief...the cowh has decided/agreed that women should be sent into the front lines of battle...along with other troops...good thing that's not too dangerous...

2 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 9:45 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

At this rate the only ones that won't be on the front lines are the neocons.....

Say how would Obummer feel about his precious little girls wedding being interrupted by a predator drone strike ?

3 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 10:53 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Reality strikes again. In the types of wars we are fighting now enemy lines are non-existent. The truth is that many women have for years actually been in combat and have died in combat zones so this ruling is just catching up with reality on the ground.

Tammy Duckworth, the double amputee was a Blackhawk helicopter pilot. I think most people would consider this job to be on the front line. The change, as I understand it was to acknowledge what was really going on and to allow women officers to progress up through the ranks, basically getting credit on paper for what they are already doing.

4 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 11:03 am

othershoe1030 wrote:Reality strikes again. In the types of wars we are fighting now enemy lines are non-existent. The truth is that many women have for years actually been in combat and have died in combat zones so this ruling is just catching up with reality on the ground.

Tammy Duckworth, the double amputee was a Blackhawk helicopter pilot. I think most people would consider this job to be on the front line. The change, as I understand it was to acknowledge what was really going on and to allow women officers to progress up through the ranks, basically getting credit on paper for what they are already doing.

Agree!....Women have been in dangerous situations/front lines for every conflict...When honor and reflection is bestowed onto those that have served there should never be any distinction between men/women...all are heroes and patriots...

5 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 11:04 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote:As a parent the cowh would find it difficult to make the decision for his son to participate in football because it's too dangerous...

As a parent/commander-in-chief...the cowh has decided/agreed that women should be sent into the front lines of battle...along with other troops...good thing that's not too dangerous...

Conservative logic: Comparing the cost and benefit of taking part in a recreational sport for entertainment and the cost and benefit of electing to defend ones county in an act of war is like comparing apples to apples.

6 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 11:07 am

boards of FL wrote:
newswatcher wrote:As a parent the cowh would find it difficult to make the decision for his son to participate in football because it's too dangerous...

Conservative logic: Comparing the cost and benefit of taking part in a recreational sport for entertainment and the cost and benefit of electing to defend ones county in an act of war is like comparing apples to apples.

Better stick with the lack of liberal logic before attempting to explain anything else...the sport reference was only a small portion of the comparasion but nice attempt to do as some do...deflect....

7 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 11:32 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote: Better stick with the lack of liberal logic before attempting to explain anything else...the sport reference was only a small portion of the comparasion but nice attempt to do as some do...deflect....

Ah. Well then perhaps you can elaborate? When you said...

newswatcher wrote: As a parent the cowh would find it difficult to make the decision for his son to participate in football because it's too dangerous...

...if you weren't saying that is is hypocritical for the president to state that he does not want his kid to play football, while at the same time watching women be allowed to serve along with other troops - if you weren't suggesting that that is hypocritical due to the associated danger with each activity - what was your point then?

8 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 11:33 am

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Better stick with the lack of liberal logic before attempting to explain anything else...the sport reference was only a small portion of the comparasion but nice attempt to do as some do...deflect....

Liberal logic, conservative logic has begun to wear thin . . . . . endless back and forth. You don't have the decency, as an American citizen to cease your worn out use of COWH, how utterly sophomoric. You do not like your President, I get that but he is the President and your disdain diminishes the value of your commentary.

9 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 11:45 am

2seaoat

I broke bones in football and basketball games. I was not the least bit unhappy when my son decided to play golf instead of football. After college we would play adult tackle football without uniforms or helmets every Saturday. We would have spectators and we allowed open participation. No major head injuries, neck injuries, or knee injuries the entire time we played. The game tackling was completely different than where the game has evolved today with people using their head to tackle. The President simply was making a good risk assessment which every parent should do. I would not stop a son from playing football, but I would not encourage it until there are rule changes which improve player safety.

10 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 12:06 pm

boards of FL wrote:
newswatcher wrote: Better stick with the lack of liberal logic before attempting to explain anything else...the sport reference was only a small portion of the comparasion but nice attempt to do as some do...deflect....

newswatcher wrote: As a parent the cowh would find it difficult to make the decision for his son to participate in football because it's too dangerous...

...if you weren't saying that is is hypocritical for the president to state that he does not want his kid to play football, while at the same time watching women be allowed to serve along with other troops - if you weren't suggesting that that is hypocritical due to the associated danger with each activity - what was your point then?
Well if football is too dangerous for his child....that was exactly my point he said it (football statement) because it is now a politically correct issue to support in light of recent tragedies and injuries associated...BUT...after making such a statement and again for political correctness he (administration) lifts restrictions on women on the front lines: and most important women have been on the frontlines/in danger/harms way for every conflict while their primary purpose may not have been combat related they like any other service members have sacrificed... Is there a shortage/need to now expand a more combat role to women? Lastly, IMO...hate to see the military used as social experimentation and social/political agendas....

11 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 12:25 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Well if football is too dangerous for his child....that was exactly my point he said it (football statement) because it is now a politically correct issue to support in light of recent tragedies and injuries associated...BUT...after making such a statement and again for political correctness he (administration) lifts restrictions on women on the front lines: and most important women have been on the frontlines/in danger/harms way for every conflict while their primary purpose may not have been combat related they like any other service members have sacrificed... Is there a shortage/need to now expand a more combat role to women? Lastly, IMO...hate to see the military used as social experimentation and social/political agendas....

OK. So I had it right the first time.

12 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 12:35 pm

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Liberal logic, conservative logic has begun to wear thin . . . . . endless back and forth. You don't have the decency, as an American citizen to cease your worn out use of COWH, how utterly sophomoric. You do not like your President, I get that but he is the President and your disdain diminishes the value of your commentary.
Not true....cowh is a whole lot better than have heard previous president's called and for your information it was requested through the cowh's campaign and the media that using the name of or disagreeing with the cowh was based in 'racism'....

13 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 12:51 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote: Not true....cowh is a whole lot better than have heard previous president's called and for your information it was requested through the cowh's campaign and the media that using the name of or disagreeing with the cowh was based in 'racism'....

Can you rephrase this in english?

14 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 12:57 pm

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

AMEN BROTHER...!!!!

15 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 1:23 pm

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:
knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Not true....cowh is a whole lot better than have heard previous president's called and for your information it was requested through the cowh's campaign and the media that using the name of or disagreeing with the cowh was based in 'racism'....

Agree that it is better than previous name calling with COWH and other COWH and the it was requested through the COWH's campaign . . . . I stand corrected on those points. Carry on!

16 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 1:45 pm

So much for military standards.

I found your jarhead twin...

Look at that mouth....LOL. Open and waiting.

cowh logic?....... S-JIM-NABORS-WEDS-large

17 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 3:34 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

At least he now types "cowh" in lower case.... Perhaps this is his admission that the R's were overwhelmingly defeated last November. I agree that it is a completely sophomoric expression, to say the least.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

18 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 5:02 pm

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

At least he now types "cowh" in lower case.... Perhaps this is his admission that the R's were overwhelmingly defeated last November. I agree that it is a completely sophomoric expression, to say the least.

Amen shoe Amen . . . .

19 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 8:33 pm

newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The difference is women choose to be in the military. If you don't want the risks-don't join. It is their choice and a stupid analogy.

20 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 1/31/2013, 9:58 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:Reality strikes again. In the types of wars we are fighting now enemy lines are non-existent. The truth is that many women have for years actually been in combat and have died in combat zones so this ruling is just catching up with reality on the ground.

I understand i am diverging from the argument over someone using the cowh acronym still but back to this point. Actually it is something very different women have been getting credit for this and being let into the services such as pilots and being in combat zones, that is not what Obama's appointee changed. He said basically lets ignore the standards that we have set for our military Infantry and our Special Forces Teams and lower them so that a woman can enter them. If they don't want to lower them so women can enter them then they have to explain to the sec of def why not. (which by the way the Marine core is doing). The fact of the matter is unlike flying which is another issue entirely.

Whether you want to believe it or not there are still combat infantry zones. These ppl have to quickly with all of their gear get from point A to point B in order to save not only their own lives but the lives of their fellow soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Seaman, whatever the case may be. For many, many years we have looked at the question of allowing women in the infantry units but never, never have they been able to meet the same requirements as males. Not going to touch whether they do that in other fields or not because that is another hot button issue. But in infantry no amount of equipment could possibly compensate for the physical requirements that they have to be meet to save lives.

And lowering our standards for special forces is an even greater mistake that will get many more civilians killed as well.

21 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 2/1/2013, 8:37 am

knothead

knothead

Ironsights wrote:

I understand i am diverging from the argument over someone using the cowh acronym still but back to this point. Actually it is something very different women have been getting credit for this and being let into the services such as pilots and being in combat zones, that is not what Obama's appointee changed. He said basically lets ignore the standards that we have set for our military Infantry and our Special Forces Teams and lower them so that a woman can enter them. If they don't want to lower them so women can enter them then they have to explain to the sec of def why not. (which by the way the Marine core is doing). The fact of the matter is unlike flying which is another issue entirely.

Whether you want to believe it or not there are still combat infantry zones. These ppl have to quickly with all of their gear get from point A to point B in order to save not only their own lives but the lives of their fellow soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Seaman, whatever the case may be. For many, many years we have looked at the question of allowing women in the infantry units but never, never have they been able to meet the same requirements as males. Not going to touch whether they do that in other fields or not because that is another hot button issue. But in infantry no amount of equipment could possibly compensate for the physical requirements that they have to be meet to save lives.

And lowering our standards for special forces is an even greater mistake that will get many more civilians killed as well.

I could be wrong but after listening and reading the 'standards' for physical prowess have not been lowered. The change simply allows females who can cut it will be allowed to be in infantry for example but they must be able to meet the current standards.

22 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 2/1/2013, 11:55 am

knothead wrote:
Ironsights wrote:

I could be wrong but after listening and reading the 'standards' for physical prowess have not been lowered. The change simply allows females who can cut it will be allowed to be in infantry for example but they must be able to meet the current standards.

Women have always been on the front lines and in harm's way...and have made sacrifices in every conflict in our history...

23 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 2/1/2013, 12:19 pm

knothead wrote:
Ironsights wrote:

To be lectured...by some in this group for referring to the cowh as the cowh is laughable...If the same civility and respect was given to this cowh as it was to President George W Bush by some then there would be an argument...never called the cowh mentally unstable...terrorist....war criminal...stupid...war monger...etc., and yet now cowh is disrespectful?...

24 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 2/1/2013, 3:22 pm

knothead wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/29/marine-corps-women-combat/1873753/
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323539804578260123802564276.html
Under the new rules, the services must establish the gender-neutral standards for all military specialties by September 2015. In his memo, Gen. Dempsey also ordered U.S. Special Operations Command, along with the military services, to examine a "responsible way to assign women to currently closed" military specialties.

tell me that isn't going to lower standards to allow women to serve

25 cowh logic?....... Empty Re: cowh logic?....... 2/1/2013, 3:29 pm

Ironsights wrote:
knothead wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/29/marine-corps-women-combat/1873753/
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323539804578260123802564276.html
Under the new rules, the services must establish the gender-neutral standards for all military specialties by September 2015. In his memo, Gen. Dempsey also ordered U.S. Special Operations Command, along with the military services, to examine a "responsible way to assign women to currently closed" military specialties.

tell me that isn't going to lower standards to allow women to serve

Of coarse they will lower the standards. To think otherwise would be naive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum