Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are these people reading these threads?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I've noticed since I posted the Mardi Gras thread there are 345 views. There aren't that many people who post here by a long shot. So who are those views from? People reading threads over and over? I think not so it must be from many people who don't participate.Why don't they? Is there that many who read these forums? It makes me think about the personal info. posted here and how many people are reading it.It's kind of creepy not knowing who's reading about your life and you have no clue.

knothead

knothead

Dreams, I admit I now do more 'perusing' of the threads than I do posting . . . mostly because I really don't like to be involved with antagonistic subjects anymore. I certainly have my own views for sure but do enjoy the different personalities on this forum and therefore do read more than post.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If every poster comes back to look at the new posts it acts as a multiplier...20 X 20 =400

knothead wrote:Dreams, I admit I now do more 'perusing' of the threads than I do posting . . . mostly because I really don't like to be involved with antagonistic subjects anymore. I certainly have my own views for sure but do enjoy the different personalities on this forum and therefore do read more than post.

Well, that explains some of it but there must be many people viewing we just don't realize. Kinda makes you wonder?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If every poster comes back to look at the new posts it acts as a multiplier...20 X 20 =400

Maybe there's not that many people coming back and all these unknowns are watching. Holy Molely!

It is big brother and sister and collecting information on each and everyone of us. They're watching and waiting to pounce at our doors and take us and our guns away, send us to gitmo and water board all of us until we break and realize the error of our ways.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bigt wrote:It is big brother and sister and collecting information on each and everyone of us. They're watching and waiting to pounce at our doors and take us and our guns away, send us to gitmo and water board all of us until we break and realize the error of our ways.

Will there be twinkies?...I'll go if there are twinkies....

bigt wrote:It is big brother and sister and collecting information on each and everyone of us. They're watching and waiting to pounce at our doors and take us and our guns away, send us to gitmo and water board all of us until we break and realize the error of our ways.

I sold all of my guns to Teo, then the hurricane destroyed them.. What a Face

Studer and his minions.. Correct answer.....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lurch wrote:

I sold all of my guns to Teo, then the hurricane destroyed them.. What a Face

Yeah Ivan got mine and Lurches and then I moved to Louisiana bought some more and Katrina got them...so I figured I shouldn't buy anymore because they cause hurricanes.....

2seaoat

Simple answer we discovered on the Navarre Beach early version of the software was that many people who were tourists were reading our threads, and we would comment on all the people who simply read and never post as reflected by some incredible counts. When the counts got crazy was after Ivan when people were trying to find out information. My bet is a great many people who once lived here, tourists, and people still in the area love to see what is going on and being discussed, but they simply do not want to participate.

I have noticed certain topics get high views like that and I think it is the googlebot that is here indexing the site all the time. I'm not familiar with the software used by forumotion but I have seen bots run up views on other forums that they index. In order to index the page it needs to basically open it which I would think gets counted as a view.

I'm pretty sure we're going to be famous before long. Is it too soon to announce for 2016?

2seaoat

I'm pretty sure we're going to be famous before long. Is it too soon to announce for 2016?

Do not laugh.....it is rumored that a reality show is in development where Bob, HG, and yellowdog are going to be filmed in a new series called old boys go wild.......to think we knew them when the were not famous.

2seaoat wrote:I'm pretty sure we're going to be famous before long. Is it too soon to announce for 2016?

Do not laugh.....it is rumored that a reality show is in development where Bob, HG, and yellowdog are going to be filmed in a new series called old boys go wild.......to think we knew them when the were not famous.

I won't vote for them if I'm not included... and I don't think anyone else should either.

Been waterboarded, it ain't that bad.

17Who are these people reading these threads? Empty Not me 1/28/2013, 8:28 pm

A View

I don't put any info on here for people to see.

2seaoat

I won't vote for them if I'm not included... and I don't think anyone else should either.

I could see a reality show being developed off this concept.....we certainly have a diversity of characters, and we all enjoy staying more than we get pissed so, it has the tension necessary for a good show.....but sadly.....the young people would not initially watch....not enough sizzle, but I think it would eventually be a hit.....there is something very powerful here......and I think it would translate well in a reality show. Some would appear, and most would remain invisible.....it would be fun to see this concept work on cable where the language and freedom could remain....otherwise the flavor of our cast of characters would be lost.

2seaoat wrote:I'm pretty sure we're going to be famous before long. Is it too soon to announce for 2016?

More like infamous.

Dreamsglore wrote:I've noticed since I posted the Mardi Gras thread there are 345 views. There aren't that many people who post here by a long shot. So who are those views from? People reading threads over and over? I think not so it must be from many people who don't participate.Why don't they? Is there that many who read these forums? It makes me think about the personal info. posted here and how many people are reading it.It's kind of creepy not knowing who's reading about your life and you have no clue.

I am fairly certain that it's the bots: Google bots and possibly Bing... I can't recall at the moment if this site has Bing bots.

If you go down to look at "Who's online?" you will always see several bots are online, and if you look at where they are on the forum they are nearly always in the Index, viewing threads &c.

My bad. This is the first time I've seen less than four or five bots online at once (probably because I rarely go down to look who's online). There is currently only one Google Bot online. That being said, I'm wondering if all the "Guests" can also view the complete thread contents or if they have only limited access. See below:

Who are these people reading these threads? BOTS_ViewingForumIndex

Who are these people reading these threads? WhosOnline_BOTS

2seaoat

We have currently a guest from Russia.....a tourist catching up with news at home. or communists concerned about Mr. Markle disclosing their master plan.....either way.....pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum