Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

COMMUNIST PARTY USA CHEERS PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMAS GUN GRAB

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:The economic policies of President Ronald Reagan led to a quarter of century of prosperity.

Ronald Reagan will be one of this nation's greatest presidents. His success in bringing the cold war to an end was brilliant. His increasing of debt was the beginning of decline of America. His economic policies are directly responsible for the collapse of the American economy. You are living in a bubble. I have been to his boyhood home, and just visited his new statute of him on horseback in Dixon Illinois......yet even I a big Reagan fan, know the truth.....you can use your gobbels propoganda techniques, but to suggest that our current 16 trillion dollar debt did not start with Reagan is living in a bubble.

I Acknowledge that President Ronald Reagan raised the tax ceiling a number of times and that it has led us to this crisis. But he also continually tired to lower spending time and time again (never managed to accomplish this though) But his policies greatly stimulated growth in a recession and brought the US its prosperity for many years to come it even continued under Clinton who had a surplus from the monies that the American economy was making. As far as this recession they happen in economics all the time that how economics works sometimes you have a bear market other times you have a bull market.
However his policies are not was is responsible for the initial recession, or the continuation of the recession for so long. It was policies which required (over regulation) that banks offer loans that people would not be able to pay back and live off of on their incomes that caused the housing market crash. The last 2 wars that were initiated under President Bush Jr. did not help and in fact set us up to be further weakened. the continued expansion of entitlement programs is what is dragging this recession on because if people don't have to get up and find a job but get to sit back keep collecting a pay check then why not. The continued idea that the government should be taking care of you and not that you should be self sufficient (which is the goal of communism) is what is being promoted by this current administration.

2seaoat

http://floodingupeconomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/us-gross-public-debt-as-a-percentage-of-gdp.png

Anybody who doubts where the problem began.....needs to only look at the Reagan economic mistakes.....again.....a great president, but terrible economic policy.

2seaoat wrote:http://floodingupeconomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/us-gross-public-debt-as-a-percentage-of-gdp.png

Anybody who doubts where the problem began.....needs to only look at the Reagan economic mistakes.....again.....a great president, but terrible economic policy.
So it began with FDR and was continued further.. As i said before i am not disputing the fact that his debt raising was a problem but his other economic policies were actually beneficial and long lasting. Not to mention he continually called for decreases in government spending and raised the ceiling a number of times with the guarantee that it would happen (but never did)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum