Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why this special for muslims?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why this special for muslims? Empty Why this special for muslims? 1/22/2013, 8:22 am

McDonald's and one of its franchise owners agreed to pay $700,000 to members of the Muslim community to settle allegations a Detroit-area restaurant falsely advertised its food as being prepared according to Islamic dietary law.

McDonald's and Finley's Management Co. agreed Friday to the tentative settlement, with that money to be shared by Dearborn Heights resident Ahmed Ahmed, a Detroit health clinic, the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn and lawyers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/22/mcdonald-settles-700000-suit-over-islamic-diet-in-us/#ixzz2IhobhISV

personally something such as hala meat, i really dont think you should eat at a fast food resturuant. I realize its mcds fault for advertising it, but really all the misleading advertisment we go through in this country and I am sure because this is a muslim religion thing that it won.

Allowing halal meat is submitting to islamic law, because halal meat is a spiritual thing not a processing technique. The halal meat thing is just a way for these religious zealots to incert thier culture into ours to take it over slowly s they have done elsewhere in the world.

2Why this special for muslims? Empty Re: Why this special for muslims? 1/22/2013, 10:28 am

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:McDonald's and one of its franchise owners agreed to pay $700,000 to members of the Muslim community to settle allegations a Detroit-area restaurant falsely advertised its food as being prepared according to Islamic dietary law.

McDonald's and Finley's Management Co. agreed Friday to the tentative settlement, with that money to be shared by Dearborn Heights resident Ahmed Ahmed, a Detroit health clinic, the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn and lawyers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/22/mcdonald-settles-700000-suit-over-islamic-diet-in-us/#ixzz2IhobhISV

personally something such as hala meat, i really dont think you should eat at a fast food resturuant. I realize its mcds fault for advertising it, but really all the misleading advertisment we go through in this country and I am sure because this is a muslim religion thing that it won.

Allowing halal meat is submitting to islamic law, because halal meat is a spiritual thing not a processing technique. The halal meat thing is just a way for these religious zealots to incert thier culture into ours to take it over slowly s they have done elsewhere in the world.

I bet this is a scam.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

3Why this special for muslims? Empty Re: Why this special for muslims? 1/22/2013, 10:31 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

with that money to be shared by Dearborn Heights resident Ahmed Ahmed, a Detroit health clinic, the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn and lawyers.

There's your answer.......sue happy lawyers seeing deep pockets....

4Why this special for muslims? Empty Re: Why this special for muslims? 1/22/2013, 10:42 am

will the rest of us be allowed to sue for false or misleading advertisment?

light beer?

this diet really works?

oh I could go on all day about things that are not exactly what they are advertised as.

I feel this is special privilage because they are muslim. I'm sick to death of special privilages for groups. I want equality for all. Yes, I want everybody to get shitted on equally. Its the American way.

5Why this special for muslims? Empty Re: Why this special for muslims? 1/22/2013, 12:03 pm

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:will the rest of us be allowed to sue for false or misleading advertisment?

Who's stopping you?

Get yourself a lawyer, and go crazy.

You need a hobby.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:will the rest of us be allowed to sue for false or misleading advertisment?

Who's stopping you?

You need a hobby.

I have a hobby.

I bet if this was some lawsuit a bunch of christians won over something this stupid a bunch of people here wouuld be bitchin.

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:

Who's stopping you?

You need a hobby.

I have a hobby.

I bet if this was some lawsuit a bunch of christians won over something this stupid a bunch of people here wouuld be bitchin.

BS.

Do you really think if something was being marketed to a group of Jewish people as kosher, and it turned out not to be, they wouldn't sue?

Do you really think if something was being marketed to a group of Christians as the actual blood of Christ, and it turned out not to be, they wouldn't ...

... wait, nevermind.

There's a lawyer on every corner sort of like Brownsville waiting to sue, it is bs, it is an american company allowed to serve what they want. You don't go into a local indian restaurant and expect to have hamburgers made the traditional american way on the menu. Dearborn hgts is a scum bag little city anyway.

bigt wrote:There's a lawyer on every corner sort of like Brownsville waiting to sue, it is bs, it is an american company allowed to serve what they want. You don't go into a local indian restaurant and expect to have hamburgers made the traditional american way on the menu. Dearborn hgts is a scum bag little city anyway.

That was kind of my point sexy...

mcds shouldnt be trying to cater to them anyway, its a religous request that requires praying. its not like we have to have our pickles in pure viniger orsomething like that. its a prayer they have to have to make it halal meat.

hopfully mcds learned thier lesson

i do wonder however if this will set president for other suits of the nature. you know misleading false advertisment.

10Why this special for muslims? Empty Re: Why this special for muslims? 1/23/2013, 1:35 am

Chrissy wrote:personally something such as hala meat, i really dont think you should eat at a fast food resturuant. I realize its mcds fault for advertising it, but really all the misleading advertisment we go through in this country and I am sure because this is a muslim religion thing that it won.

The McDonald's is in Dearborn, home to the largest Arab and Muslim community in the U.S. They advertised and served halal food because that was what their customers ate. Your own link states that the McDonald's served non-halal food when they ran out of the halal items. That's why this suit was won, not because it's a "muslim religion thing".

It is both a processing technique and a religious mandate. But really, given that there are only 2 McDonald's that sell halal products, given that both are in Dearborn, how can you believe that this is any effort to take over American culture? That's as silly as saying that a Kosher McDonald's in NYC is an attempt for Jews to take over the US.

11Why this special for muslims? Empty Re: Why this special for muslims? 1/23/2013, 6:17 am

BirdyBack wrote:
Chrissy wrote:personally something such as hala meat, i really dont think you should eat at a fast food resturuant. I realize its mcds fault for advertising it, but really all the misleading advertisment we go through in this country and I am sure because this is a muslim religion thing that it won.

The McDonald's is in Dearborn, home to the largest Arab and Muslim community in the U.S. They advertised and served halal food because that was what their customers ate. Your own link states that the McDonald's served non-halal food when they ran out of the halal items. That's why this suit was won, not because it's a "muslim religion thing".

It is both a processing technique and a religious mandate. But really, given that there are only 2 McDonald's that sell halal products, given that both are in Dearborn, how can you believe that this is any effort to take over American culture? That's as silly as saying that a Kosher McDonald's in NYC is an attempt for Jews to take over the US.

I already said it was mcds fault in my original post birdy.

and your wrong. the main ingridient for halal meat is the prayer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

kosher is more about process:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_foods

and no, i do not think if I went to a fast food resturant and they were supposily making my sandwich with light helmans mayo as advertised and ran out and used another, and i found out that i could sue them. I aoso dont think i can sue for the many false advertisments, do you? or are you saying you have never seen false advertisment? you know like i mentioned before 'this diet works perfect". The only LIGHT beer. there are millions of examples.

btw. muslims can eat non halal meat if that is all that ia availible. it didnt harm the person they ran out. This lawssuit is about proving a point. and it says you better not mess with muslim people because unlike christians who get laughed at and shit on at every turn we wont turn our backs on the senitivities of the muslim religion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum