Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The End of Gun Control, or Anarchy? See The Chilling Possibilities Created By 3D Printed Guns

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

They're here today. Not next week, not in 10 years. The machines are affordable and...coming down in price.

The End of Gun Control, or Anarchy? See The Chilling Possibilities Created By 3D Printed Guns

Jan. 18, 2013 7:20am
Mike Opelka

The End of Gun Control, or Anarchy?  See The Chilling Possibilities Created By 3D Printed Guns Beckprintedgunparts

“America, is this guy a hero or a villain?”

That was one of the questions asked by Glenn Beck during a fascinating and potentially frightening interview with Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed, The WikiWeapons Project. If you are not familiar with them, Wilson’s group claims to be “A non-profit collaborative project to create freely available plans for printable 3D guns.”

In a segment during Beck’s TV program about
Jan. 18, 2013 7:20am
Mike Opelka “America, is this guy a hero or a villain?”

That was one of the questions asked by Glenn Beck during a fascinating and potentially frightening interview with Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed, The WikiWeapons Project. If you are not familiar with them, Wilson’s group claims to be “A non-profit collaborative project to create freely available plans for printable 3D guns.”

In a segment during Beck’s TV program about The Singularity, a technology-evolutionary jump, Wilson was talking about his success in using 3D printers to actually make plastic guns. (Cody Wilson has actually fired these printed components — see video below.) Beck also showed a functional, high-capacity magazine that was made by the WikiWeapons project using a 3D printer.

The Singularity, a technology-evolutionary jump, Wilson was talking about his success in using 3D printers to actually make plastic guns. (Cody Wilson has actually fired these printed components — see video below.) Beck also showed a functional, high-capacity magazine that was made by the WikiWeapons project using a 3D printer.

Article
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/18/the-end-of-gun-control-or-anarchy-see-the-chilling-possibilities-created-by-3d-printed-guns/

Video of Interview
http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?width=400&height=254&content_id=25560075&property=theblaze

Video shooting with a printed magazine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q10Jz2qIog8&feature=player_embedded

Want a 50 bullet magazine? Simply download the program and press..."Print".

2seaoat

Good luck with that......we are not quite there. However, if you only needed a single shot.....or a couple shots......these might function for a person. Time will greatly improve the performance of these guns.

2seaoat wrote:Good luck with that......we are not quite there. However, if you only needed a single shot.....or a couple shots......these might function for a person. Time will greatly improve the performance of these guns.

Paper and flimsy plastic= one shot or maybe 5 to 10 at best.

Do the math and buy a real gun that will actually be here when you are gone.

I like it.

Its not perfect yet, but there are certainly metal/plastics that are resiliant.

it lets the powers that be know that a complete gun seige would be impossible. The gun makers could get in thier pockets and still no, the people are rising up and either creating new ways like this, or finding and re learning the old ways it was done. You can not confiscate knowledge.

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Good luck with that......we are not quite there. However, if you only needed a single shot.....or a couple shots......these might function for a person. Time will greatly improve the performance of these guns.

Paper and flimsy plastic= one shot or maybe 5 to 10 at best.

Do the math and buy a real gun that will actually be here when you are gone.

The improvements will be at warp speed. I watched a CSI or one of the others where the murder weapon was made with a 3-D copier. I thought it was a tad bit of science fiction but they are here today.

If they're resin and other space age material, it will pass through metal detectors. A gang or whoever buy several machines and build various parts at different locations around the country. They then mail the parts to whatever location where they need the gun. Untraceable, no serial numbers. This could be a game changer.

The price of the copiers will come down and are already owned by many private individuals. Supposedly Jay Leno has one in his garage. There are ones which also work with metal. He said some parts for his cars are impossible to find. He mentioned a "cog" for a Stanley Steamer. He said the put the broken one in, do some computer work, press print and presto a brand new part.

For a few years now some of the top Funny Cars and Top Fuel Dragsters have been manufacturing their own headers, to their exact specifications instead of purchasing them. If they want to make a change, they could do so instantly and the change would be on the very next set of headers.

What does this do for part ordering? Patents? Are a 100 REAL ASSAULT weapons with fully automatic or 3 shot bursts going to be reduced to a series of 1 and 0's that you down load and hit print. Then put the parts together?

Last edited by Markle on 1/21/2013, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Please view the Bulgarian attempted assasination and gun failure. I can make a gun from common plumbing fixtures available at the hardware store. I have a foid card and can purchase ammo, and shoot someone. I can silence my weapon, by simply getting some more commonly available parts, and using a mail order catalog. I love the speed of 3d printers, but people can kill people with homemade guns.....but why make so much effort when it is so easy to kill someone with readily available guns which take no effort and any sick person can get one at your local gun show. I once made this amazing mini cannon from tennis ball cans and lighter fluid......if I foamed the tennis ball and hit your body with it......you would be done.....serious internal injuries from things readily available at the store.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 1/21/2013, 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat wrote:Please view the Bulgarian attempted suicide and gun failure. I can make a gun from common plumbing fixtures available at the hardware store. I have a foid card and can purchase ammo, and shoot someone. I can silence my weapon, by simply getting some more commonly available parts, and using a mail order catalog. I love the speed of 3d printers, but people can kill people with homemade guns.....but why make so much effort when it is so easy to kill someone with readily available guns which take no effort and any sick person can get one at your local gun show. I once made this amazing mini cannon from tennis ball cans and lighter fluid......if I foamed the tennis ball and hit your body with it......you would be done.....serious internal injuries from things readily available at the store.

tennis balls and lighter fluid? Where was the barrel old man?

You're talking nothing more than a potato cannon at best. The physics classes at high schools make and test them.

2seaoat

I do not know if I should teach you these things....you may become a domestic terrorist. Take four to six tennis ball cans and duct tape them together removing both ends. Your trigger can keeps one end, and you drill a 1 /16th hole in the trigger can. With your cannon facing down pour lighter fluid in you trigger can hole and slowly rotate the barrel....slide the tennis ball into the barrel......level the barrel, aim, and light.

Purchase some dry ice at walmart. Take a 2 liter pepsi or coke plastic bottle....break your dry ice up drop it into the bottle.....cap it.....and find a metal mailbox.......place the bottle into the mailbox.....and get the hell as far away as you can.......goodbye mailbox.......I could tell you the nasty and deadly way to do this.....but then I would be aiding and abetting a future domestic terrorist.....so it is my duty to let you and Mr. Markle keep working on the 3d printer.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I do not know if I should teach you these things....you may become a domestic terrorist. Take four to six tennis ball cans and duct tape them together removing both ends. Your trigger can keeps one end, and you drill a 1 /16th hole in the trigger can. With your cannon facing down pour lighter fluid in you trigger can hole and slowly rotate the barrel....slide the tennis ball into the barrel......level the barrel, aim, and light.

Purchase some dry ice at walmart. Take a 2 liter pepsi or coke plastic bottle....break your dry ice up drop it into the bottle.....cap it.....and find a metal mailbox.......place the bottle into the mailbox.....and get the hell as far away as you can.......goodbye mailbox.......I could tell you the nasty and deadly way to do this.....but then I would be aiding and abetting a future domestic terrorist.....so it is my duty to let you and Mr. Markle keep working on the 3d printer.

That's okay, I didn't expect you to get the point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum